(IR) Preparations for the 3rd IR - Thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(looks exhausted)

Ok.

The Amedio Rainforest remains contested between Festy Dog and Alyx.
The Domain of Greyhawk remains contested between Melkor and GnomeWorks.

There are no other contested nations or peoples that I know of at this point.

Nearly every available nation or power on the Lists has been claimed.
The very few that are left are:

NPCS AND DEMIPOWER NPCS

Bucknard (NPC, human, mage of extremely high level, neutral) PL 2
Leomund (NPC, human, mage of very high level, neutral) PL 1
Obmi (NPC, dwarf, assassin/fighter of very high level, evil) PL 1
Philidor, the Blue Wizard (NPC, human (blue colored!), mage of very high level) PL 2

Heward (NPC, demipower, was human, bard/sorcerer of extremely high level, neutral good, friend of Mordenkainen) PL 5
Kalden, the Prince of Swords (NPC, demipower, was human, fighter of extremely high level, neutral) PL 5
Keoghtom (NPC, demipower, was human, cleric/mage of extremely high level, chaotic good, friend of Mordenkainen) PL 5
Zagyg the Mad Archmage (NPC, demipower, was human, mage of extremely high level, chaotic neutral) PL 6

TORILIANS

Church of Toril (Aloisius should run the Church of Toril, if anyone does. If he does not show, and it becomes necessary, I will represent them if needed.)

LAND POWERS

The Lost Elves of the Adri Forest (If released from the artifact’s hold - high elven, grey elven, banshees and other elven undead, evil forest beings, evil) PL 4
(This power cannot be claimed by the good side. If the evil side seizes Adri Forest, they may attempt to claim it.)

POWERS UNDER THE WAVES

Deepwater League (Merfolk, sea-elves, tritons, dolphins, neutral and good) PL 15
People of the Shining Grottos (Merfolk, sea-elves, dolphins, tritons, heavily good) PL 10

KNIGHTLY ORDERS

Knights of Aerdi (Dedicated to restoring the Great Kingdom, all alignments) PL 2

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ruling:

If you choose to allocate some of your Power Level to advancing your civilization, DO NOT post it to the board.
E-mail me instead.

That way, we won't clutter up the freeform IR with such posts as:

The Coalition of Light and Shadow is spending 20 points to advance it's civilization.

- - -

Just e-mail me with such a post, and I'll take it into account, and adjust the Lists accordingly on the next turn.
During the turn you e-mail me such a post, I will take into account the weakening of your Power that such an action brings.
Effort put into building your civilization is effort taken away from assault or defense.

However, there is the payoff, if you can pull it off, as described in the rules.

Wait until Turn 0 before e-mailing me, though!

Edena_of_Neith

Last edited:

Edena, ever thought off banning 11th level magic....? It makes for such almost impossible to stop mass annihilation crap. like let's all side and crap while twice a turn we blast the crap out of everyone and we just happy campers if you get my drift. Plz consider this.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Ruling:

If a majority of those of you involved vote to ban 11th level magic, I will drop 11th level magic from the IR.

Please give me your thoughts in this matter, here on the board, as soon as you can.

Thanks.

Edena_of_Neith

William Ronald

Explorer
New Claims

Edena:

I would like to claim:

Murlynd (NPC, demipower, was human, paladin/mage of extremely high level, lawful good, friend of Mordenkainen) PL 5

Knights of Holy Shielding (Dedicated to holding the Shieldlands and stopping Iuz, neutral and good) PL 2
Knights of the Watch (Dedicated to protecting the Sheldomar Valley from the Baklunish, neutral) PL 2
Order of the Hart (Dedicated to stopping Iuz, good) PL 2
The Fellowship of the Torch (Dedicated to stopping Iuz, all alignments) PL 2

Also, I thought kaboom (who seems to be angry with me based on one of his posts) claimed the sea powers you list as unclaimed.

As I recall, Philidor was a good aligned mage. I will do a check on this for you.

I support 11th level magic in the thread. I seem to recall no objection to it when it was the sole province of Acerak and Vecna.

William

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
In response to Turrok, I fully agree that if there is consensus that giving 11th lvl magic to some good guys too will balance things better, then it should be done.

I was just contesting 1) that evil is at all a 'bloc', 2) the prediction that a power of 120 or a power of 50 will totally blast the rest of the playing field, which has a power >1000, all in the first three turns (after which a bunch of other people get it too).

I just don't think it's all that unbalancing, but as previously established, I'm a bit dim :)

Bonedagger

First Post
Seems to me that you guys are starting to bitch about this 11th level magic.

According to the rules an 11th level magic can when it is most powerfull reduce anothers basepower by 1/4. You would still need to sacrifice a lot of your power to whipe that opponent out (And where's the fun in throwing people out of the game?). Then another power of 100pl (most players have that) would find you easy to cruss. Anyway. With so many potential opponent, weakening one only make you look more dangerous in the eyes of the rest. Reason for them to team up- My enemy's enemy is a potential ally.... And so on. I know that most seem to team up against me. Good and evil. The way I see it. 11th level magic is my only chance to survive the first few rounds.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads