(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 2 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena

The armes of the Isles of Woe cross over the river into the Duchy of Urnst, leaving a small defensive force entrenced in the County. First the most powerful mages and monsters of the isles teleport and dimension door across the river to overwhelm the spread out defences with concentrated force. Then the main body of the armies cross over to the other side. The armies are ordered to be ruthless to the opposing armies, to strike and kill or enslave their opponents but they are also ordered to use no more force than strictly neccesary against the civilian population. A massive assassination (against people of authority in the Duchy and their armies) and propaganda campain is started in the Duchy.

The legions of Kas split into two forces. One force goes east to aid the armies of the God Emperor, attemting to strike the enemy armies in the rear to encircle and crush them to the last man , the other stays in Nyrond and attempts to conquer the remainders of the nation. The border guard against the Delrune is sent a few reinforcements.

Meanwhile the armies of the God Emperor fight on inthe Flinty Hills. raids and battles rages night and day as the Union armies attempt to annihilate the opposing force. Mages and elite strike teams teleport into enemy spelljammers and flying citadels to hijack or destroy them (if they are still at the battle, quite a few enemies retreated at the end of the first turn). Assassins of various kind attempt to murder enemy commanders and high mages. Enchanters throw spells of chaos and confusion into the enemy hordes of giants as other mages cast stinking clouds on a massive scale and send the undead in to deal with the incapacitated enemy soldiers. Tenser and Philidor turn their powers on their former allies and Xaene and Drax fight side by side. the God Emperor himself spread death in the enemy ranks wherever he goes and the enemy soldiers cower and sometimes even flee at the sight of Him.

The borders and cities of the Dark Union are far from unprotected, even with the main force in the north and a perimeter is finally established around the Grandwood. The only forces marching into the forest are Ghosts, spectres, shadows and wraiths raiding ruthlessly against the enemy, striking from the shadows and the ethereal to overwhelm selected enemy positions and infect the corpses of the slain with undeath who are then recruited into the force.

The forces of the Sahaguin knows they are outnumbered by their enemies. They establish strong defences around their territories and wait.
-
The Dark Union trades technology with all our allies. Maudlin, Lord Melkor, Kalanyr, Festy Dog, Forsaken One, Sollir Furfoot and Iuz.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
More information from e-mails to me that would be publicly known

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY DAGGER

The Dwarven Spelljamming mountains are being used to transport troops. (And, I do believe a number of people wish their troops transported in this way.)

This means that all the troops Uvenelei wishes to transport, will be transported to wherever he wishes.
It would appear that some of the spelljamming forces are being held in reserve ... nobody knows for what except Dagger and his allies.

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY FORRESTER

A massive force of Torilians has just arrived on Oerth.
It is estimated that this force is 230 PL strong (and that's after being halved for the transfer from Realmspace.)
Mages and clerics worldwide detect this force almost immediately.

This force is not on the map, but has chosen a remote place in the mountains near the Flanaess.
They are digging in, preparing to defend themselves if attacked ... and those preparations are being done in a great hurry.

- - -

Excuse me, there has been a new update on Forrester:

The United Commonwealth of Toril is sending a fully prepared force, 200 PL strong (after halving), to Oerth.
This adds to the previously secret force they had in the remote mountains, for a total of 230 PL strong.

These forces are ready for anything, having been well briefed before they were sent.
They have Greater Dispels, Dimensional Anchors, and other powerful spells protecting them against a sudden strike from enemy mages or clerics.

- - -

My pardons, but I have a further update from Forrester:

The force of Torilians landing on Oerth is 225 PL strong (after halving) and Uvenelei is being given command of this force.
The forces of Toril that were in the mountains doing magical research are pulling out of those mountains and going home - if possible, for it will take til the end of Turn 2 for them to do that.

There are millions of Torillians arriving, folks.

- - -

Reports confirm it.

Forrester himself is leading his Torillian troops.
The Humanoid Lord himself, has come to Oerth.

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY TURROSH MAK

Turrosh Mak is entering the Undead Arms Race.
Planars continue to pour into the Lortmil Technomancy and also into the Duchy of Urnst, Flinty Hills, Garrel Enkdal, and the Iron League.
Turrosh Mak's psions are attempting to jam all telepathic communications continent wide using their power ... this is causing serious trouble indeed.
You will have to post you counter this somehow.

It is known that the Lortmil Technomancy, already heavily fortified, is being further fortified, and earth elementals are helping in this.
The Lortmil Technomancy is now probably the most heavily fortified place on Oerth.

The Pomarj has set up a line of defensive fortresses along it's northwestern border.
These are being supplemented by new fortresses going up along the northern border, facing off against the Shades.
Trench lines are being dug, and the Pomarj is readying a massive defense should the Shades attack.
They are even borrowing Gatling Guns from the Lortmil Technomancy to help in the trench battles, should they occur.
Kalden, Prince of Swords, demipower, is leading the defenses against the Shade on the front lines of the Wild Coast.
The Hold of the Sea Princes is mobilizing, which is well since it is under heavy attack from the Hive Cluster and Festy Dog's Underdark forces.
A request has been sent to the Kevellond League and to Ulek to send up to the Hold of the Sea Princes.
The Dark Swamp is getting massive Giant reinforcements from Esserbaudos, Usurbaudos, and Crystalmont.

In Delrune, the giants are offering their aid to the forces of Creamsteak in his war against the Warlords.

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY JOHN BROWN

Iuz has heavily fortified all his borders ... he did so on Turn 1, and continues to do so now.
The forces of Iuz in the Cairn Hills are being strengthened massively by forces sent across the Nyr Dyv and this force is marching up to the eastern line controlled by the Shadow Empire.
They may attack ... it is not known yet. They certainly look hostile.

Furthermore, large forces of Iuz are marching - THROUGH FURYONDY AND THE KEVELLOND LEAGUE territory - and, upon reaching the front lines, and being blocked from advancing any further east towards the Cairn Hills, are stopping right where they are.
Right by the forces of the Kevellond League.

KNOWN MOVEMENTS BY WILLIAMS

Williams, based on preliminary posts, is throwing most of his strength (of the Kevellond League) against the Shade Army threatening him from the east.
He is leaving only a 10 PL force in the west.

However, remember that Williams is now in command of the forces of Darkness (the Baklunish League, Esmerin, Orcreich), so these forces are probably going to be in action soon.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: Serpenteye

Turrosh Mak said:

Yes, I have seen what they have done to the world of Toril. The wars fought there were terrible indeed. And from those wars, they became strong. The Humaniods of Toril have risen to a possition of respect among the lesser races. would they keep their brothers here on Oreth in chains. The Shade would. They hate us, for we a constant reminder of those who repeatedly crushed them on Toril.

War is War. The people of Oreth would have done no different had the machines been discovered here first, rather than toril. I expect that the war which has begun will be much bloodier than any imagined on toril, in fact.

Expect no mercy from us, Grummish's code forbids mercy on those who would resist us.

I'm not talking about the war. What I'm talking about is the transformation of the Orchs and Humanoids of Toril from fearless proud warriors who knew their true nature. They knew that they were evil, that only the strong deserved to live and to rule.
Look at them now. Spoiled decadent weaklings, relying on technology and magic to defend them instead of the power of their own bodies. Concubines of Kender, elflovers, perverted beyond redemption. Is that the fate you aspire to for Oerth, for yourself?

Edena, Shade are going to invade Duchy of Urnst, cooperating with Dark Union`s forces in County of Urnst. Then we and Serpenteye will crush Nyrond from two sides! This force will have a power level of 25 and will be led by Shadowlords Baelros, Demon Lord of Shadow and Azargax, King of Shadow Dragons. They will have few epic level liches/princes of Netherese with them

Edena have you read my post about adding Shadowlords as NPC`s, and adding their power level to our base strenght? I think that our power level contradicts with the way you discribe as a an extremally powerful force, power level of each Shadowlord is between 1-2, by the way why don`t you use fractions for characters pl. if there are so low?

Serpenteye

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Edena, Shade are going to invade Duchy of Urnst, cooperating with Dark Union`s forces in County of Urnst. Then we and Serpenteye will crush Nyrond from two sides! This force will have a power level of 25 and will be led by Shadowlords Baelros, Demon Lord of Shadow and Azargax, King of Shadow Dragons. They will have few epic level liches/princes of Netherese with them

Edena have you read my post about adding Shadowlords as NPC`s, and adding their power level to our base strenght? I think that our power level contradicts with the way you discribe as a an extremally powerful force, power level of each Shadowlord is between 1-2, by the way why don`t you use fractions for characters pl. if there are so low?

I thank you for your offer but are you sure it is wise? If you divert too much power from the western front it might collapse under the pressure from your enemies.

Okay, Edena, few days after Army started to march, Shade received message from God-Emperor that he is doing fine and withdrew their forces.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
---Edena wrote:
CONCERNING KAS

This is an e-mail I received:

Then so it will be. The forces of Kas will remain idle, but extremely ready to defend against attack during the second turn.

So, there it is. The Legions of Kas are sitting idle in Nyrond, which they hold.
But they are doing something, alright. They are feverishly resurrecting lost people, creating new undead, and bringing back powerful undead lost in the battle on Turn 1.
----

Very well then. If this is Mr Draco's orders then they have precedence over mine. :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads