(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 4 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBrown

First Post
Forrester,

What I said was what I said. Nothing personal, but it is what they would do. If your men don't stand down. A fight will break out.

Forrester

First Post
Very well.

I have 100PL of high-tech forces there. They blow up half of your men, and the other half retreat back to your nation.

Forrester

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Forrester said:
And 100PL, including my best scientists, (and best Kender!!) are looting the City of the Gods. We've earned it. No one will be allowed in -- with the exception of Kalanyr. He can take a few things if he likes.

I make quite certain, with my scrying, of who is entering and who is not.

?

I see, Forrester. You do not want to share this technology with anyone else. Understandable, of course - you fended them off (from what I read), so you get the spoils.

All I want is to find some technology to help out in this time of need. Are you going to stop me? Are you going to fend me off?

Let us in the City, Forrester. Allow the scientists of the Lortmils to assist in scouring the place for technology. Now is not the time to be greedy. Now is a time to help each other out, now is a time when we must be peaceable. We must rebuild Oerth. Do not start a fight over petty technology.

Forrester

First Post
I never said that I was not going to share the technology, Gnomeworks!

I just want first crack. And given that it was my forces that bore the brunt of the damage from the City of the Gods, and given that I took the largest losses during the war, I think I deserve it.

And it's easier to keep everyone out than keep some people out. And it appears fairer, too. (OOC -- no one needs to see what gets exchanged behind closed doors, later on.)

You can be sure that if I find anything that, say, would be useful to a United Commonwealth of Oerth, I will share it with them should such an organization ever arise . . . . :)

And it goes without saying that sneak-thieves a sneakin' in will not be killed unless they attack -- they will simply be captured and interred.

Forrester

PS In this Time of Need, the people need food and bandages more than anything else -- and I am also working to provide them. It is highly unlikely that there is anything here that could be brought to bear on the situation on Oerth within a month.

I do promise you, though, that should we come upon a piece of technology that we need aid in deciphering, that might have obvious utility in ameliorating what Oerth is going through, the Gnomes will be our first stop. For no one else has the technological level that they do (except ourselves).

Last edited:

Alyx

First Post
Yes, Edena, please tell me about the state of the Celestial Empire. As it was far from the brunt of battle, and nearly as big as half of Flannaes, it could become a useful area for foodstuff production. Please inform me on that.

After I recieve that information, I will post again.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Very well, Forrester. You may have your "first crack" at the technology uninterrupted, at least from us. The Lortmils will not bother you. But you must first and foremost be looking for technology to help the current situation. So long as you do that, then we will not pester you.

JohnBrown

First Post
Well, then Forrester, we are at war. I everything I have left is being thrown at you. I know, I know you wipe me out with a thought…..

Sorry, but this is just getting harder and harder to care about any of this. No offense to Forrester, or Edena, or William, or Draco, or Maudlin, or anyone else involved in this IR, but this is all just becoming completely ridiculous. It all feels like I’m trapped in some endless DBZ saga with Forrester in the role of Goku. The rest of us being relegated to the role of Krillian. Sure we can do things, but in the end why bother. Goku will either come save the day or kick our ass. Edena, this is nothing against you. You have worked admirably on this. You have put up with stuff I would have never had the ability to do (me being one of those things), still it is kind of a forgone conclusion how all of this is going to turn out.

No Edena, it is not your fault a bunch of people gave Forrester the PL to get 10th level magic. It is not Forrester’s fault that he is using it to the best of his ability. This is what he should do. But it is your fault that it was ever there in the first place. Maybe there is a reason nobody tackled it before? All of that is neither here nor there. It is your game, it your vision, and I apologize for pooping in your happy place, Edena. What I think or don’t think of 10th level magic is really irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that the IR is over

Oh, those who oppose Forrester or the side he is on (which I was on until a moment ago, but then I wasn’t really winning, Forrester was) will fight valiantly, it will be great and glorious and it might even be fun, but this is taking up far too much of my time and the fun ratio has been dropping steadily. Or the opposite will happen, Edena will throw yet another uber-being at Forrester, which is unfair to Forrester since all he was doing was what he was supposed to do; play the game to the best of his ability.

I said I wouldn’t quit. I am a man of my word. But the sooner you wipe me out, Forrester, the sooner I get my life back. So please have at it.

Forrester

First Post
JohnBrown said:

Oh, those who oppose Forrester or the side he is on (which I was on until a moment ago, but then I wasn’t really winning, Forrester was) will fight valiantly, it will be great and glorious and it might even be fun, but this is taking up far too much of my time and the fun ratio has been dropping steadily. Or the opposite will happen, Edena will throw yet another uber-being at Forrester, which is unfair to Forrester since all he was doing was what he was supposed to do; play the game to the best of his ability.

I said I wouldn’t quit. I am a man of my word. But the sooner you wipe me out, Forrester, the sooner I get my life back. So please have at it.

I'm sorry, Edena, but I have to agree with every word he's said, up to and including the brilliantly appropriate Goku/Krillan metaphor. It's how I spelled it out in that email to you -- I figured there were three ways to go. Either everyone attacks me, YOU attack me with world-ending threat after world-ending threat (which still isn't fun for others), or some Big Red Button gets pushed that subtracts from my power. I was actually in favor of #3.

But if I'm going to be cast as Goku . . . I have to play Goku.

I only wish that I was evil enough (and had the time) to declare an all-out attack against EVERYONE on Oerth. So that I might claim the world for Toril and the UC.

That would be interesting . . . until I started eliminating nations, one by one. I might eventually lose, but five or six people would be almost completely knocked out first. And hell, even then I might not lose. Knock out Kaboom's airforce so that I can attack individual nations with ease, take care of Kalanyr early, take care of the Gnomes early (they're the only ones with a tech advantage), and then start planting nukes. Make a few alliances with the greedier folks, so that I can split up Oerth with them afterwards. Do it during a turn when I know most people are working on industrialization, or 11th level magic. It'd be a cakewalk.

Not that I've thought about it at all :D.

The big problem is, though, that that's not the way the UC operates -- and frankly, it's not what Forrester is about.

And I'm not interested in dealing with any more world-ending threats.

So you know what? This is what I'm going to do.

I'm going to raid the City of the Gods, and strip it of every possibly useful item, increasing my power level tremendously. (If sporadic mini-raids got 2PL per raid, imagine what one million troops led by Kender will find!)

And then I'm leaving. It seems there's an emergency on Toril, and it needs every single one of my men. Maybe the Scro need my help on Krynn, I don't know.

You can deal with the Red Goo, spreading across Oerth, on your own. It'll be a lot tougher getting 11th level magic without me, but you can do it.

And you can deal with Acererak, too -- my forces are immediately pulling out.

And you can deal with Serpenteye's vast empire and Iuz as well. And with my absence, I'm betting Anabstercorian might have some interesting plans in store for you. (I'm taking the Dictum, though :) ).

And you can deal without having any of the goodies from the City of the Gods. Ya didn't deserve them, anyway :). But I'll leave any food I find.

You should still win. With Kalanyr on the side of the Angels, and the vast force of the Oerthian Alliance, it should still be a cakewalk.

But Goku isn't there to back you up. Time for Gohan to spread his wings.

Signing off,
Forrester

----------------------------------
PS Yes, I will still lurk, of course! And even post occasionally.
PPS Edena, I DEMAND that you not take this personally! I don't want to hear any whining that The IR Can't Deal With Forrester's Absence, For He Was A Key Part.

I WAS a key part. I got to kill Vecna. I got to destroy the City of the Gods. I got to raid it -- and I INSIST you tell me how much my PL raised because of all the goodies we found!

And in doing all of those cool things, I drew attention away from the minor players. The guys with only 50PL to spend. The Daggers, the Creamsteaks, and the rest. This was supposed to be their story, not mine. And now, it's theirs again. I know you'll make it interesting for them.

Last edited:

dagger

Adventurer
OOC:

Well if my powers where neutral or evil I would go to war with him too, just to make it more interesting, heh :). Im still having fun though.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Forrester said:
But Goku isn't there to back you up. Time for Gohan to spread his wings.
LOL! :p :p :p That sentence just made my day... :D

Hmm... I have to catch up with the IR a bit to find out much my forces is still left... See you later. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads