(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Shade send a message to the Dark Union of Oerth:

Hail to the God Emperor.
We request the aid of the Dark Union to defend Shadow Throne against the expected onslaught of the Oerthian Alliance.
We appreciate very well that the Dark Union will act only in what it sees as it's own best interest - which is to say, we appreciate that the Dark Union will leave us to rot if it pleases them!

We wish to state our case for help.

We provide a strategic blockade.
The Oerthian Alliance is almost entirely in the western Flanaess, or in countries west of the Hellfurnaces, Crystalmists, and Barrier Peaks.
Only the Delrunian Alliance and the Sky-Sea League lie east of us.

Acting as a strategic plug, we have sheltered the Dark Union from the Oerthian Alliance.
We also shelter Acererak and the Scarlet Brotherhood to a lesser extent with this blockade.

They must go through us, to get to you.

We know that you are building up your power, and that - given enough time - you will become a power great enough to stand against the Torilians and their Oerthian Alliance.
But it takes time.
If you support us, we survive.
If we survive, we maintain the blockade.
If we continue to exist, we force the Torilians and Oerthian Alliance to focus all their strength and power on us, and thus they have no power left with which to attack the Dark Union.
They waste their time and power in destroying us, while you grow strong.

The longer we last, the longer we maintain this blockade, the stronger you will grow.
If we last long enough, you will grow strong enough to crush the Torilians and the Oerth Alliance, and Oerth will bow to the Dark Union.

If we are destroyed, the entry by land into the Dark Union is laid open.
Given the treason of Iuz, we would not be surprised if he joined the Oerthian Alliance in destroying you.
And then, Forrester and his lackeys will blackmail and rule all the Oerthian Alliance.
Indeed, does he not have the arrogance to demand tribute from you even now?

We are pragmatic - we realize that you would leave us to die, and will leave us to die, if it is in your best interest to do so.
We have given our best arguments for you holding to your alliance, and sending troops to aid us.
We would need your undead troops - living troops would die in the Shade controlled areas.
We sincerely believe that it is in your best interest to help us, not to mention it is in our interest.

Dark Union, send your undead armies, and the undead armies of your ally, Acererak, to our aid!
Let the Power of Evil, prevail!

The Shade

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Serpenteye & Mr Draco- Are you sure you want to aid a power bent on destroying the world you would much prefer to rule? I could give you land for your aid.

How can Acerak be killed ? He is a PC and thus out of the Juristiction of Death in Battle/By Catastrophe.

Can I teleport myself & my allies into the Shadow Throne?
If not the catastrophe will go Acerak since I am not going to redeem a whole pile of undead to see Mr Ugly Skull take them over. Oh and I am sending the Father of Obedience the list of Black Brotherhood agents I made

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Shade send another message to the Dark Union:

They say the Twin Illnesses are a threat to the Dark Union.
However, we appreciate that you will obtain 11th level magic.

With that magic, you will forever end the menace of the Twin Illnesses to your lands and this world.

We accept that.

But you will not obtain 11th level magic if you must expend all your efforts fighting the Torilians and their lackeys.

Send your forces to aid us, and thus buy yourself the time to grow strong.

Then burn down the Torilians.
Burn the arrogant Torillians down.
They pretend they are peaceful, and they pretend to be lofty.
Yet when they thought they had the advantage, they chose blackmail and threat.
Look at their history of butchery and massacre of their own.
Look at their leader, and his history!

And remember, we are not a tenth as powerful as the Torilians.
THEY are the threat, not us.
The Twin Illnesses are minor inconveniences, soon cured.
The Torilians, are a real illness.

- - -

To answer your question, Kalanyr:

Yes, you can teleport into Shadow Throne.
Since you have 10th level magic, you can teleport your entire army in.
But not the armies of Forsaken One, Festy Dog, or anyone else.
Obviously, a coordinated attack by teleportation, land, and air is possible.

You can throw your allowed Catastrophe at the Shade, Kalanyr, or at Acererak, or anyone you please.
It will have devastating results to the area you throw it at, as per the rules in the Rules Post.

Acererak can only be killed if I, the Moderator, rule that he is killed.
This is true of all PCs.
This does not mean that Acererak is unkillable.

If you really want to stop Acererak from achieving Apotheosis, then you must find a way to do that on your own.
I the Moderator am neutral. I will not give you helpful advice on how to stop Maudlin!

Edena_of_Neith

Kalanyr

Explorer
Dark Union- I offer you the land of the Crystalmists,The Hellfurnaces,Rauxes and the Yuan-ti's Old Empire, I no longer need the land. Is this sufficient?

Edena- How big can I make the Mountain given enough time to do so? The Catastrophe is my gift to Acerak, I am not going to this much trouble with redemption for him to undo it.

Mr. Draco

First Post
[edit]- i like that list, include the burnt ashes of Vecna's phylactery and we'll consider it.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Everyone can die

Soon, you'll find this out the hard way.

BTW, this war is getting nastier and nastier, and I foresee that people will lose their PC's. If this occurs, I plead with you not to leave the IR. Rather, I hope that you will either rule your entities as 'Faceless Rulers' or create a new PC.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Sollir? Darkness? Zelda?

Sollir, where are you?
I need your Template.

Darkness, are you still with us?
I haven't seen any posts from you in a long time.
I need your Template too.

Zelda, are you there?
I haven't heard from you in a truly long time.
I need your Template as well.

- - -

Kalanyr, you can make one heck of a big mountain.
Again, refer to the rules on 10th level magic in the Rules List.
Those state the general magnitude of the destruction your Catastrophe will cause.

- - -

The Shade cannot hear Mr Draco's negotiations with Kalanyr.
But if they COULD, they would snort and say:

Who is the ruler of the Dark Union?
Kas the Imbecile?
Or the worthy God Emperor who lead his nation to victory.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Mr Draco- Done! The Land is yours. The Phylactery is yours when I get a hold of it or what I leave of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads