(IR) IR Interlude Turn 5 - Turn 6 (thread 4)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Angel looks genuinely upset by this speech by the God Emperor, and it's suffering is felt keenly by all present, except for Mina and Lord Melkor.
Even the God Emperor feels it.

The Angel looks at the God Emperor, and speaks:

Please, we beg you ... understand us.

We may not advice you, for it is not our place to influence your hearts.
We may not chastise you, for your hearts are your own, and not ours.
We may not threaten you, for fear is the servant of our enemy.

We may love you, cherish you, and desire peace and joy for you.
We may hear the calling in your hearts, when it is a true calling, and come to aid you.

And ...

(The Angel looks at the God Emperor solemnly)

We may take the lives of Mortals.

You must understand ... we MUST obey Alzem, for that is the Mandate given to us by the Seventh Heaven.

We may not rebel against rightful authority.
We may not choose to follow our own hearts against direct authority.
We may not choose to turn our backs on the Mandate of the Seventh Heaven.

We abhor war with Mortals, yet we are constrained to this, if Alzem decrees it so.

And we cannot advice you in what you should or should not do.
It is not our place.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Thank you for your guidance spirit of good.

" I cannot do this, Mina. Your path is not mine and shall not be mine. Some prices are to great to pay, the Red Death may be dangerous but the loss of freedom that your people represent is far worse. I will stand for my cause and me people! We refuse you, we refuse the Shade and we refuse the Slavery the Fleet of Darkness seeks to bring. In this I serve my people,my purpose and my beliefs. We will stand with you against the Fleet of Darkness if so you wish however. A dead world does noone any good. We understand this. Know, however that we are not allies."

"God-Emperor, I still offer you my hopes for your rising and my offer of peace."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina stands, and says pointedly, and poignantly:

I see no reason why Alzem cannot abstain from attacking us.
His force, and the Angels, are more than sufficient to protect Oerth from the Army of Darkness.

Alzem should be sending his forces to protect Oerth, to protect it's people.

Out there, beyond the Crystal Sphere, where a battle will not increase the power of the Red Goo, where the Army of Darkness can be halted by the immense power that Alzem commands.

It is unreasonable that Alzem threatens the Union of the Worlds, when the Army of Darkness approaches.
It is not logical or reasonable in any way.

While Alzem is fighting the Army of Darkness, we can use our combined power to heal the Blood Waste.
We can ally with the Alliance of Oerth to heal the Blood Waste.

We cannot do that if Alzem attacks us.
We cannot do that if Alzem orders the Angels to attack us.

We are trying to build a new world here, a world of peace and law, where people will be happy and a just reward will be theirs in return for their faith and devotion to the One God and the Pantheon.

We cannot build this world, or any world, if the Red Goo is allowed to strengthen, and it brings the Red Death down upon us.
We cannot do this if the Elder Ones are summoned to this world by the madmen of the Black Brotherhood.
We cannot do this if Alzem brings the Angels upon us in war.

This is not reasonable, on Alzem's part.

I will go to the Alliance of Oerth, and ask them to talk to Alzem, and ask him to consider what he is doing, and consider reason, before his actions doom all of us.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mina looks at Kalanyr, and speaks imploringly:

You are a member of the Alliance of Oerth.

I beseech you to talk to your allies.
Talk to Alzem.

Give them the message I have spoken.

Tell them we are all lost to the Army of Darkness, if Alzem wars with us now.

Tell them I wish to combine the strength of the Union of the Worlds with the Alliance of Oerth to heal the Blood Waste.

Tell them that we ask Alzem and his celestials to do the correct thing - to attack and destroy this Army of Darkness before it reaches Greyspace.

Kalanyr

Explorer
" I intend to do so, Mina. I have no wish to spill unnecessary blood. I have seen more blood than even you can imagine. Far too much. I do what I can to spread peace and joy throughout the land. I do what must be done to prevent the Red Death and when the time comes I will stand against the Union of Worlds if they seek to bring pain,suffering or slavery upon the unwilling."

zouron

First Post
*The deligation of the Eternal Union bows to Mina, and the speaker says before withdrawing to the background:*

We shall bring you plea before the honourable Fujishi Zuroji, and we shall give Fujishi Zuroji your answer.

*A member of the Deligation hands a letter to Kalanyr, then bows and withdraws.*

Letter:

Honourable Lord Kalanyr, We are sending you this letter in hope that you could consider a negotiation. We hope to obtain your people's long time help in the ways of life nessecary to expand our land downwards into the underdark below us. We are in need of this expertise knowledge for fast an successful expansion to accomidate the needs of our men. Our terms for your help are negotiable and we are willing to be generous in obtaining qualified help.

Signed: Muji Eviri, Diplomatic Officer.

Serpenteye

First Post
"Kalanyr, you have never been my enemy. I gladly accept your offer of peace and I also desire to rise." the God Emperor smiles at that, but when he turns to the Angel his face is grave:
_
"I see that you realise the folly and corruption of Alzem and that you are powerless to act against his will. For you are bound by those who stand higher than Gods.
I will save you from the sin you are being forced to commit, I will speak to your masters."
The God Emperor sits down on his throne and his face is tense with concentration. A vastly powerful force of his bodyguards and the elite of his army assembles around him wary of attack, but the God-Emperor does not see them. All his concentration is required to hold on to his projection on Mount Celestia.
He sees through the eyes of his image and hear with its ears, but his soul is safe on the Prime. The image of the God-Emperor floats in the blinding light of the peak of the plane of ultimate Law and Good. The very power that surrounds him would be enough to rip his real body to shreds but the illusion feels no pain. The God Emperor feels strange powers and emotions coursing through his projected mind but his soul remains his own and observes the image from beyond the plane. After a stunned moment of awe he speaks, and his voice, though powerful, is almost lost in the overwhelming power of its surroundings. In the throne-room of Rauxes it thunders over the listeners:

"Masters of Heaven, Overpowers of Good, you who hold the Multiverse in your hands, I have come to tell you of the fall of one of your greatest servants and to warn you of a danger that threatens all existance.
The world of Oerth is threatened by war. A war that will destroy that world. A war in which your servant Alzem is the agressor." the God-Emperor explains the nature of the Red Goo and the Red Death and why war would be a very bad thing. "Your fallen servant Alzem knows all this. He knows it, and ignores it since it interferes with his desire to do murder in your name. He, and the foolish children of the Black Brotherhood, are the only forces that seems to prefer war over peace and he is forcing your Angels to taint their pure souls with his sin. Release them from his service. Recall them to their duty to guard against the Elder Ones. Take your fallen servant Alzem. Take him back to Mount Celestia and punish him for his crimes. Do this, and save the Multiverse from his madness. In the name of everything that was, is, and ever will be, I beg you."

He awaits their answer.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Angel did not respond to Melkor.

- - -

From Mount Celestia comes an answer to the God Emperor.

Surrender your Union of Oerth to the Alliance of Oerth.
Kick Mina and her army out of Oerth.
Kick the Shade out of Oerth.
Embrace the friendship of the United Commonwealth of Toril.
Embrace the friendship of the Knights of Solamnia and the Knights of Steel.

And then, the peace you proclaim to desire, shall come to pass.

(This speech did not come from the Angels. It came from the deities of Mount Celestia (not the Seventh Heaven), who are very annoyed that an evil demigod who sponsors Olympic Games of Torture has come to their Mountain, and is talking about peace when he is a known conqueror. They have little sympathy for him, and even less willingness to help.)

(No answer comes from the Seventh Heaven.)

Last edited:

Remove ads