(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 5 (thread 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A floating chair descends from the roof, and facing Sanctus backwards as he introduces himself. Then, the chair Sanctus is facing turns and a small child, looking no older than 12 sits upon. "Well it seems preserving is my business these days...and 'mother' hasn't told me a great deal about you unfortunately, just a little, why don't you introduce yourself? By the way, don't be fooled, I'm no ordinary child. You have called me Hellmaster, but please, call me Phibrizzo, have a seat and tell me all about yourself." The little boy gives a smirk.

Sanctus' sword, if he chooses to use it will show the Slaad's true form...however even such a visage may not be pleasant to look at. If anyone had seen him since these wars began, he wouldof been puny to what he is now...getting closer to the zenith of perfection in his mind...

Btw, although I shouldof been credited for inventing it ;) its a good idea methinks. People have been complaining about Maudlin's 20 PL of undead/turn if he achieves apotheosis (which might be raised considering these events), and this is just the thing to offset that.

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Wait... I'm reading this and it does not make sense...

Anabstercorriean Attacked Toril, and took his whole army, and at the exact same time 500 PL from Toril dropped over his territories and and took them...

and now he is missing?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Sanctus Punitor-

Alright Phibrizzo... (Sanctus Gazes into his sword and sees the true form of the Slaad) I would rather view you like this if you don't mind. I shall not bear a visage over myself, and I expect to view all in the same light.

I am the lord of Delrune... and I forsaw you attacking me by a false prediction made by my allies. I then took Artonsamay and Kinemeet incidently. I almost battled you to the death. I do believe you know me well... afterall, I am confident that I know you.

So you call this creature mother... how awkward... afterall I do believe you appear older than her.

Nevertheless... she exalts you as wanting to restore the world from the blood metal. I have taken up the charge of acquiring the Mandate of Heaven that restores our world.

I cannot tell you how little reason I have to even take the time to speak with you. You are purely chaotic and should be exterminated by my code. But I hold my blade... because this woman has sworn that you are interested in an entirely anti-chaotic goal. The prevention of the destruction of the planet.

If this is all true, and you honestly wish for this degree of prosperity that we can agree for in union... I offer you one chance to hold my sword, and its purely lawful and good nature. It will hurt you tremendously, and if it doubts your intentions it may even attempt to destroy you. If it sees a whim of truth in your speach it will allow you to hold itself, although your hand may burn. I will kneel before you and shake your hand in an accepting honorable way. And if you survive this time and hand me my sword again I will give you my word and Knight you as a member of my round table.

If you accept this, I will agree here and now to an unspoken alliance. An agreement that I will forsake and wish to forget for all eternity. An agreement I will make out of necessity. I will not speak the words again after this day, and I will hope that time absconds this paradox, so that I may forget this sinful act.

And we will become one, for the sake of a common goal.... If you accept me as your brother...

Sanctus looks like he is "down and dying" as he states this. He can feel something that only he would recognise within himself. He pushes that feeling down and whispers to himself,

I would sacrifice my life, my soul, my eternal honor if it would save my people... I would die here and now if it guaranteed peace and happiness to my people... I would become like this fiend if it would save my people...

In pain and kneeling on the ground

What say you?

Last edited:

Phibrizzo makes a slight grin, amused at his guest, he then shapeshifts to his true form-noticing that the paladin can see right through his form. He then takes the sword, speaking, "It *is* my intention to eliminate the blood waste from these lands, your lands and mine. Mistress Tao wishes for it to be destroyed in the whole world. What I speak to you is the truth, let your sword tell you yourself..." Phibrizzo then gives the sword to Sanctus, looking as the burns on his hand begin to regenerate slowly...he then extends his hand to Sanctus and then says, "Then we shall be the unspoken alliance indeed." With that, Sanctus finds himself holding Hellmaster's hand, a slight feeling of unease and chaos in his heart...

Mr. Draco

First Post
Sollir, the other reason people have been complaining about Acererak's 20PL per turn should he attain apoethesis, is because it would be 20PL of 6/6 undead, and he would gain control of ALL UNDEAD on oerth, thus preventing anybody else from gaining from the undead arms race.

Mr. Draco

First Post
edena, earlier when you said that because of the troll supermonsters/undead troll supermonsters, the Union of Oerth would be gaining 9 x 2 PL per turn in the monster arms race, did you also mean the undead arms race?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
(Very solemnly)

Yes, William.

Your Seers figure out how to counterattack.
They figure out exactly how.

It only requires a specific mindset to become Red Goo.
Once you obtain that mindset, you can traverse the latticework with ease.
Thus, you can attack any other Power on the board, as Red Goo, with devastating results.

The mindset required is one of utter despair, a total lack of regret, and an endless desire to kill.
Anyone, even a peasant boy, could assume Gooform and wreak havoc, with this mindset.

- - -

Once William discovers this secret, it is not long before everyone else does.

- - -

It is quickly discovered that the Black Brotherhood, with their fatalistic mentality, learned the secrets of Gooform.
Unfortunately, you cannot assume Gooform and go after them, unless you truly assume the mentality I spoke of.

It is not possible to become Red Goo in any other way.
10th level magic would allow mages, on an individual basis, to assume Gooform, and they could attempt to track down the agents of the Black Brotherhood who are in the latticework of Red Goo.

However, there is a very terrible, deadly danger in doing so.
The danger that the Red Goo will recognize that one who does not belong is amongst it's own, and then the Red Goo will move to make that person one of it's own.
Death would be a kindly fate compared to that.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
edena, you got my emails further dealing with the exploration teams and further experiments right? I just want to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads