• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 1)

Anabstercorian

First Post
You laugh at me?

Anabstercorian glares at the dwarf with great annoyance. << You've got lots of guts, I'll give you that. >> He good naturedly pats the dwarf on the shoulder with a smile, then whacks him with a simple Far Punch between the legs.
<< I WOULDN'T laugh at you if you were this hurt, I'd finish you off and bring you back to life so you could fight again. Because I respect you and I respect my army. But if you laugh at me again you'll be dealing with much more than bruised genitalia. Understand? >>
His eyes burn with fire. << I just fought Melkor. It makes a hermaphrodite grumpy. Now go get me a slave to consume or you're next on the menu! >>
Anabstercorian shouts out a telepathic order for someone to tend to his damn wounds! He wants to be back on his feet soon.

=======

Vaeregoth, can you arrange for me to acquire a few high-yield nuclear bombs?

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Re: Comments, replies, and rulings on posts

Edena_of_Neith said:

The Red Army's leader speaks:

There shall be a new Union of the Worlds, and WE shall lead it.
You, God Emperor, shall be our slave.
You will shine our shoes.
You will brush our teeth.
You will dress us in the morning.
You will serve us breakfast in bed.
You will wait on us at dinner.
And, you will bathe all our women, then have your hands cut off for daring to touch them, only to have your hands regenerated each time for the next woman.

And no, Mina and her One God won't save you.
We will cast down the One God, and Mina will serve us alongside you!

We give you 5 seconds to run ...

1 ...

"So, abomination, you reject my offer. Then there is nothing left for you but annihilation. You are suffering now. That suffering is nothing compared to the torment you will suffer in the afterlife. Prepare yourself."

The God Emperor teleports back to the City of Living Gold in Mechanus.

William Ronald

Explorer
An Act of Love

Hazen, tired and wearied, stands in a pristine glade in the Kevellond League.

"I ask for volunteers willing to merge with the Red Waste and free the trapped and tortured souls there."

Immediately, Emperor Pa-Ser I of Suhfang and his wife Empress Kuan Yi appear. They are now glowing celestials.

"We were ghosts for many centuries. We will merge with the Red Waste and try to free as many souls as we can. We pray that the gods will stand with us. We pray that the Angels will aid us. Perhaps we will return. Yet we will do all that we can to free the trapped souls and save Oerth the beloved."

(Edena, some volunteers from the Kevellond League will try to merge with the Red Waste to free souls. They will pray that their gods and the angels will help them.)

Grasping the Crook of Rao in his hands, Hazen stands tall:

"Red Army forces, you are not my enemies. I ask all in the Kevellond League and the Oerth Alliance to focus on thoughts of love and compassion for you. I ask all of Oerth to focus on thoughts of love and compassion for you. Indeed, I ask the Angels to do so as well. I urge you to become free once more and pursue your destinies. The pain that you feel causes you to act against those you loved in life. Your souls, your beings, have been taken away from your will by raw hate. Open yourself up to me, and the possibilities of infinite love and compassion. You are loved and mourned by those you left behind. Do not let yourselves forever be consumed by hate."

"I seek your redemption and healing. I do not ask for your obedience, only your freedom and contentment. I open myself to you in peace, love, and understanding. You are loved, and I will do all that I can to try to free you. Be free and know that you are loved."

Hazen concentrates, summoning the full power of the Crook of Rao. He begins to fade slightly, with the effort. He tries to harness whatever goodwill his message has generated towards the Red Army and combine it with his own love and compassion. What the God Emperor failed to do, Hazen will try. If he looses levels, it is irrelevant. Hazen will try to free every soul that he can in the Red Army.

(OOC: I will have a reply to Mina's sending soon. Trust me, Hazen is angry and what he says may provoke Mina.)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
More comments, replies, and rulings

Ok, I will continue to reply to the posts in a storyline fashion.

I have received your e-mails. I'll look into them and answer them as well as I can.

Uvenelei

TO EDENA

Check your email ASAP. There's something that you need to see.
(my second email is the important one)

ANSWER: I got them both, plus one from Bugbear. Thank you both. :) It'll take some time for me to carefully scrutinize the first one, Uvenelei.

- - -

William Ronald

If possible, Hazen will try to retreat if it looks that there is no hope of winning. He is trying to direct positive energy into the Red Army and tries to convert this into healing the wounded souls.
If he cannot retreat, he will try to free all the souls with love, compassion and tolerance and the Crook of Rao. No compulsion is laid upon them. If they are freed, they will be free to chose their own destinies.

"Angels of the Seventh Heaven," Hazen says. "I ask your forgiveness if I have offended you. I humbly, respectfully, and urgently ask that you help me with the fight against the Red Army. These souls are imprisoned in hate and pain. Let us try to free them, or if need be, defeat them. They are victims, whose suffering has caused them to fight us. Let us have healing."

"The Red Army, if it reaches Oerth, will try to stir the Blood Waste and Red Steel to sentience. I ask you to aid my world."

RULING:

This means Hazen stayed at the battlefield. Thus, Vaeregoth's Unseelie see him when they arrive to collect the trophies. And Uvenelei's army sees him as they arrive.
Hazen, the Crook of Rao is not good for this purpose. It releases a few of the souls, but not enough. It is better at blocking their attacks ... and so far Hazen is still alive.
What you really need are the Cup and Talisman of Al'Akbar, which are held by the Baklunish Confederation (Darkness runs them.)
THOSE TWO artifacts, could easily free this small army of trapped souls, if they were here - and if the person wielding them did not have to spend all his efforts to avoid being hit by a red weapon.

However, the two artifacts in question are under the control of Darkness, and until he states he releases them, he doesn't.

The Angels do not come. They almost certainly will come if the Red Army goes to Oerth, but they do not come here.

- - -

William Ronald

Spoof, Serpenteye:

I have an idea. Negative Material Plane energy stirred the red goo to sentience. Try to use your 10th level magic to fill the Red Army with Positive Material Plane energy. We can try to free them, but they must be stopped. They must not be allowed to reach Oerth.
Hazen repeats his calls to the Angels and calls for assistance.

ANSWER: I repeat, negative energy did not do this. It was the breaking of Vaeregoth's Red Steel Armor by the battle with Melkor and Anabstercorian.
The armor shattered into it's component parts - the souls - and the power of the battle kept them imprisoned, and thus they are here now.

You may attempt to use 10th level magic to flood the area with Positive Energy. WARNING: You might not want to be around when you do this!

- - -

Black Omega

Hey guys!

I could not access the board from about 5:30 to 8:30 this morning so finally gave up and went to bed. I'd been tryuing to post the following:

ANSWER: Hey there! Welcome back, Black Omega!

Deep in Vesve Forest, Siobhan Silirevnur passes her hand over a glassy pool of water, growling to herself "Is he crazy going after all those heavy hitters?? Morre! What goes with a blood bath?"
From the side, Morre efficiently replies "I'd say red, it's flashy and it helps hide when you get hurt."
Siobhan baps Morre behind the head lightly "I don't plan to even break a fingernail, let along get hurt! I mean their blood! Hmm..Wraiths..vampires...Basic black?"
Morre grumbles and ndos "Basic black is always good."
Siobhan nods "Basic black then, get to it. I'd hate to miss the battle while primping. Alert the Circle of Eight and bodyguards, we're going to crash this party also!"

Siobhan and the Circle of Eight will be joining this battle to try and back up Hezen and our other allies. Usual rules, if getting butts kicked or close to dying, leave. Bodyguards to get bodies out if someone dies. Etc etc.

I tried passing this along to Edena, but from the looks of it, it would have made no difference since the Red Goo got to be the ultimate party crasher

ANSWER:

The following people have now stated they have sent something to the battlefield (and it is still there):

Black Omega
Forsaken One
Uvenelei
William

The remnant of the Shade Army is pleading for aid - they'll take ANYONE'S help (except Melkor's) to get them the heck out of there.

The Red Army has grown tremendously strong (nearly 400 PL) by killing and converting most of the Shade Army (which was 500 PL) into new recruits.

- - -

William Ronald

A message to Vaeregoth, Tokiwong, and the Oerth Alliance members

Hazen sends a message to the Oerth Alliance Members, Malachai, and Vaeregoth.

"Negative energy seems to stir Red Steel and the red goo to sentience. I urge you to destroy all the red steel you may have in your possession with healing spells. o' Skotenos, I urge you to do so, less the Pomarj is overrun."

"We are trying to stop the Red Army. It must not be allowed to reach Oerth and awaken all Red Steel. Aid us. Either destroy all red steel or red goo in you land or try to aid those fighting the battle."

ANSWER:

This gets an answer from Mina, which goes as follows:

So, Infidel Hazen, you would blacken the name of the One God, then beg for assistance?!
You shall not have the love and care of the One God, as the others have.
You shall be cast out into the darkness, and the Red Army will take you!
Thus, you shall be properly punished for your insolence and arrogance, your defiance and your denoucement of the One God.

