(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 0 - The Sending of the Wanderer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaboom

First Post
Elvor picks up magical mirror he received from messanger of Thayadon Fasfoni, king of the sky-sea league months ago. He sends message through it, wishing to speak with either king himself or whoever usually takes such 'magic calls'.

The mirror shimmers and in it a face appears. Behind the face you can see a large ship being built. The face speaks "I am Thayadon Fasfoni. What do you want Lord Baron?"

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Edena, Simialr Measures are used in the Hold of the sea princes
(for all intents and purposes part of the empire)

To the lords of the Underdark: "The Time is near, are you ready?"

Valkys

First Post
Valkys of Faerie is leading his own segment of the Wild Hunt through old forests on Oerth, when the Sending of the Wanderer appears. He raises his fist, stopping the party. He watches intensely, his red eyes glowing maliciously as he hears and sees all that the Wanderer has to convey.

When the message is over, Valkys calls his troops together, ordering them to stand guard, while he considers his own role in the chaos that will inevitably come of this. The Sending of the Shadowlady hardly surprises him. He expects some sort of response to the Wanderer, even if the Shade Empire seems an unlikely source.

He mounts his steed, a Nightmare, and orders the hunting party back to his own demiplane, an off shoot of the Plane of Faerie. This plane is a twilight version of Faerie, rife with shadows and darkness, starlight providing the only natural illumination. It is a beautiful, if sinister, realm.

Once upon his throne, he summons his allies, Unseelie, Dragon, and Shade alike. A telepathic communion with Oberon gets him the Overlord's blessing to continue, though not his direct aid.

Valkys drafts proposals, sending them to powers known to him on Oerth.

Then, he sits and waits, while his armies arrive. Oerth could be more interesting than he had anticipated.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The News

A third Sending hits the Flanaess, from someone unknown - but VERY powerful, is urging everyone to stand against Kas, denouncing him as an evil being, altogether repugnant.
In the Dark Union, order has been reestablished in the cities and some of the country. Large areas remain in anarchy, however.
War Fever is gripping the Dark Union, with large numbers of peasants coming forward and volunteering to join the army, so they can attack and destroy the hated Nyrondians and Iron League.

Apparently, the Dark Union considers Kas an ally, and the Orcish Empire of the Pomarj as well. This news gets out quickly enough.

In the Kingdom of Ulek, the anarchy subsides, and order is restored. A very large number of men and women put down everything else and flock to the standards of their local leaders.
These are people long accustomed to danger and war, and very loyal to their native lands.

To the Sky-Sea League: You are receiving a magical communication attempt from Ratik.

The panic subsides quickly in the lands of the Frost, Snow, and Ice Barbarians, who are long accustomed to danger, and where the entire population - men and women - know how to fight.

In the west, in the Spirit Empire of Garnak, the forest spirits are awake, and in council with the people of that land.
The forest spirits know war is coming, and proffer aid, both in military support, and in giving shelter to the people of Garnak.

Slowly, the panic dies down in the Baklunish Lands.
In Esmerin, they are sending messages via magic to Zeif, asking if Zeif knows what the heck is going on??

The Lost Elves of the Adri are awake, and they are not happy. They are so not happy that they have decided that everything in the Adri not loyal to them must be killed.
(They are, in effect, de facto allies of the Dark Union.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Wait up on battle posts, Serpenteye.
That starts on Turn 1 ... :)

To Valkys:

The Planar Unseelie and other Planars start arriving in a real hurry.
Soon, thousands of them are present.

Across the Flanaess, mages and clerics who are powerful and sensitive realize that large numbers of Outsiders are arriving on the planet.

To Zelda: Kaboom has answered (see his post above)
IC, the Sky-Sea League has received the magical sending of Ratik, and they are asking what Ratik wants?

To Turrosh Mak:

The Underdark Races state they are ready.
They state that they ESPECIALLY wish to destroy these so-called Torilians.
But they will content themselves with destroying the Flanaess first.

To Alyx:

All your peoples are arming and preparing for war, now that the chaos has died down.
Long range scrying shows massive military build-up in the Flanaess and elsewhere.
All your fleets are ready to put out to sea.
All your mages and clerics are ready to throw spells.
The people of Varnaith, content with the Caste System, flock by the tens of thousands to their regiments, and there is no chance of revolt while the army is gone.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Wait up on battle posts, Serpenteye.
That starts on Turn 1 ... :)

Yeah, I know. I guess i got a bit carried away. The orders stand, though, but they will not be executed untill turn 1.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sanctus Punitor states that Kas will die at MY BLADE! I will not allow anyone esle to face him in single combat. There is nothing I can do about it now.

(OOC= Edena did you read my first post so that I can confirm that you know I am riding right?)

THE NATIONS OF THE CENTRAL-EASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS OLD AERDI WEST) PL 31 (Tenser)

Tenser draws the attention of the Capitol to himself with a flash of powerful light... Then Tenser begins to tell a story, a long and drawn out story about good and evil. Tenser knows that this has nothing to do with what is going on outside, but as the children and elders first gather, so follow the people. The story is about an elven king who came to the rescue of Aeden Dosiere when a vengeful king without child went to war with a creature called the Gorgon. This prevents many normally good citizens from acting rebellious, but many criminals must be incarcerated by the police.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE EASTERN AND SOUTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS OLD AERDI EAST) PL 8(Regina Canities)

Regina is a powerful leader in her land. She hits the trouble at its resources by having general stores closed and guarded and having supplies cut off. She has the rest of the guards form fire brigades. Lastly, to draw attention to her words she comes out in her most expensive and regal dress. The forests concern her, she tries to prevent forest fires by summoning plant elementals to move the trees away from any fires safely.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE CENTRAL-WESTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS THE WESTERN NYR DYV AREA) PL 4 (Illborg Bellringer)

Bellringer rings bells... all of them throughout his counties. This signals the start of a town meeting. Bellringer continues to ring the bells to the point where they are actually scaring the wild beasts out of the forests... Bounty is placed on all arson and theft commiters, a rather liberal bounty that actually outweights much of the damage being done.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE NORTHERN FLANAESS PL 4 (Gorgosh Ubeno)

Ubeno begins his orders of Martial Law. He also orders that citizens not acting ruly, even when they are not acting chaotically, should be dunked in the water till they are exausted... repeatedly. These harsh actions show Ubeno is not all that experienced with ruling and is used to Sanctus commands alone.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES OF THE NORTHEASTERN FLANAESS (KNOWN AS THE THILLONRIAN PENINSULA) PL 14 (Shortwind Ballsmasher)

Ballsmasher does a horrible job... he actually joins in the assaults and drunkenly beats one of his servants... Some of his guards take initiative and begin martial law in the elven provinces.

THE NATIONS AND PEOPLES WHO ARE SOUTH OF THE FLANAESS, BUT WHO ARE SHOWN ON THE MAP (THE AZURE SEA / AERDI SEA / DENZAC GULF / HEMPMONALAND AREAS) PL 3 (Pogo The-Monkey)

Pogo begins swinging through the forests rounding up his people promising fun... The people are eager to see just what kind of entertainment Pogo wants to provide his people. Pogo is an infamous jester in many areas, despite the fact he is not a bard.

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
BTW, the people from the Spirit Empire of Garnak fled, did I recall that right? If so, we take the utmost care of the refugee and have clerics counsel those who have problems with coming to terms what they have seen. Also, we gently question them in order to learn as much about what transpired - and what they faced - as possible.

JohnBrown

First Post
Iuz repsonse

Out of Character: I will be offline until 9:30 Central Standard Time

The smell of brimstone fills the air of the small, dark room. There, within the room's skull covered walls, a decrepit, wretched old man, sits upon a large throne-like chair made from the skulls of a myriad of races - human, dwarven, elven, orc, and many others. Standing beside the throne is a woman clad in full plate. She has straw-blonde hair and gray eyes. In front of both of them, hovering in mid-air, is the broken and beaten body of a human male. He wears the vestments of priest of St. Cuthbert. A halo of red surrounds the nearly unconscious man. The light of halo is the only illumination in the room. A scream comes from the priest with each sudden and short-lived increase in the halo's brightness.

"It doesn't have to be like this," cackles the old man. While his voice is course and harsh, there is an unsettling soothing quality to it. "I can make the pain stop, if you let me. It is all up to you, really. Simply renounce your faith and take up my cause, and all of this unpleasantness can end."

The red halo dims. The priest of St. Cuthbert, mustering what little strength he has left, raises his head to look at the old man.

"Never," he wheezes.

A grin creeps across the old man's face. "I was so hoping you would say that, " he says with a slight giggle. The halo's brightness intensifies and the cleric screams echo off the walls. So loud are his cries, that the sound of knocking at the door to the room is barely heard. "Answer that my dear," says the old man to the woman standing at his side, "I am a little occupied at the moment."

The woman, who's eyes, are lust-filled at the sight of the pain being inflicted, walks past the tortured man - momentarily pausing to bask in the sound of the man's screams.

She quickly returns, accompanied by a Paynim female - wearing the flowing robes of a desert dweller.

"Ah, Elav, " says the old man not taking his attention off of the pain that he is inflicting, "for what do we owe the honor of the presence of the Voice of the Bright Lands in my private throne room. A place where no one is allowed with my expressed permission, " he finishes with a slight snarl.

"Mighty Iuz," says Elav formally and calmly. She has done this dance before with the Old One. While they did not like each other, Iuz’s “arrangement with her master Rary afforded her some leeway in her dealings with the cambion turned demigod - as long as she remained polite. "I am sure you witnessed the Sending?"

"Yes, Elav, I witnessed it."

" And I am also sure that you are aware of Vecna's and Kas's return to Oerth.

"Yes, Voice of Rary, I am aware of that as well. That is why I am engaging in a 'conversation' with Stev'endor here. I find that a little torture always helps me think, and Stev'endor is one of my favorite victims. Aren't you Stev'endor?"

Stev'endor's screams are his only response.

"While I would not normally seek to intrude on your private distractions, mighty Iuz, I have been instructed by Rary to ask if your preparations are ready "

With a small wave of Iuz's hand, the body of Stev'endor is flung across the room. It crashes into the wall and then falls crumpled to the floor. Iuz then turns his attention toward the Voice of the Bright Lands.

"Our preparations are as ready as they will be, I would have preferred this to happen latter, but it can’t be helped. Already, I have sent messengers to the hated Kevolland Alliance and the Baklunish West… we shall see what transpires, Remember, Vecna is the real threat. We shall be contacting Kas soon enough…."

"I will convey your words, mighty Iuz." Elav then bowed formally and then left the room.

Iuz then turned toward the woman at his side, "It appears that The Time is growing closer. What is the state of my plans, Halga (That would be the email that I sent to you Edena)?"

Halga looks back at her master sheepishly, "I'm...um...not sure, my Master."

Iuz grows enraged, his decrepit, old body transforms. It takes the form a large-red and black skinned demon, "WHAT!" he bellows as his large hand slaps Halga across the face, sending her sprawling to the floor.

"I...I...I am sorry my Master, I didn't think we would need to be prepared for a couple of weeks yet."

"WELL, GET ON IT! I NEED TO KNOW THE STATUS OF MY PLANS!"

"Yes, yes my Master," said Halga timidly as she scurries out of the room.

After Halga leaves, Iuz starts to calm down - his body slowly reverting to that of a small old man. He mutters to himself about the incompetence of those around him. Then out of the corner of his eye, he spies Stev'endor trying pathetically to crawl away.

An evil grin creeps across Iuz's face. "Ah, yes Stev'endor, where were we...?"

Turrosh Mak

First Post
in the sea holds, Kaiden begins conjuring the Dao and earth elementals to strengthen his defensive Line.

The Gith call upon their brothers, the Githzerai to aid them.

My agents in the Griff and Raker mountains begin organizing the various monsters there into functional (and semi-disiplined) armies. In droves they begin to Migrate towards the Dark Swamp...

The Imperial Security force, Cinsisting manly of highly trained Goblin Blue Psions, are mobilized to keep an eye on potential enemies (ie everybody) via remote veiwing. They also try to learn who the mysterious being on the rock pillar was...

(ooc: do the Githzearai and my psions "sence the presence of any powerfull psychic entities?)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads