(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Edena

I also want to claim the City of Greyhawk, and the territory surrounding it. If someone else has put a claim to it, I'm going to contest their claim.

Last edited:

Maudlin

First Post
William, I don't know the issue it was covered in, but I ran across a project a while ago that is trying to flesh out the Eryptian lands specifically, maybe that can help.

They've got a really spiffy (23 year-old) map of the lands west of the Flan too, btw, have a look:

http://www.hallofhero.com/sand/index.cfm

Zelda, if the magazines on the CDROM (for which I would eat my own right hand) are in pdf format, you can use the windows Find program on them too, if that works better.

zouron

First Post
*peeks in from the mist of nothingness*

just wanted to voice my opinion on a few points I have seen here.

first it seems that an amazing amount of people made huge powerful characters, this is't nessecary a bad thing... but sorta.. power doesn't mean you have many levels. Look at the real big players in the last thread, their characters was rather average rule wise. (I though I was playing hugely over powered at 40 levels).

second, don't worry too much about rules, even in this phase this is for fun! because you are PL 40 and at war with PL 100 does not mean they win automatically!, be counning explain what you do to edena and the rest, perhaps make some announcement IC (which is really fun hehe).

Ohh set yourself a goal for the game, what is you you want to accomplish? I did this and I started well as one character only, and was fairly important by the end of IR thread 2 (at least in my opinion!).

hmm one thing that seems to concern me with this one thread is that a lot of nations are all pictured individual... I hope when the game start they will be seen as one unit, orelse at least for me it would be very confusing. And as for those suggesting others pick close by each other I stronly disagree with this, as long as I can see those nation unit under a common ruler so :p

As for the rules, hey don't worry about them, just say what you do what you want to research and such, edena posted them for you to hae fun with (and or maximize our claims if you so desired), there is no real win or loss here, there is only lots of fun!

ohh ignore my babbling by the way and enjoy :) and gies lots of credit to edena, this is truly his show!

Bonedagger

First Post
Re: Welcome to the IR thread!

William Ronald said:
Bonedagger: Remember the Klingon prover: "Revenge is a dish best served cold"

Do not worry that I would rush blindly into a rage. Remember that I do have had some time to practice patience (Beeing undead help a lot there).

I was merely stating my motivation:) My last project turned out to become a rather anticlimatic situation you know:)

Serpenteye

First Post
You Naughty Gnome!

GnomeWorks said:
I would like to claim the Peoples of the Iron Hills and the Free City of Irongate.

You do realize you have just caused your own undoing, do you not?

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Uvenelei

The Wind Dukes of Aaqa our yours! And there goes a load off of my chest... I was getting way to many points there.

Enjoy, and use for the benefit of us all...

Or those of us that fight for good, anyway.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
GnomeWorks, if you are claiming Irongate and the Iron Hills, I would also recommend you claim Idee and Onnwall, which are also a part of the Iron League and next door to Irongate.

Nobody has claimed any of those nations yet, although the Dark Union has threatened anyone who would claim them.

The Domain of Greyhawk was claimed by the Shadow Empire.
It is now a Contested Claim.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Ok, Uvenelei has claimed the Wind Dukes of Aaqa.
Alyx has given up his claim to the Wind Dukes, so there is no contest there.

Ishtarland and Lyrn are claimed. Would those of you holding those lands like to cede them to Uvenelei?

I would also like to suggest some URLs for everyone:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/lo-nakar.zip
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSqure/5878/

And ESPECIALLY THIS URL!

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/gridgeo.gif

In fact, Maudlin - could you post the URL directly above whenever you post the URL of the map you have made?
For here is THE map of Oerik.

We can now get to the business of actually placing Lyrn, Ishtarland, The Wind Dukes, and the Celestial Empire.
Varnaith is based on a change in the map.
So are the Solistarim.

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Edena_of_Neith said:
GnomeWorks, if you are claiming Irongate and the Iron Hills, I would also recommend you claim Idee and Onnwall, which are also a part of the Iron League and next door to Irongate.

Nobody has claimed any of those nations yet...

I wasn't sure about the name of the region, so I decided to just pick out the ones that sounded like it. However, yes - it was the Iron League I was looking for.

Thus, I also claim Idee and Onnwall, thus taking the entire Iron League.

...although the Dark Union has threatened anyone who would claim them.

The Domain of Greyhawk was claimed by the Shadow Empire.
It is now a Contested Claim.

I think that I can deal with the Dark Union.

Lord Melkor(Talos), perhaps we can work out a deal between our powers? Email me at korey@nandgate.com, and I hope that we can come to a mutually acceptable agreement over this.

Remove ads