(IR) Preparations for the IR - Thread 3

Sea of Dust

Maudlin, why u coloured it red? I wanted it so if no-one else wanted that piece of sand plz colour it violet like I am. TnXzzz

And the new map is great :)
Btw Edena your forgetting that I've got 55 PL in spelljammers so I know how to fly to along with alot of others with spelljammers. Does anything chance about them that's noticable with the 10th level magic spreading out like wildfire?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Yes.
As the secrets of 10th level magic spreads into Greyspace, the increased destructive capacity of spells against ships is the first thing to be felt.
Better defenses are the second thing.
Better ships are the third thing.
With 10th level magic, it is possible to build bigger ships and better ones. Faster and more maneuverable than their smaller predecessors.

Roger

Than so shall it be. They will be improved as far as my power allows. And the sea of dust thingy is ok with you edena? Since I do not expect the Forgotten city of the sea of dust to house anything special of have a mension worthy PL.

Maudlin

First Post
Re: Sea of Dust

The Forsaken One said:
Maudlin, why u coloured it red? I wanted it so if no-one else wanted that piece of sand plz colour it violet like I am. TnXzzz
Shhh! :) I don't know if it's a secret or no, but at least it's not in the lists yet; but yes, it is claimed and you probably DON'T want to contend it :D

&!@$)@($!$!#&!@#^## until I know more I'll just keep contesting my sandbag and I contest it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retract my claim over the hold of the sea princes. I'll just come for it when we start. Why contest it when you can just walk in and grab it abit later.

And I just made up a "little" PC. The Scion Queens Proxy, a demipower of GREAT Psionic power. (with PL6). Total immunity to magic and what's cast at it get's reflected to the caster. Area effects or time effects it ignores and moves along with the casters' new time frame if it desires to do so. It's only vulnorable for psionics attacks and thinks only the innate powers of the mind are a true gift and the only true power is psionic. It really detests Wizards but even with it's detest of magic it respects sorcerers for they to wield a inborn power which their heritage earned.
It's bound to the will of the scion mother like all formians but it is allowed to think for itself, defiance of the queen mothers will isn't possbible. her control is absolute.

Live for the Swarm!!!

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
A Turn 0

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

I would like us to have a brief Turn 0.
Only 50 to 100 posts, depending on how euthusiastically people post to it.

This is to give people a chance to read and respond to the Sending of the Wanderer.

The Turn is considered to last only a couple of hours In Character.
At the beginning of the brief Turn, Vecna and his Legions appear in the Present at Tovag Baragu, so he and they hear the Sending of the Wanderer.

I want this partial Turn 0 to be a Turn without combat, though.
No fighting. Not yet.
Anything else but fighting.

Use diplomacy, make threats, ask questions, make comments, make alliances, do deals, threaten Vecna, ally with Vecna, threaten the Torilians, go and engage in diplomacy with the Torilians, talk to the Lortmil Technomancy, threaten the Lortmil Technomancy, rail against the Wanderer, cheer on the Wanderer, anything but fighting.
No fighting on this partial turn, this turn 0.

This will give people who want to join in a last chance to do so before massive war starts.
This will give people who haven't read the Wanderer's post, a chance to do so before they must spend all their time defending their Power.

For a brief turn of 50 to 100 posts, I declare no fighting. That shall be our Turn 0.

To be fair to everyone, nobody gains any points on Turn 0. Only a few hours have passed In Character anyways.
But it is fine to share technological and magical secrets, if you wish to do that.

The Wanderer's Sending is long (8 pages), and it is extremely offensive and provocative In Character.
In no way, however, is it meant to be insulting Out Of Character, and has nothing to do with anything OOC.

The Wanderer's sending has an obvious intention in mind, and the Wanderer bluntly says it at the end himself - dis the Torilians, and do away with the Lortmil Technomancy, and shun the Industrial Revolution.
Ironic, I think.
This is an Industrial Revolution thread, but it begins with an ardent call to end the Industrial Revolution before it begins.

Will you all support me here?
I need a Turn 0, 50 to 100 posts long, in which there is to be no fighting, but all other things are fine.

This whole thing is an experiment.
This Turn 0 is also an experiment. Perhaps what is said in this Turn 0 will lead to things not occuring quite as they might have otherwise.

This Turn 0 I will begin on the 19th of this month.
I will post it as Turn 0.

The main IR will still begin on the 20th, with Turn 1, and then everyone can do as they intend (with all the messy results I know are coming!)

So, everyone, bear with me on this non-fighting Turn 0.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Sea of Dust has no Power Level.
It is, however, claimed by Vecna and his Legions.

Maudlin, since Vecna has the power to change it from a desert back into fertile green land, change it's name.

It is now The Suel Imperium. Unless Vecna's player specifies something different.

Forsaken One, are you sure you want to contest the Sea of Dust with Vecna?

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
The Turn 0 thing is a good idea for new players, but most diplomacy at the moment is/has occurred behind closed doors, via email. I'm not entirely sure of how we're going to fill up 50 to 100 posts.

Remove ads