(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

William Ronald

Explorer
Clarification

Uvenelei, you have Ishtarland. If you want a better name, contact me.

I can also do the same for other new territories. (I am an amateur historian and amateur linguist.)

Thanks for the research, guys. I am looking forward to checking out all the links.

Also, invite a friend here.

Zouron, it was good to hear from you. Will you please stay? Please. And contact some of the players from the other IR threads.

Edena: I still haven't heard from John Brown or Lynux. Expect an e-mail from me later.

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Edena, I claim;

Peoples of the Amedio Rainforest (Humans of unknown types, monsters of every type from the MMs, all alignments) PL 5

Having contact with Varnaith's ships and merchant fleet, the people of the Amedio Rainforest are more disposed to my people then anyone else's. This applies only to the good and nuetral humans and monsters of Amedio; if anyone wants to take the evil of that jungle, please do so; that way I can rid the jungles of them more quickly.

The people of Amedio are not yet part of my alliance of the Rising Sun. We shall see how they act during the coming troubles...

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Clarifications

Edena:

Tenser of the Circle of Eight is a human mage. At least in the GH canon. Maybe Creamsteak created a character based on his vision of the mage?

By the way, good idea about the NPCs. It will add a lot of flavor to the thread.

I don't think anyone but Uvenelei has claimed Lyrn.

Creamsteak: Welcome to the thread!!

Maudlin; Do you think there is a chance you can use the maps Edena gave out to create a larger scale map? One modified for what Edena changed? If not, no problem. You are doing a great job helping all of us.

William

Last edited:

zouron

First Post
wiliam:

nah no countries I really cared to run (would have a hard time figuring out what the heck was going on anyway).

and I would of course only have played my character from the last few threads.... and seriously who need another mad arch wizard/necromancer? especially one that developed the undead plague! (remember it would sorta be like me having equalent of nukes and cloning, and the will to use it heh, though conquring the city of the gods could be fun :p).

Alyx

First Post
The Peoples of the Amedio Rainforest begin to summon various nature elementals to their aid, Edena. That brings me up to my three sources of summoning.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I claim Iggwilv and Keraptis, I'm sure they could benefit from my arcane knowledge even if it insufficient for 10th level magics just yet and the resources of the drow,Ivid and the Yuan-Ti. Shouldn't Ivids power level be seperate from Rauxes since he's an NPC? If so whats his power level?

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
((Ok, to answer a number of posts at once:))

Williams wrote:

Clarification

Uvenelei, you have Ishtarland. If you want a better name, contact me.

((Done. I will change the lists.))

I can also do the same for other new territories. (I am an amateur historian and amateur linguist.)

((Just tell me any changes, if you see them, and I'll change the lists.))

Thanks for the research, guys. I am looking forward to checking out all the links.

Also, invite a friend here.

((We could use more people. We need John Brown, or someone, to play Iuz. Can't do this without Iuz, folks.))

Zouron, it was good to hear from you. Will you please stay? Please. And contact some of the players from the other IR threads.

((Zouron, my old friend, please come and stay. If you only watch even!))

Edena: I still haven't heard from John Brown or Lynux. Expect an e-mail from me later.

((Thanks for trying, Williams))

((William wrote))

Edena:

I tried to go to the following links:

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/lo-nakar.zip
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSqure/5878/
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/5878/gridgeo.gif

((I don't get it.
They worked for me earlier today, when I tried them - now they don't work for me!
Everyone, consider those links DEAD.

The large-scale map (of all of Oerik) link is here, and it is still working (for me at least):

http://members.aol.com/cathbhadhx/tsroerth.gif

Dagger wrote:

I here by give a single name to all my territories (make it easier on the scribes).

The Free Peoples of Ulek

((I will alter the lists accordingly.))

Whats with with Welk Wood, is that part of the Gnarly Forest?

((I am going to make a new Power. The Peoples of the Welkwood. Look for it on the lists.))

Alyx said:

Edena, I claim;

Peoples of the Amedio Rainforest (Humans of unknown types, monsters of every type from the MMs, all alignments) PL 5

((You know, aside from the Welkwood which I'm going to create, I think that is the very last power claimable. I think you'all have claimed every single last nation and people on the map!!
But I'm going to add the Welkwood.
I think I shall also add The Peoples of the Gnarley Forest.
I also think I shall add The Beings of the Burneal Forest.))

Williams wrote:

Clarifications

Edena:

Tenser of the Circle of Eight is a human mage. At least in the GH canon. Maybe Creamsteak created a character based on his vision of the mage?

((My mistake. I will list him as human.))

By the way, good idea about the NPCs. It will add a lot of flavor to the thread.

((Thanks.))

I don't think anyone but Uvenelei has claimed Lyrn.

((Now that I've seen the big map, I am increasing the PL of Lyrn, which is huge, and decreasing Ishtarland, which is large but much smaller than Lyrn. Don't worry, the total PL of the two will stay the same.))

Creamsteak: Welcome to the thread!!

((Yes indeed! Creamstreak, do you want Peoples of the Welkwood? They are right next to Peoples of the Gnarley Forest, and allied with them.))

Maudlin; Do you think there is a chance you can use the maps Edena gave out to create a larger scale map? One modified for what Edena changed? If not, no problem. You are doing a great job helping all of us.

((I think Maudlin is still trying to keep up with the changes on the main map.
It is up to Maudlin. I don't want him burned out before the IR!
Maudlin, don't feel pressured. Do it all at your leisure.))

Alyx wrote:

The Peoples of the Amedio Rainforest begin to summon various nature elementals to their aid, Edena. That brings me up to my three sources of summoning.

((Noted. I'll change the lists.))

Kalanyr wrote:

Kalanyr

I claim Iggwilv and Keraptis, I'm sure they could benefit from my arcane knowledge even if it insufficient for 10th level magics just yet and the resources of the drow, Ivid and the Yuan-Ti. Shouldn't Ivids power level be seperate from Rauxes since he's an NPC? If so whats his power level?

((For the sake of simplicity, I have kept Ivid as a part of Rauxes. Indeed, Rauxes is now filled with a giant undead army.
You know what a death knight is, right?
Well, knights serve barons, and higher lords.
Imagine a death baron. He'd be more powerful than a death knight.
Now, barons and other lords serve the king.
Imagine a death king.
Ivid is a death king.
Ivid failed in his duty to protect the Aerdi people. Ivid failed in his duty to protect the Aerdi Empire. Ivid failed in that he massacred his own people in Medegia.
This is his punishment.
Ivid has somehow tamed the tarrasque - don't ask how.
It is now his steed.
He has assembled a VAST army of powerful undead (I'm talking revenants, spectres, ghosts, liches, skeletal warriors, vampiric mists, and the like, not skeletons and zombies!)

During the Greyhawk Wars, Ivid decided to punish those within Aerdi that disobeyed him.
Now, Ivid - taking his madness to the ultimate - has decided that the entire world needs to be punished.
The entire world has disobeyed him, and disobeyed the dictates of the Fiend-Seeing Throne of Rauxes, and disobeyed the will of Aerdi.
They shall be punished for their disobedience.

Let us hope Ivid does not exact the punishment he has in mind.
Some of you might know what happened in Medegia.
Ivid thinks of his treatment of Medegia as a gentle rebuke compared to the punishment he believes the rest of the world deserves for their disloyalty and disobedience to him.))

Last edited:

Remove ads