(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 1 - WAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Go ahead and kill yourselves

We (The Solistarim) are working on forming a personal propaganda campaign based on one thing, and one thing only - Getting all of you non-Flannae the hell out of dodge. Our best, faster mages travel around major populations centers and describe EXACTLY what we will do with all of you Oerdians if you don't get the hell on to the Angel Express and get off of our continent, and it ain't pretty! They've all got Blur and Mirror Image up so they'll be protected from Dimensional Anchors when they teleport out.

Basically, the more civilians take the Angel's way out, the better - Less people to execute later.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Unfortunately, the fleet got to Nyrond with the Legions of Kas before it could be attacked, although the Nyrondese Navy sunk many ships.
Now, the fleet is under attack by the People of the Shining Grottos, by the remnant of the Nyrondese Navy, and by the great Navy of Varnaith (Celene adds a few ships ...)

They start sinking ships, real fast. The poorly armed transport ships are no match for them.

The obliteration of the Navy of the Dark Union begins.

Last edited:

Turrosh Mak

First Post
GnomeWorks said:
"Well, now." Kessel says, looking up from his contemplation. "I guess you leave me no choice, ace. You are right - my military defenses are nothing before your military might."

[occ: Hoping for rescue from ronald or the others, I presume. Don't count on it They will be quite busy with their own concerns soon enough]

The Pomarj forces lock the lortmills down tight. Noone comes in and noone comes out. The legions begin consructing basic fortificaions around the region. The Gith continue to recon the area. Heavy weapions are moved into position. A contingant of the Imperial Security force is dispatched into the Lortmills as well

No one is rescuing the gnomes without one heck of a fight.

kaboom

First Post

Alyx: We will help you distroy the Dark Union's navy, if we can.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
To Turrosh Mak: What are your intentions in the Lortmils? Are you planning to use that outworlds technology that they reputedly have for your own purposes or are you going to destroy it?

Turrosh Mak

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
Unfortunately, the fleet got to Nyrond with the Legions of Kas before it could be attacked, although the Nyrondese Navy sunk many ships.
Now, the fleet is under attack by the People of the Shining Grottos, by the remnant of the Nyrondese Navy, and by the great Navy of Varnaith (Celene adds a few ships ...)

They start sinking ships, real fast. The poorly armed transport ships are no match for them.

The obliteration of the Navy of the Dark Union begins.

They are attacking Unarmed Transports!
What kind of savages are these. At least I gave my enemy a fair warning and a chance to surrender.

Edena, How much of my fleet was sunk? How much of serpenteyes fleet was sunk?

Alyx

First Post
My other Moves (Or some of them)

Varnaith sends 3 PL of forces to the Amedio rainforest, to drive off the evil beseiging that country. No force of good will go unaided!

The Nippon Dominion sends its first of many armies on the offensive! 5 of its PLs are sent to begin an attack on Zingia, although they will not begin until they are given the message that our allies have joined that battle.

Turrosh Mak

First Post
to Darkness: The Lortmills are now a protectorate of the Empire of the Pomarj. The Technology of the Gnomes will be used to further our ends and the ends of our allies.

Alyx

First Post
Anarfen replies to Turosh;

Unarmed transports? Unarmed transports???

"What, pray tell, did the troops inside these wallowing cans itend to do when they reached shore? Would they give mercy to MY ships in the same circumstances? Pray, hold your toungue. As a wit I once knew used to say "When you know not what to say, your mouth is best used for eating."

Besides, I have yet to attack YOUR pitiful transport ships yet. Although you can be sure I will do so soon!"

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
WAR UPDATE

The Amedio Rainforest is overrun by the forces of the Hive.

The giants and drow of Geoff give almost no resistance to the attack; indeed, only a token force was there to protect those holdings.
Geoff falls to the assault of the Kevellond League.
In the three forests of that area, humanoids fight a losing battle against a sea of invaders.

Rel Mord, capital of Nyrond, is now encircled by the Legions of Kas, who have whelmed all of coastal Nyrond and who have marched northward to the city.
Almor is thus cut off from help, and is facing - as it did during the Greyhawk Wars - the might of the Dark Union alone.

The Lost Elves are easily winning in Adri Forest.
The battle in Adri Forest is epic, with animated trees on both sides beating at each other, slashing and tearing, branches and leaves raining down all through the woodlands.
The better armed and more magically powerful elves from the Arcane Age are easily killing their brethren from the Present, and sweeping aside the defenses of the rangers and swanmay, and the determined gnomes and dwarves.
The Flinty Hills throw back the assault of the Dark Union - these people know how to fight, and they have long prepared for this.
Both sides settle down for a brutal war.
Garrel Enkdal repulses the forces of the Dark Union, but they attack again, and battle rages all throughout the southern Rakers.

In the west, the forces of the Kevellond League are NOT finding the drow - the drow have simply left the surface and gone underground.
Their fortresses and holdings all lie abandoned.
A token force of humanoids and giants hold these fortresses, which are taken easily.
As the forces of the Kevellond League advance deeper and deeper into the mountains, they hear the news from the east, from Dyvvers and the Wild Coast.

War breaks out anew in the Amedio Rainforest as Varnaith enters the conflict, elf against hive dweller.
Zindia is now under attack (it IS under attack this time) from Nippon.
Zindia proves a tough nut to crack, because it's lizardmen mounted on raptors, with their poisoned weapons, and backed by the magic of the star dwarves, are a force to be reckoned with.
The forces of Nippon are beaten back to the coastline, after their initial thrusts into Zindia.

Things are going badly indeed for the fleet that transported the Legions of Kas, although the Legions of Kas are running amok in Nyrond.
A great part of the fleet is now sunk, and the rest is under all out attack from the Fleet of Varnaith, the Fleet of the Eastern League, and the People of the Shining Grottos.
It's a massacre.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads