(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 1)

Forrester

First Post
Question for Edena

Edena -- suppose I had a few troops from Toril I wanted to land this round.

I know what 10th level magic can do . . . on the other hand, you've suggested before that transporting troops from Realmspace is pretty easy; it's just transporting them BACK to Realmspace that's tough.

I need to know if I could land troops near where Vecna is building without having them all just Blow Up immediately. Some minor losses would be understandable.

Forrester

First Post
Forrester said:
Ah, Acererak. So you decided to attack Irongate after all? I thought you were going to pull back (and when doing so, the forces of Irongate would stop attacking, and prepare to be evacuated).

But according to Edena, you have decided to finish them. Unless there's been some grim miscommunication here . . .

So Irongate falls.

Very well.

Very well.

At the very least, though, they should not be able to consume hundreds of thousands of souls. Edena, you told me earlier that most of the inhabitants of Irongate, once they knew their cause was lost, would commit suicide rather than have their souls consumed.

Maudlin

First Post
Forrester said:
Ah, Acererak. So you decided to attack Irongate after all? I thought you were going to pull back (and when doing so, the forces of Irongate would stop attacking, and prepare to be evacuated).

But according to Edena, you have decided to finish them. Unless there's been some grim miscommunication here . . .
The terms of our agreement are quite intact. Of course, you mulled over your decision for quite a while, and I was ever so peckish. And then there were those deluded souls who attacked us on our way out, they are gone, naturally.

Rest assured though, you have plenty of human cows still waiting for you. . The remaining munchies will not be harmed for the rest of the month. Don't be too long in collecting them, I believe there is an archlich with a few bees in his bonnet that wants a word at your earliest inconvenience.

Edena since I am going to bed, you are in charge of The Shade. Plaese try to save what remained of our good relationships with our allies( if possible). And remember what I wrote in my second post on page 1, about Shadow Throne being REALLY hard to conquer.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr stands at the peace conference, and lets out a sigh. As he spreads his wings a reddy-green few scales fall of unto the floor.

"Well I think little peace will be reached now, Know ye however that this is NOT my will! I will go now to find out who it is if this conference is to continue let me know and I will return."

Kalanyr walks over to Siobhan bows to her and speaks
"It was a pleasure to meet you my Lady, I hope we shall meet again. If this conference does continue I will return" As he bows yet more of his scales fall to the ground, the fiend looks puzzled "I'm sorry , I guess its my shedding decade".

Kalanyr teleports w/o error away back to the Underdark where he asks Tharzidun if the Black Brotherhood are responsible for this.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Bleah, just woke up late and has to run in a couple of minutes. I'll be back tonight to post more, but...
-------------------------------------------------------------
The little fae gives a graceful bow to Kalanyr and sighs, nodding brightly "Indeed, the pleasure has been all mine Farewell until we meet again." and then as the creature teleports out a puzzled "This doesn't have anything to do with being The Oozing One, does it? Maybe some healing would help..." ;)

William can run my military until I get back, as help is needed. i'll be back tonight and catch up with all I missed.:)

Last edited:

Forrester

First Post
Signing off . . .

Like many, it seems, I am gone tonight -- but I will check in when I return (4AM'ish), and I will be around most of the day tomorrow.

If you can, Edena, restrain Vecna from blowing up the world for a little while.

I hereby give to William Ronald, until my return, the ability to drop 100PL-->50PL of Torillian troops to aid a fight against Vecna -- probably an attack from behind, if possible.

But only if that fight is not hopeless (i.e., I have many allies to stand at my side). And only if I would take minor losses during the drop-off.

And obviously, only if he starts it.

But given the many absences due to it being Friday night, I hope that things move slowly over the next half-day of real time . . . so that we can all participate fully Saturday.

Forrester

JohnBrown

First Post
Edena, question

Edena,

This very important, and this is going to take some set up so please read this carefully. It requires a ruling on your part because it makes assumptions and twists some possible loopholes in the rules. None of this will happen if Iuz doesn’t feel there is no chance for success.

Nearly a century ago, Iuz was trapped by Zagyg under Zagyg’s castle. This had to been done without the benefit of 10th level magic (here comes the rule twisting part…:) ). Why, because if it was done with 10th level magic, whomever has him as an NPC would also have to have access to 10th level magic. Now, it stands to reason over the last few decades after Iuz’s release, he would of spent time studying exactly how Zagyg trapped him if for no other reason to prevent it from happening to him again. So, it is reasonable (at least to me :) ) to assume that Iuz knows how to do the same thing. If you rule this is the case, the following will happen:

1. Iuz will order an attack by his troops on the Domain of Greyhawk to cause a diversion (The troops of William Roland and Turrosh Mak were also supposed to attack as well, but neither gave me the ability to speak for them).

2. Then using his best abilities to shield his mind (actually I am assuming that Iuz is already doing that), he will teleport without error into Zagyg’s tower (according to the modules the Ruins of Greyhawk there is no shielding preventing him from doing so).

3. He will magically mend the globe that once held him (at task that should be easy for a 7PL demigod).

4. Cast the spell, thus entrapping Vecna! :)

5. While he is at it he will mend the other globes that held the other demigods and entrap the various Shade leaders as well.

Again, I realize that I am twisting the rules here a little bit, that is why I need a ruling from you. If Iuz feels that there is no chance for success at this, these actions do not take place. Also some indication on what kind of PL points we are looking at in the Shade/Vecna Armies would really help (Its not like they are hiding or anything :) )

Edit: Zagyg has said he would lend his assistance, if that helps any....

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
If Iuz's plan is feasible, and if Zagyg can tear himself away from his 'important' work for a while, he is willing to help Iuz. He is, after all, vaguely familiar with the whole process. :D

Remove ads