(As you can see, Mina is still angry. That speech of Hazen's, really got to her! Which is saying something, because it's hard to get to Mina.)

I repeat again - negative energy isn't the problem.
It was the battle energy that caused the souls to remain under the curse, after they should have been freed by the shattering and destruction of the Red Steel that held them.

The Angels are still not coming.
It isn't because they are being deliberately callous ... there is an IC reason why they are not coming.

- - -

Anabstercorian

I'm with William, Vaeregoth

But it shouldn't be necessary to destroy your Red Steel yet. Can you lend me several dozen high yield nuclear bombs and some suntan lotion? I think I can take care of our little "red goo" problem.
We best hurry, though. My troops back in the sky are getting antsy. The Illithid are getting sick of the Drow having sex with demons and the Drow are getting sick of the Illithid eating the demons brains.

ANSWER: Mina is keeping the Army of Darkness quiet. They are terrified of her. She summoned the Dead to deal with some of the rebellious ones among the Army of Darkness, and even these hardened drow and illithid blanched and would have hid their eyes from the result, but Mina forced them to watch the proceedings to the end.

As for nuclear weapons - yes, they would destroy the Red Army.
At least, they would destroy THIS Red Army, while it is STILL IN the Border Ethereal.
WHAT nuclear weapons will do to the Red Army, once it reaches Oerth, is a good question.

- - -

dagger

I humbly ask the angels help as well. Open the gates of heaven and let forth the wrath of righteousness!
Or as Olinstaad would put it.
"Open up the gates ye angels, and come down with yer goodness!"

ANSWER: A comment here. The Angels have never become more than mildly angry, and then only under the most extraordinary of circumstances.
If Yours Truly could have behaved like that ... (sigh) ... the IR would still have all it's players.

The Angels aren't coming yet.
And since so many people have pleaded for their help, they send one of their own to state the reason why:

The Angel in question looks like Angels do, and is quite sad - sadness radiates from the Angel in waves.
The Angel speaks:

We are called by the heart.
However, many of the hearts of Oerth are filled with hatred, anger, and darkness.
We are repulsed and in fact actually driven back by this.
Our entry into Oerth is made much more difficult by this fact.

The hearts of Oerth - including what you call the Army of Darkness and the Union of the Worlds - must turn away from the hatred and the darkness.

We feel that in the threat from the Red Army you may find common bonding, and the darkness and hatred will be expunged.

But if we interfere, and we do it all for you, and protect you from this menace, we free you to continue your hatred and darkness.
In the end, that hatred and darkness will doom you to a fate as equally as bad as the one the Red Army has decreed for you.

Therefore, we withhold our aid.

We will evacuate your civilian population now, if you request this.
We would have done so long ago, had we been able - we are now able, and willing, to do so.

Yet we withhold our aid.

- - -

Tokiwong

Malachai replies to Hazen, "We are aware of the situation brewing, but with our current situation we cannot simply abandon Red Steel... we shall weather this storm as any other... I bid you good luck in your endeavours..."

ANSWER: Well, except for this one incident, the Red Steel has not suddenly turned into Red Armies, anywhere on Oerth ...

- - -

William Ronald

"Emperor Malachai," Hazen says as he is trying to channel positive energy from the Crook of Rao to free a Pomarj soldier who is now in the Red Army "I respect your sovereignity. If the Red Army breaks through, be prepared to use heaing on the Red Steel. I fear they may be able to awaken the embittered souls in Red Steel. This would likely result in the death of any soldier wearing or using Red Steel."

Anabstercorian: I think a rift to the Positive Material plane may be more effective. The souls only manifested after being exposed to negative energy. Positive material energy may free them. Indeed, they may even help us. So, were you surprised when Hazen showed up?

ANSWER: Nobody knows if the Red Army can awaken the Red Steel that lies in finished form (or unfinished form) all over Oerth. The Seers, upon throwing their spells, cannot find out the answer to this.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

Tokiwong wrote:

Malachai's delegates mull over the decision...

"Then so be it Red Gnome... we shall ally... this world is going to hell in a hand basket... these beings are not fit for it... create a new order... but we will have our place in it... what say you?"

THE EMPIRE OF MALACHAI HAS OFFERED ALLIANCE TO THE RED ARMY.

And, they accept.

The Red Gnome smiles broadly, and states:

Since you have made this offer, we accept.
You shall be as lords and ladies in the new order.

Because you are a willing ally, we can activate ALL of the Red Goo and Red Steel in your Empire, and we can do it from here.
Shall we do so, Malachai?
Or is this talk of alliance just talk?

- - -

On a side note, the nibelungen dwarf looks at Anabstercorian with something rare in a nibelungen dwarf: respect.
He hurriedly helps Anabstercorian, while everyone else runs in to help also.

- - -

Serpenteye wrote:

"So, abomination, you reject my offer. Then there is nothing left for you but annihilation. You are suffering now. That suffering is nothing compared to the torment you will suffer in the afterlife. Prepare yourself."

ANSWER: Thus spake the God Emperor.

The Red Gnome smiles, and it is not a nice smile. He speaks:

Malachai, I have changed my mind.
The God Emperor shall not shine our shoes.
He shall shine YOUR shoes, and the shoes of every other humanoid in the Empire of Malachai.
We will give you special red whips, to remind him whenever he works too slowly.

As for his people, in the Union of Oerth, theirs will be a (the Red Gnome snarls this) GRIM fate.
We will personally see to THAT.

- - -

Upon hearing Malachai's offer to ally with the Red Army, and their acceptance, Mina - who DID hear it, heard it all - just laughs and laughs and laughs ...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
The delegate smiles, "Let us begin the reformation of the world... let us begin a new Order..." The delegate nods in approval.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Red Army, empowered by the evil in Malachai's heart, teleports to the Empire of Malachai on Oerth.
Again, empowered by his evil and by the evil of his subjects, they do what they could not otherwise have done ... they put out their collective evil will, and ...

All of the Red Steel in the Empire of Malachai shatters, and from each suit of ruined armor spring hundreds of red souls.
Unworked Red Steel explodes, releasing hundreds more.
Pools of Red Goo evaporate, creating thousands of red warriors.
Experimental labs and safes yield yet more.

Several tens of thousands of Red Warriors are released, all across the vast Empire (making it impossible to get them all with nuclear weapons.)

Their combined PL is incredible (think thousands of PL), and they start touching things.
And everything they touch, be it a tree, bush, wall of wood, stone building, even the soil itself, slumps into Red Goo.
Where they walk, they leave Red Goo footprints behind.

In awe and terror, the people of the Empire of Malachai watch as they emerge.

Amazingly, these cursed elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings, kender (!), humanoids, monsters from the army of Vecna, do not attack the people of the Empire of Malachai.
They keep their promise.

A small force of them goes to the Blood Waste, to awaken it ... it might take even them some time to do this (even if they are not interfered with.)

The rest, smiling cruelly, sweep out swords, bows, axes, clubs, raise spears and lances, ready spells, and begin to march.

They march on the Coalition of Light and Shadow, to the west.
They march on the Kevellond League to the southwest.
They march on Celene, to the south (I hope Alyx returns to the IR ...)
They march on the League of Warlords and Delrunian Alliance, to the east.

OFFLINE NOTICE: THE MODERATOR IS GOING OFFLINE.

I WILL BE BACK IN AN HOUR OR SO, TO SEE HOW YOU REACTED.
BUT I WILL NOT RESUME THIS UNTIL TOMORROW.
YOU NEED TIME TO REACT, TO CONSIDER THE ENORMITY OF WHAT IS HAPPENING, AND TO DISCUSS PLANS FOR DEALING WITH IT.

Black Omega

First Post
The remnant of the Shade Army is pleading for aid - they'll take ANYONE'S help (except Melkor's) to get them the heck out of there.
Well...crap.:) Show up for a nice battle with Melkor and find ourselves nose to nose with the red goo. We'll help the Shade Army..bizarre as that sounds. The red goo is the biggest threat now...hmm..if we can pop the spelljammers there in time they can help evac the Shade army as well.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Final Post before I go offline:

In what may be one of the more strange alliances of this IR, the remaining 100 PL of Shade gratefully accept Black Omega's offer.

And they become loyal servants of the Coalition of Light and Shadow!!
The Shade will now stand with the Faerie and the people of the northwest Flanaess, as allies.

Black Omega gains 100 PL, too.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Serpenteye

The Red Army poses an enormous threat to your livelihood! I have the resources to destroy vast portions of them easily, but I'll need a few nuclear bombs. If you get them to me RIGHT NOW, I can destroy the majority of the Red Army before it reaches enemy territory.

=====

Edena, my Sunglasses of Cataclysmic Redoubt are one-use items that scan the very near future for a cataclysmic event (a detonating nuclear bomb, for example) and teleport the wearer to a predefined spot upon detection. For example, a battalion of troops wearing these could have a nuclear bomb dropped on them and they wouldn't be there when it went off.

Last edited:

Remove ads