(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 1)

Serpenteye

First Post
How convenient. A wave of chaos breaks over the world and, coincidentally, an order of infiltrators and assassins makes itself known at the same time. Have we perhaps found the source of the madness, or is it just a screen for a greater power?

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Serpenteye said:
How convenient. A wave of chaos breaks over the world and, coincidentally, an order of infiltrators and assassins makes itself known at the same time. Have we perhaps found the source of the madness, or is it just a screen for a greater power?

Stunningly, we are in agreement, Serpenteye.

Maudlin

First Post
The letter left for the Obsidian Order has a single word on the back -- 'Hope.'

Meanwhile the Sages of the Scarlet Brotherhood and Black Academy busy themselves with making sense of the turmoil in the world. There is too much going on at once to be a coincidence or unguided event. Somewhere, someone was scheming, and it was affecting even us.

All reports coming in are verified on location, all intelligence gathered checked and crosschecked by three independent sources. If individuals are found to act a-typically, they are wrestled to the floor and get Dispel Magics, Mind Blanks and Break Enchantments cast on them until their hair falls out from the background radiation.

Meanwhile, Mistress Ferranifer stands on the balcony of her room at the peace conference complex, inhaling deeply of the fresh smell of sulphur and destruction, taking in the chaos happily as she looks out over the city. She is confident the talks will resume, the insults settled.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Archcleric Hazen mutters, "I see someone is deliberately provoking Chaos"

The attacks against Keoland are investigated and they are urged to stay in the League. Furyondy is asked to stay in the league.
Murlynd appears in Gradsul to defend the city. An ambassador is sent to Turrosh Mak.

Security officials try to capture the members of the Obsidian Order. The individual is MIND PROBED by Heward, a demigod. (Long before this I had proved the existence of the Black Brotherhood.)

Ambassadors are sent to Celene.

A message is sent to the leaders of the different nations and factions.

"We urge you and your forces to remain at peace. Someone seems to be trying to provoke as much chaos as possible. Until we know who is doing this, the Kevellond League urges caution."

"Someone is attempting to provoke fighting. While we have our suspicions, we are seeking the truth."

"We had planned on sending someone to the peace conference in Jalpa. Perhaps it is best that we did not."

"As for the robots, we have had proof of their existence for 65 years. We commend the forces lead by Lord Kalanyr of the Underdark Alliance in trying to stop the rebellious robots."

"The Church of Shade is lying about the robots. I have no plans to attack Kalanyr, with whom I have made peace with as well as his allies, or Anabstercorian. The inaccuracy of Lord Rhaumgaum's statements makes me wonder about his role in these strange events."

Edena:

Alyx left me in charge of his forces. His Queen Yolande is the real one, and efforts are made to take down this imposter. It looks like Celene will be dealing with its own affairs. I presume that the real Queen of Celene is the one Alyx has been running.

I also have to leave for a few hours.

Also, a lot of the players controlling the powers you mentioned are away.

I cannot speak for Turrosh Mak, Darkness, Gnomeworks or anyone else.

Last edited:

Edena, Shade agents continue to spread anti-Torillian propaganda, they support all separatists movements, but NOT in the realms of our allies.

On the conference Shadow ambassador speaks again:

-I am curious, if United Commonwealth of Toril doesn`t have hostile intentions, why are they bringing more and more armies from Toril?

Serpenteye

First Post
Edena, Maudlin

The powerslist and the map need to be updated. The Grandwood, The Celadon and the County of Urnst are now parts of the Dark Union.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Dark Union is able to regain control of Rel Astra, Medegia, the Sea Barons, and the coastal areas, although the fight is costly.
The direct aid of Acererak makes a huge difference, as Drax is unable to stand against him, and the undead army of Drax goes over to Acererak.

The absense of Acererak from Irongate gives the defenders the chance to slaughter Acererak's minions, driving them back past the broken defenses, putting the barricades back in place.

In the west, the Wind Dukes are pacified by the statements from Lyrn, and stay in the Alliance of the Crescent.

However, Zeif remains independent, and still threatens to take Tusmit, Ekbir, and Yecha with it.
Furyondy remains defiant, threatening to break up the Kevellond League.

Anabstercorian confronts the Solistarim leading the robots.
Only they are not Solistarim, nor are they leading the robots.
They are pretending to be Solistarim, and they are pretending to be leading the robots, and doing a very good job of both.
Whatever they are, Anabstercorian catches little of, for the moment he probes past their defenses, they fall down dead.
Efforts to speak with their souls fail, for their souls died also.
However, Anabstercorian did catch two words:

Scarlet Brotherhood

In Celene, the execution date for the false Queen Yolande grows closer.
However, one faction of the elves contends that the Queen, is a fake, and that the fake, is the real Queen.
The other faction, contends that the current Queen is the real Queen, and the fake queen, is the fake Queen, and they hold power now, having thrown the orcs of the Pomarj out of Celene.
The threat of civil war in Celene becomes very real, as the group of elves who contend the fake Queen is the real one move to rescue her.

Gradsul drives off the angry monsters, and peace is restored in Keoland.
Keoland decides to remain in the Kevellond League.
Furyondy remains in revolt, stating that Veluna is telling it what to do and that it doesn't care for that.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
The bulk of the Dark Union armies then go into the Grandwood with every single planar under our control.

Meanwhile in Rel Astra the God Emperor feasts on Drax's soul and reanimates his body as a common zombie who is put to work cleaning the sewers of the city. But first Drax's corpse is paraded trough the cities of the Dark Union as a warning to those who would rise above their rightful station and against their rightful ruler.

Needless to say, the new governors of Rel Astra and the Sea Barons are utterly loyal to the God Emperor.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
The Kevellond League begins an investigation of the truth of what is going on. (I have family matters to deal with for the next few hours.)

Communes and divinations are performed. An attempt to determine if any 10th level magic spells have been cast in the last week is part of the commune and divination questions. Attempts are made to determine what role Vecna, the Church of Shade, and the Black Brotherhood may have in the current unrest. (the members undergo demigod mind probes.) The demigods Heward and Keoghtom investigate the unrest and question any agents of the Black Brotherhood. (Obsidian Order, Rhialto? Come on, you are showing your cards.:D)

Turrosh Mak's territory is a considerable distance from Gradsul in Keoland, and to the best of my knowledge, he does not control the forest near Gradsul. If this is correct, then some power that can move large forces at will is obviously involved. Also, evidence of anything that could only be done with 10th level magic or divine power is looked for in the recent events. (Edena, well done. I see Vecna as having taken

Ambassadors are dispatched to the Underdark Alliance played by Kalanyr, Festy Dog, and the Forsaken One.

Varnaith, the Lendore Isles, and the Celestial Empire investigate who is truly the Queen of Celene. If the woman accused of being the false queen is truly Queen Yolande, they will support her. (Edena, on behalf of Alyx I allocated 10 PLs of force from Varnaith to help defend Celene.)

I will e-mail a few players before I leave in the next few minutes.

Edena, can you post the results of my investigation that you just sent me. This way everyone will know it is trure. (Well done, great fan of Jack Vance. BIG CLUE!)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Grandwood fights back.

Drax the NPC is considered killed and his PL lost to the Dark Union.
Score one for whoever or whatever is causing this trouble (and, it is not the Moderator, for he is only following instructions.)

Remove ads