(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
To Turrosh Mak: Huge legions, men and undead, they are. A terror from the past, it would seem.
They are tearing up the countryside...

Bonedagger

First Post
The robed figure stands on top of a rock. The rock have been split by nature long ago and now resembels a disfigured claw reaching out from the deeps of the earth. He seems to be glancing at the mountains in the distance.

Around him an creatures are assembling. They look as if they have been brought from a nightmare. They have been created to course pain and terror. The wind itself seems to be redrawing from them. As if reallity itself cannot comprehend the pressens this.... legion. Behind the figure the number of creatures now reaches as far as the eye can see.

"This place... This cannot be... Enough. I will NOT let anything interfere. I.. WILL.. HAVE... MY... WAY."

With a sudden movement he raises a hand. Magical energies starts flowing from it. Ghostlike images fly around and through him. Screaming. He reaches into the minds of this world.

A symbol, not seen before, appears in creatures minds all over Oerth. Followed by gentle words:

"People of Oerth. I know of the trouble you are facing. I may know more than you. I have come from the reaches of time to help us all."

"A madman, Kas, has used forbidden lore to travel to your time. He threaten us all. He wish to alter the timeline for personal gain and care not that it would drain us all and leave us at the mercy of other worlds that only seek our destuction. Yes even one as powerfull as I who could follow him here is threatened by this wicked being. I have come to prevent this. Do not aid this creature for the sake of us all. When my task is done I will leave back to my own time."

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, Turrosh Mak

Edena_of_Neith said:
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ
Entire regions of farmland now lie abandoned, all the population fled into nearby forests or hills.
Many hamlets and thorps have burned down.
Many towns have been pillaged and looted.

The peasants are whipped back to work if they fail to respond to the massive propaganda campaign that is started to reestablish order with peaceful means. We inform our people that they have nothing to fear, that the situation is under control and that the government and God-Emperor will protect them from all harm.

------
Turrosh Mak, the Dark Union and the great Empire of Aerdi stands by our allies in these trying times. The huge army in Keoland is the army of my ally Kas, he is no threat to the Pomarj only to our enemies.

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
The people of the Ulek will be given the truth with nothing held back, yet this means that they will know they are not alone in this struggle. They must come together and help each other survive.

The Free Council will institute martial law for the time being to help with settling things down though. Also this will help with the war preparations as well.

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
( I am asking William Ronald some help about naming actual game-actions, this is rpg-part)

Some more chaotic mood is loosed in northern lands, but it might take longer time to explain it all, so, shortly...

Elvor, Lord Baron of Ratik is very troubled. News have been unnerving. His people have asked many questions, he has no answer for.Lyda has sent their children to sleep and kept council with her huspand for few hours now. This must have something to do withancient prophecies of his people, Elvor ponders. He hadn't paid much attention to them before, but now...

He has sent messanger to contact his half-brother, King Algus Bearfist of Ice Barbarians already, and he worries his people might be doingsomething rash right now. He sends out other messangers. He doesn't believe sending to be true, or at least not done good intentions in mind. Such a brutal way. Meant to sawn destruction.

Elvor picks up magical mirror he received from messanger of Thayadon Fasfoni, king of the sky-sea league months ago. He sends message through it, wishing to speak with either king himself or whoever usually takes such 'magic calls'.

King Relff of Frost Barbarians is sleeping. He was very drunk at the time of message and it makes only mumbled sense to him.
Actually he doesn't care so much. 'That wasn't voice of Kord speaking, so damn it'. However his personal fortune teller mentioned, that this chaos and confusion might give good raiding opportunities to Aerdi-lands. 'King is sleeping'- Lord Elvor's messanger is told.

King Algus Bearfist of Ice Barbarians has had troublesome day. Everybody seems to be screaming, running around, cursing bad spirits, and other usual reactions one gets from people, when weird voice starts telling stories to them. Damn no-good city-ranger brother of his, Elvor was his usual 'bothered with everyone's else's business' wants personal audiance, again. 'When does the brat realize, alliance holds,
but he has no intrest personal visits in Ratik'.

King Morreg of the Snow Barbarians is enraged. Now the witch has gone too far. Telepathy and illusions, creating all this confusion for some unknown dark reason of hers. Suddenly he notices tall, middle-aged white-haired Suel-woman completely dressed in red standing by his side. Healthily wary of magic, Morreg is taken a bit back with sudden appearance of Katha the Witch. Regaining his composure

Morreg starts bellowing: "Why in Kord's name you...."
"Wasn't me". Red-clad woman says softly. "Though I am known as Wanderer, this Wanderer is some other one. And that damned
message waked me up after all these quiet, comfortable years. And it is not even time yet..."

"Almost everyone of my peoople thinks it was you, you have no idea of troubles these news have brought because of it. Are you hereto help me to sort this situation out?" Morreg asks, with somewhat sly tone.

Katha gives Morreg a bit disapproving look. "This time..I will. But I know what lies in your heart Morreg, even if you do not yet see it." "And I will find out who is this Wonderer, this imposter who dares to use my name, and dares to wake me up".

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Kalden, the Prince of Swords begins moving a large number of troops to the northern border of the Sea Hold and the Hool Swamp.
"to defend against aggression from the Army of Kas"

In Pomarj, Turrosh Mak releases a stement saying for everyone to remain calm and that the empire is safe. We have many stong allies and our legions are the feircest the world has ever Known.

Slaves who refuse to work will be Killed and reanimated as Undead. The same holds for looters and arsonists...

Creamsteak

Explorer
A letter reaches Sanctus telepathically informing him of news...

These forces have alligned themselves with Sanctus Punitor... If you remember accurately these are people whom you saved from the Demi-Lich Asveratu Nectoru when you were an independant adventurer.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE NORTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS THE THILLONRIAN PENINSULA)

Grannmont (storm giants of the Rakers, good) PL 6
Heimmont (cloud giants of the Rakers, good) PL 5

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE EASTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS OLD AERDI EAST)

People of the Loftwood (High elves, gray elves, wood elves, humans of every type, gnomes, treants, good forest spirits, good) PL 2

"Good, I need all the help I can get... tell my commanders to get in touch with their new units!"

Servants in Unison: "Yes Sir!"

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
We will calm the peasants with religion, increased city guard forces (which are a part of strengthening our defenses anyway) and judicious use of magic (e.g., conjuring food and water for those who need it, healing the wounded, erecting walls around important buildings so that mobs can't storm them, etc.).

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Heh. :D

Turrosh Mak, your ambassador to the Alliance of the Crescent wasn't even allowed in their lands.
He was forced to make his speech at the border, then summarily dismissed.

Turrosh, you regain control, and civil order is regained in the Pomarj.
At great cost ... a lot of humanoids die in the process of regaining order.
A lot of treasure that was in the treasure vaults and plundered, is regained. A lot, however, is now strewn all over the Drachengrab Hills, and will take years to find and reclaim.

- - -

Well folks, the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj is demanding answers - from you. (See their posts above.)

What have you to say? The ambassadors of the Pomarj want answers!

Serpenteye

First Post
Orders go out to the buro of Espionage to covertly send spies, infiltrators, assassins, enchanters and agitators into the Eastern Alliance to further destabilize the area. Orders also go out to counter any such attempts from foreign powers. The armies are moved towards the borders of EA and the Grandwood to prepare for a crossing. The evil elves of the Adri are reorgainzed and put into highest readiness. Powerful forces from the Isles of Woe sneak across, and below, the Nyr Dyv under cover of invisibility and non-detection. They sneak towards the Duchy of Urnst, avoiding or (if forced to) destroying all ships in their path.
Meanwhile, efforts are continued to reestablish order at home.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads