(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 4)

Forrester

First Post
As an observer, I'd like to point out that

there's no way in hell that the Humanoids would join with Serpenteye. Puh-LEASE! I'm not a part of the IR any longer, and so I'm sure my word means nothing, but I can't imagine my people joining with such a loser. We stood with the Technomancers from the beginning . . . and we would continue to do so, petty squabbling notwithstanding.

We have nothing to gain from this, and everything to lose.

Whatever. Carry on with the "severe IC penalties for the UC", an entity which was promised at the beginning of the IR that they would play a minor role, if that. Because this IR was supposed to be about Oerth. Right?

Yeah . . . . right.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
OCC

Well Forrester, I agree that humanoids joining with Union is a bit absurd, but it might be mists twisting everybody's minds around.
At least I hope, it is because of that. :D

Things have changed yes, and your character did his part in changing. In world of free planar travelling things get easily out of hand like this. So no wonder, IR became planar hell-ride, instead of game about set purely on Oerth.

Yep, it is not always logical, it is about plots meant to offer amusement for most players. Power-level rocketed sky-high too.
And sometimes choices seem to made player-equality in mind as most important factor.

If you quit playing a character and return only to say quick remarks about 'how things are done wrong', what do you hope to achieve. Do you wish to make Edena feel bad?

Indeed, things would be different, had you stayed to play your character/faction. It is rare thing, dm complitely manages to follow something always very clear to player, but something that was never actually written down as guideline.

Hopefully your sentiment will be heard.

Now, remember to be nicer next time or I bite your arm off. :D

((Remains me: So, nobody wanted to save Forrester's concubine, after all?))

Posted by Zelda:

((Remains me: So, nobody wanted to save Forrester's concubine, after all?))

Well, nobody noticed that she appeared at the conference as my messanger!:D

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Posted by Zelda:

Well, nobody noticed that she appeared at the conference as my messanger!:D

Yeh, I just remembered the interest before. My chaotic neutral/way under 20th level spokeman who was only one left at conferance at the time, hadn't even heard of the incident.

Oh, well, I'd just want to see how that 'saving operation' had turned out.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Melkor,

How about this for a sample offer: You throw away all red goo altogether and we give you a place on Toril, Oerth, and you can keep as many pocket dimensions as you want. If you clean up the red goo yourself this would be quite a bit reasonable for us to offer. Around 10 LL sized territories on each sphere and as many pocket dimensions as you can make.

This is just a sample, I don't speak for any large group of nations.

Posted by Creamsteak:

Melkor,

How about this for a sample offer: You throw away all red goo altogether and we give you a place on Toril, Oerth, and you can keep as many pocket dimensions as you want. If you clean up the red goo yourself this would be quite a bit reasonable for us to offer. Around 10 LL sized territories on each sphere and as many pocket dimensions as you can make.

This is just a sample, I don't speak for any large group of nations.

Well, it is a bit hard for me to negotiate, while many powers are launching an 11th level attack to anhilate me, you don`t want me to do desperate things again, do you?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, it is a bit hard for me to negotiate, while many powers are launching an 11th level attack to anhilate me, you don`t want me to do desperate things again, do you?

Does this mean my offer would be generally acceptable. Maybe some of my allies should consider this (looks at them). I don't know how they feel, I have other major interests.

Remove ads