(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Draco

First Post
kalanyr- give us those lands (Crystalmists,The Hellfurnaces,Rauxes and the Yuan-ti's Old Empire), the burnt ashes of Vecna's phylactery when you can, 1PL of forces to garrison each area (except Rauxes), and the promise that none of your allies will attack those areas, and you have a deal.

Kalanyr

Explorer
I cannot provide the Garrison, I need my forces (besides not like you can trust my forces), the rest I can do. What say you? If you insist on the Garrison I might be able to convinve my allies to leave one.

Edena- I will continue enlarging our mountain,until I can comfortably fit the population of myself and my allies. The Catastrophe on Acerak will be a firey burst of holy power sweeping his land destroying all evil undead and badly burning anything of evil alignment.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, could we teleport 3pl of forces? (1pl to each location if we accept)

kalanyr, you can still give us assurances that our garrisons will not be attacked by your allies

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yes, you have my assurances neither myself nor my allies will attack those areas unless we are attacked first.

dagger

Adventurer
How big a force you sending to the Shade battle Kalanyr?

I think creamsteak needed ride for a large force, and Kabooms skyships will ferry them if he needs me too. With my spell jammers providing cover.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mr Draco, if Serpenteye rejects this alliance with Kalanyr, and if he sticks to his alliance with Kalanyr's enemies, you could have a civil war on your hands.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Please remember that Kaboom cannot ferry more PL in troops than he has total PL.
That's in the 300 to 350 range, I do believe.

A large number, but the Shade have a large army also.
They are entrenched, have the advantage of the Shade (+ 2 / + 2), the advantage of being on the defensive behind fortifications (0 / + 1), and they have bonuses for their value in the Industrial Arms Race to boot.

Kalanyr's forces may teleport in, obviously, since he has 10th level magic (and the Shade do not get their defensive (0 / + 1) against his forces.)

But the rest of the attacking army, beyond Kaboom's number I spoke of, is going to have to arrive some other way.

Also, I cautioned you - and I will caution again - that attacking Shadow Throne directly with the Sky Ships and Flying Citadels of Kaboom puts you at a special disadvantage.
The Shade are expecting such a tactic and have prepared especially for it.
Because they have, I am giving them an extra (+ 1 / 0) to their rolls against any assault from the air.
And there will be extra casualties on the offensive side, due to Flying Ships and Flying Citadels that were shot down before they could land their troops (and thus, all the troops perished in the crash.)

- - -

Yes, Kalanyr, the Shade weapons can penetrate the Mountain's defenses.
10th level magic gives your forces a (+ 2 / + 2) advantage.
The Mountain and it's Mythal gives them another (+ 2 / + 2) advantage.
But it does not render your forces impervious to attack.

Kalanyr, you can only ferry your own attack force on the mountain.
It is simply not big enough to carry the forces of Forsaken One and Festy Dog, or your other allies.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Wait.

Please, people. Don't start any frontal assaults just yet... Wait for everyone on your side to post, so we can form a coherent plan.

As for me? Talk to Forrester. I'm working for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads