• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 2)

Anabstercorian

First Post
OPEN POST

Lord Melkor, while I appreciate the intensity with which you support me, relax. I'm on top of the deal with my brethren. All will go as I will it, I am sure. I command great respect among Illithid. Very great.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I'm still a bit confused regarding templates and the effect of high-level magic on advancing civilization.

Specifically, the points I am unclear on are:

1. What should the templates for turn 6 look like?
2. You said that 11th-level magic cuts the costs for advancing civilization by half. So 10th-level magic doesn't have any effect on this? Also, Alzem and Forrester already have 11th-level magic?!

And lastly, is the starting time for turn 6 already known? :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
OPEN POST RE: 11th Level Magic

Forrester and Alzem, as well as all other Torilian forces, have access to 11th level magic - But only on Toril. On Oerth, they must research it as normal. At the moment, I believe that Forrester is the only Torilian force that can use 10th level magic on Oerth.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sollir, I will send you an email, but we must decide which planars to summon. Edena's post about this subject is at the end of the lists post.

My opinion is that we both continue to summon Chromatic and Metallic Dragons (as we have been for a while now...) and we also begin to summon some kind of lawful race (as I believe the lawful may be more willing to follow orders than their chaotic or neutral counterparts.

Roflol (SECRET Anab's knowledge only)

And my mail adress = NukemUntilTheyGlow@hotmail.com

When I rememberd that this morning I found it quite a lark :)

Anabstercorian, Vaeregoth sends Zazz to the Godsspires and he will start emmitting a telepathic call to you. He asks to have a chat with you and if interesting Vaeregoth will come herself to continue the conversation between worthy people.

(Zazz = a Illithid NPC of mine, he is PL 4, Edena I take that when you read this you will add him to the list. The 4 PL you must take from my Illithid spelljamming fleet. 58 PL in Illithid spelljammer would become 4PL NPC + 54 PL Illithid spelljammers).

Anabstercorian, would you be so kind to mail me what you have to say if you notice him and decide to contact him? For he does have something to say if you show up.

Anabstercorian

First Post
OPEN POST Re: Zazz

<< Anabstercorian! We are the Hive. I am Zazz. I call you in the name of Vaegroth, Proxy of the Scion Queen! >>
<< You've been yelling that for a last six hours, Zazz, you can shut the hell up, now. >>
Zazz whirled around to see Anabstercorian standing there in all his glory, ectoplasmic platemail covering his body like dreamstuff, the crown of Ilsensine sweeping back across his forehead.
Zazz bowed respectfully. << Greetings, oh mighty >> and here he used the thought pattern that was Anabstercorian's true name. << I have come to greet you in the name of the Hive. >>
Anabstercorian glared, then raised an eyebrow. << You serve the Hive? >> He shook his head. << You are foolish indeed to turn away from the true path of our people, Zazz. >>
Zazz smiled, in the way Illithids do. << Perhaps. Perhaps. I have found great satisfaction in the way of the Hive. There is great discipline there. >>
<< Discipline comes from the Illithid, Zazz, not from the Hive. It is not the way of our people to serve any but Ilsensine. You know this. Or have you not only lost your respect, but also your mind? >>
Zazz chuckled. << Is this all you have to say? Insults to the Hive? >>
Anabstercorian stepped forward, pointing his finger at Zazz. << Silence! I have more to say. >>
There was a moment of quiet.
<< Tell my people, the ones that you are leading in to servitude, that I will lead them in to glory! Tell my people that Anabstercorian is the Chosen of Ilsensine, and all who would respect his all-knowing Will must turn their alliance from the Queen to ME. I can bring them worlds, Zazz. I can bring them Penumbra arisen. Once more the stars will belong to the Illithid, and no more shall we huddle beneath the surface of the myriad worlds in terror of the creatures we once commanded. >>
He spat, a tiny globule of black ichor that stuck to the ground. << All you can bring them is sacrilige, idiocy, and submission. Now go. Tell Vaegroth that if he desires to speak with me, I can be found here for one hour, and not a second longer. >>
He turned his back on Zazz.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Need Ruling on a spell

With some ultraheigh level mages, it would be possible to do the following:

Take a Rogue 20, a Druid 20 (with Shifter levels and Multi Attack and Multi Dexterity feats), a Wiz 24 or higher and a Fighter 20 and a huge number of peasants. All in the mix with Gestalt (BoEM2) and I have an Ancient Gold Wyrm (or the biggest kind of dragon I can become as Shifter), being an Abberation with fighter BAB, who can attack with *each* of his limbs (2 from the Rogue, 2 from the Fighter, 2 from the Wizard and 2 times the number of peasants) with Sneak Attack damage (from being Improved Invisible). let's say I take 17 Peasants, that'd be: 4 attack of the Fighter, 40 attacks of the additional limps, and probably the Dragons' natural attacks too!

That will work.

The ruling is the following. I add a Persistent Duplicate (the spell I've been calling "Two Bodies". The correct name is Duplicate). The spell basically says that it copies the creature (exact duplicate), but none of the lingering spell effects are transferred to the Duplicate. Also, if the 'original' dies, the Duplicate becomes the real 'person' and you lose 2d4 * 1000 XP. What happens in the following scenario:

1) The complete creature is Duplicated.

2) The complete creature is Duplicated, then 'falls apart' into all the different people (thus having 21 people from the example).

3) The only thing to be Duplicated is the caster, even though he is part of something bigger and does no longer excist for the purpose of this spell.

When 1:
What happens if the spell runs out (Gestalt = 1 minute / level)? Will the spell run out on the Duplicate too?

When 2:
What happens if I attack with the original creature, who is then slain? Will all the people go back to their own body? Does everyone lose 2d4x1000 XP, or does the "Gestalt" lose 2d4x1000 XP, distributed evenly among the participants?

When 3:
What happens if the original is slain? Do all the souls go to the caster of the Duplicate spell, or does only the caster live on, while all the others die?

***New Research***
I'm starting research on a Gestalt spell with some differences:

Duration: From 1 minute / level to Instantaneous.
Save: None
SR: None
Special: Subjects must be willing.
Special: The creature with the highest intelligence will be able to shift control each round (he is in control, but can assign control to others on a round to round basis).
Special: You *don't* gain the Two Weapon Fighting and the Ambidexterity feats that you normally gain when you cast the spell.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
At the end of the Lists post, Edena stated that the Moderator will be gone for two days...

I wouldn't let the board pile up too much, it would just increase that two days without an up to date moderator to four days.

I won't ask any questions at all for these two days, but I will post answers to questions Edena asked of me...

I think this sounds reasonable...

Remove ads