(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

Kalanyr

Explorer
Re: To Kalanyr

Serpenteye said:
[B
"I emphatize with you, because I felt the same way. I just recently recieved arcane magics myself. Imagine, the greatest mage on Oerth being given arcane magics by a fighter! It's really quite simple when you know it but it's hell trying to research it on your own, and for your kind Hell is not a pleasant location.
'What would I like for the secrets of arcane magic?' Nothing you have or would be willing to give at this time, I wager. Perhaps at some time in the future I could exchange it for a favour of some sort. Perhaps, we shall see." [/B]

"I used to take Vacations to the first layer of Hell, but after my first few trips Tiamat always showed up for some reason,so I quit it."

Maudlin

First Post
Re: IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Edena_of_Neith said:
You can still gain big from advancing your civilization. That is not changed.
I quietly suspect this will be a more unbalancing factor, at least for the people with huge tracts of land... eg. I'm smallish and at 50, while the Dark Union is huge and at 100. Suppose we both use 60% of our PL to advance, then he'll have 40 left to push his agenda to my 20 (still sounds fair), but would then gain 30 PL permanently, to my 3-5. Small countries shouldn't even try to compete in the Industrial race. It sounds like a rule that would take a lot of bookkeeping too, btw, which makes your job more painful :)

Then again, large territories would conceivable have an advantage in industrialisation, so maybe it makes sense. They make a bigger target too, after all :>

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks, Edena

Edena:

It is good to have you back. I hope that you are fully rested.

I hope Valkys will return, as well.

I do have a nation to give a new player and several others do as well. Alyx can offer them the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, a LN/LG power.

Thanks for the clarification on Vecna. I think this will give bonedagger a lot more playability. Also, did you end the alignment rule for the territory claims.

The changes in the arms races will also extend the life of the thread and make it easier for new people to join once we start.

I was a bit worried about Zelda. She is now fully powered and ready for the game play.

Lynux has dropped the Lortmils from his claims, due to negotiations with Gnomeworks. He may want to rethink some of his claims.

Also, Turrosh Mak accepted a deal which Lynux offered.

I still have no word from Frigid_Spleen or John Brown. Does anyone on this board have their e-mails.

I hope to hear from creamsteak and Uvenelei latter today.

Uvenelei

First Post
I just read all the rules, then I read the post telling me to NOT read the rules... :)
Oh well.

Ok, I hereby claim Ishtarland, the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, and Lyrn. I don't know where to the far west of the Flanaess they are; are they geographically close to one another?

I'm sorry to hear that someone's leaving due to the extra rules, but so far it looks like the IR will still be fun. Thanks again to Edena and William for all your help.

Bonedagger

First Post
Guess that timetraveling drained a lot of enegy.. Oh well. I can always try again later... But in the meantime. What do I do? Oh yeah.. Sweet revenge. He he hee.

Maudlin

First Post
Oops, I just now noticed the request, sorry. Bit late to make it the 4th post now :)

Faction map is at http://users.pandora.be/maudlin/map.html

You can click on it to get a slightly larger version of the same map, which should be a little easier on the eyes.

And a great big welcome to Uvenelei, good to have you. Look forward to devouring your soul soon!

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
I just greatly reduced the size of the Rules Post.
I shrunk the rules.

Would you'all look, and tell me if I succeeded in doing so properly?
I want greater clarity and less confusion - and less intimidation, from the rules.

Uvenelei, welcome to the IR!
Ishtarland, Lyrn, and the Wind Dukes are at about roughly the same longetude, but vary greatly in latitude.
Lyrn is equatorial. Ishtarland is subtropical and warm temperate. The Wind Dukes are cold temperate and subarctic.

Just think of them as a block of nations, way west of the map.

I will put your claims up on the Lists.

William Ronald

Explorer
Welcome to the IR thread!

Welcome, Uvenelei!!

Well, I did promise Ishtarland to a new player. It is yours. If you wish to rename it, and Edena allows, I have names.

I don't have the map, but I think the Wind Dukes are likely near Ishtarland. If this were on Earth, Ishtarland would be the Mesopotamian region and Lyrn would be Africa, based on what I know.

Darkness and Lynux, I believe, are still contesting for Erypt, an analogue for Egypt. Alyx has claimed the Wind Dukes of Aaqa, so I can't speak on the claim for that.

E-mail me if you have questions. Or ask on the boards.

Glad to have you here!!

Bonedagger: Remember the Klingon prover: "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Maudlin: Do you or anyone know who wrote the article with Erypt on the map or what issue it was in. Zelda indicated she would try to find it, but she said the Dragon CD Rom's search function was poor.

Last edited:

Remove ads