(IR) IR Interlude, Turn 5 - Turn 6 (Thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Here's what the Staff has to say about that.

<< It is not within your power to destroy me, Solar. I am the Staff of Ancient Penumbra. My wielders have destroyed foes hundreds of times more dangerous than you. Only your cowardly, simpering foolishness allowed you to escape my wrath intact. >>

It glows with an evil light.

<< Only one thing can destroy me, and Anabstercorian waits for you with it. Can you find it? I don't think you can... Know this! Should you break me, as though with a Retributive Strike from a Staff of Power, the sun will be snuffed out for a year and a day! The surface world will wither and die, should you be so foolish. >>

Anabstercorian

First Post
Warning! The following message is secret, and only for Edena! Skip this post, or risk metagaming!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Edena, Anabstercorian has left his Secret Place after being healed and prepared for vicious battle and has returned to the Penumbral Hub, the abandoned capitol of the Illithid empire. It is a Ringworld made of pure Substare that spins at solarsynchronous orbit around a yellow star. Although it has been ruined for milennia, portions still retain atmospheric pressure. Only throwing the Staff of Ancient Penumbra in to this specific sun, thus snuffing it out, can destroy the Staff. Teleporting it or Gating it is not possible, due to an ancient series of Mythals that cover the surface of the star.
While this might seem overpowering, keep in mind that I have no more power over this place than anyone else - It is an exotic locale, and nothing more.

Warning! The above message is secret, and only for Edena! Skip this post, or risk metagaming!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Warning!

Creamsteak

Explorer
About me and Sollir,

Sollir agreed to join my table. That means that I am at his service and he is at mine. I may have "invaded" his forces lands, but he still has every right to them. We planed on becoming a cumulative country anyway. I had no intention of forming an "invasion" as Edena posted, but yes, 25 PL is a bit large for a scouting mission.

Sollir, you have every right to remain in the Riftcrag and Delrune as a member of my table. You also have every right to act independantly of my forces. We planned on unifying our borders anyway... so this could work out for us.

Tell me what you think of this... because I meant to protect your countries from attacks from someone else since, apparently, your forces were missing. I did invade Anabstercorrian, however.

Wait for Sollir to post before making any judgements on this.

Forrester

First Post
EDENA -- you said that it is at least five turns until anyone gets 11th level magic. And five turns until we can bring it into Greyspace.

I can't help but ask: what is changing that allows us, in five turns, to bring 11th level magic from Realmspace into Greyspace?

I also can't help but ask: Why would an Oerthian power be prohibited from researching 11th level magic at such a pace as to get 11th level magic in three or four turns?

Forrester

Spoof

First Post
Re: Here's what the Staff has to say about that.

Anabstercorian said:
<< It is not within your power to destroy me, Solar. I am the Staff of Ancient Penumbra. My wielders have destroyed foes hundreds of times more dangerous than you. Only your cowardly, simpering foolishness allowed you to escape my wrath intact. >>

It glows with an evil light.

<< Only one thing can destroy me, and Anabstercorian waits for you with it. Can you find it? I don't think you can... Know this! Should you break me, as though with a Retributive Strike from a Staff of Power, the sun will be snuffed out for a year and a day! The surface world will wither and die, should you be so foolish. >>

Thank you for that bit of information my friend I didi not know that. If I were to break you it would not be here but in my Masters Plane, where your essence would then be contained for all eternity. And there are other ways to destroy you, I can think of an item that would do so, and currently other are looking for it as we speak, so becareful or your time could grow short.

OOC: also Anabstercorian if the staff uses Psyicic abalities to communicate or any other such things they are null around me as there is allways a 15' Psionic dead area around me, so to me the staff is probably nothing more than a simple peice of wood, as it is a psionic artifact and not a magical one, but I am not sure about this. So if I do destroy it (not gonna though) I doubt it would be able to blot out the sun as while near me it has NO power.

Forrester

First Post
Re: Re: Here's what the Staff has to say about that.

Spoof said:

OOC: also Anabstercorian if the staff uses Psyicic abalities to communicate or any other such things they are null around me as there is allways a 15' Psionic dead area around me, so to me the staff is probably nothing more than a simple peice of wood, as it is a psionic artifact and not a magical one, but I am not sure about this. So if I do destroy it (not gonna though) I doubt it would be able to blot out the sun as while near me it has NO power.

That's like saying an Anti-Magic shell could stop a 10th level magic effect. Ain't gonna happen. I'm skeptical that your psionic-dead zone can cancel psionic abilities of the 10th and 11th level, and it seems to me that given this thing is an exceptionally powerful artifact, it's probably immune to said zone. Just my opinion.

In other news, Edena's head exploded today :).

Spoof

First Post
Private for Edena

Hey Edena I found a way to post stuff for you so while anyone can read it they have to actually try to read it All you have to do is hilight under this to read the message:

Test for Edena:

I believe I stated all I want to try and to this turn untill you ralay what is happening so far. Do you think the plan for the PL boost is reasonable? well just let me know, thanks!

See there you go :)

Yea I agree Forrester it just depends of if magical artifacts work in Magic dead zones... I do not believe they do though, if there is no Magic it does not matter how powerful the magic is it does not work. Same with Psionics

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Re: Private for Edena

Spoof said:

Yea I agree Forrester it just depends of if magical artifacts work in Magic dead zones... I do not believe they do though, if there is no Magic it does not matter how powerful the magic is it does not work. Same with Psionics

Depends on who/what created the dead zone, IMO. For instance, an Anti-Magic field does allow some magic in -- it doesn't knock down a Wall of Force, for instance. And I don't think it actually affects artifacts, but I don't have the PHB in front of me.

I think that any super strong artifact would have a built in Dispel-Lesser-Null-Zones effect, or else it'd be pretty silly.

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Private for Edena

Spoof said:
Magic-dead areas suppress some artifacts (not all, see descs in DMG), created antimagic fields don't affect them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads