(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 3 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
ACK! Well, the Dark Union begins doing everything in it's power to cure and halt the spread of this anti-undead disease.

Mr. Draco

First Post
Also, if this plague was caused by ninth-level magic also, (as our mages may know, since they are investigating it), research begins towards another plague or our own. It's purpose is to feed off of and destroy completely this new anti-undead disease. In fact, to speed development of it, we use samples of the undead-plague and modify them, trying to create what we want.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Whoa

Well. A great deal seems to have happened in my abscence. I think I'll start with the seers information.

As Forrester has clearly stated, Vecna is not going to be able to summon the Elder Ones. However, I think we can expect him to begin the PROCESS of summoning them. This shouldn't be much of a threat - My own people attempted to summon the Elder Ones during the Torilian Wars and found it much harder than they had ever expected. They are difficult entities to wake.

As for his intentions to wake the City of the Gods? Well, bully for him. Once he wakes them up they'll destroy him and his armies without much difficulty... But then they'll come for us, specifically ME, and that's bad. So, you can expect us to move out of the Godspires to a more distant location. This location will not be secret.

I am not afraid of this disease. I can make allocations to cure it without much difficulty.

<< Edena, I am using Wish spells to create magical items that can Cure Disease at will once per round. These should fall within the price perameters - It's a powerful effect, but not quite so dramatic as Cure Light Wounds. I'll be using these to immunize my army from the effects of the Red Death - If necessary, I'll spend even more XP to make Heightened Cure Diseases that can deal with the more powerful, Vecna-enhanced disease. At the levels I'm at, 5,000 XP should be what, 1/6000th of what I need to go up a level? >>

However, I think we should be wary. As we have seen, these visions are so exaggerated that it's almost comical. My point is this:

I do not believe that Vecna has the capability to do what our visions show. I believe that he has created these visions as a bluff. I believe that he intends for us to send our forces against his forces and die in a horrible trap of some kind.

Maudlin

First Post
Um?

Okay, Acererak makes a new plague that cancels the Crescent Alliance's plague and makes everyone else sick again.

Catch my drift? :)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Well...

I think we can safely rule that these two forces struggling against each other will cause the two plagues to cancel each other out quite nicely, and knock maybe three PL off of both forces.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Only in the IR.

Only there.

Only in the IR could it go from deathly serious drama to comedy, like one flips a light switch and suddenly everything is altered.

Vecna isn't happy anymore.
Not happy at all.
He throws down his glass in disgust, shattering it.

He speaks:

Imbeciles.
I am surrounded by incompetents and imbeciles.
And kender.
Make the Dark Powers save me from kender.

Last edited:

kaboom

First Post
Thayadon give thanks to Mystra that he and his people didn't have to sacrifice themselfs.

He then casts Cause Disease on himself.

Forrester

First Post
Forrester chuckles to himself

And to think that I used to believe the only good Kender was a deboned, deep-fried Kender. Good job, men. Good job.

But it seems as though the Oerthians have taken care of this problem for us. Wonderful little counter-plague they've got there. It seems we have much to learn from this world . . . and I'm sure you agree.

<the Kender, having been quiet for a record-setting 4.5 seconds, begin chattering again. Forrester listens for a few minutes. And then a few minutes more. And then a few minutes more.>

Uh huh. Yeah.

Uh huh. Yeah, you guys did a great job.

No, I don't want to hear about the big scary undead that you tied up.

No, I don't want to see all the neat little toys that you brought back. Take them to the mages and see what they can make of them.

No, I don't want to see the picture of you giving the Vampire guard 'bunny ears'.

No, I -- wait -- but -- AUUUUGHHHHH!

<teleports away to his office>

Damn, they are a pain in my ass. But it's good to have them around. Just not in the same room as me.

<rolls the vial of dark-greenish fluid from the Gift Box around in his hand>

<rolls the vial of dark-greenish fluid taken by the Kender around in his hand>

<Teleports to a nearby lab>

Hey. Sarah. Can you do me a quick favor? Make sure that these two vials contain the exact same substance? Just want to make sure that . . . well, I'll explain it to you later. Just doing some double checking . . . and make sure that all is as it seems.

Thanks much.

Lord Forrester
(who will be gone for 1-2 hours)

Mr. Draco

First Post
OOC & Secret: Forrester, the vials do indeed contain the exact same substance. (unless your kender stole a defective vial) Also, if tested on the plague, the vial from the gift box works perfectly.

Maudlin

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Also, if tested on the plague, the vial from the gift box works perfectly.
Sez you, but not the description I sent to Edena :)

I think I speak for everyone when saying that, if we're going to have a my-plague-is-bigger-than-your-plague contest, we can at least settle on one that wipes out the Kender, yes? :)

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads