• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 1)

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen has returned to Oerth, as it looks like part of the Border Ehereal will be a mess.

"Emperor Malachai," an exhausted Hazen says as he tries to recover from his efforts to free the souls of the Red Army. "do not ally with the Red Army. They seek the destruction of Oerth. I have a truce with you and your lands have benefitted from sharing technology."

Hazen urges all combatants still left in the Border Ethereal to retreat.

"Mina, you are a petulant child who is a humorless fanatic. You commit genocide and consider it a service to your goddess. She is not even honest enough to use her true title. The One God. Please, Takhisis could more honestly call herself a circus clown or a two-copper harlot. Of course, one of my counsellors said those five heads of hers must be useful in an orgy."

"You are a spiteful child. I believe Goldmoon must have died of grief, feeling that she was a bad mother. She wasn't. She deserved better than you. Even when you seek to help, you cause harm. I feel that your petty goddess will be a small things in the depths of time. As for threats, I hear nothing except a simpering child. A spoiled child of an arrogant goddess. The two of you are a perfect match. Maybe the two of you should join a circus. Or run a brothel."

(Okay guys, I think this may cause Mina to show up. Get ready is she does. I will be off line for an hour and half.)

Uvenelei

First Post
I came here to help Hazen and the others escape, and if Hazen is staying, I'll cover his back until he realizes that leaving right away is a very good idea. If the Shade want my help, they've got it (damn, that sounds wierd).

I'm not staying any longer than I have to; when all the non-Red Army forces that want to leave are gone, then I'll leave.

edit: The Faerie beat me to helping the Shade; oh well. I'm not sure if I'd even want them near me. :)
I'll still help move the remainer of the Shade army out.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen sends messages to all powers which are threatened by the Red Army.

"The Empire of Malachai has allied with our foes. Therefore, we stop all sharing of technology."

"We will determine if nuclear weapons will destroy the Red Army. We urge all those with 10th level magic to join in the fight against this common foe."

"I urge all nations to evacuate their civilians to Hope Island on Toril."

Edena: Did Hazen's efforts release any of the Red Army. If not, can I try it again on Oerth.

Tokiwong

First Post
The Return

Malachai smiles from his chambers "fetch my armor... my weapons we ride with our new allies to strike and attack..."

"Marshall my legions... marshall..." he pauses glancing at the form in his throne... "milord..." he bows his head quickly.

Iuz smiled, "My pretty little child... you have done remarkably well... continue as you planned... raze the earth... kill to excess... destroy it all... it all means very little now..."

Iuz sends a message to his Red Army allies, "We shall ride and strike with... I demand a sizeable force for my general Malachai to lead into battle... make it so... we shall be the true Lords of this world..."

Iuz relaxes on his throne... "Now bring me your whipping boy... he needs to pay for your sins..."

A young boy is brought into the room and Iuz hefts up a razor lined whip... "Now this will hurt me more..." chuckles... "then it will hurt you..."

Malachai turned away unable to watch and moved to join the raging armies...

OOC: All armies are marching and hoping to get a sizeable force from the Red Goo Armies...

Last edited:

Spoof

First Post
Samantha looks at the creature and reaches out to take its hand. It slowly envelops her encasing her without touching her. She feels herself slowly sinking deep into the earth. She can hear all the voices imploring her to help them, to free them from their pain.

My children, I can feel your pain, and I am here to help you. I can free you from your suffering but I need more time, time that has run out. Others of your kind are coming here, ones that can free you from your existence as you are now. Change you into a form that would allow you to kill others and force them into your suffering. I will ask you now to resist the temptation to follow this path.

She hears a thought in her mind – Then join us, prove to us that you can resist them your self.

Samantha feels a fear so powerful that she quakes to the bottom of her soul, then the words from Alzem come back to her… To do what you must.

Samantha reaches out her hand and the goo reaches out to her with glee, sure she will jerk her hand back, but she does not. As the goo touches her she knows that this was one of the members of the Black Brotherhood. As the pain of her transformation encompasses her he summons her magic to remove this interloper from, (she shudders) her new home.

All I ask is that you stand by me, and pray that Alzem will free us all.

Anabstercorian

First Post
Oh boy

Edena, if Anabstercorian is combat-ready (Which I doubt) he will promptly teleport in to help Mina with whatever "punishment" she deems necessary. If I am NOT combat-ready (which I don't doubt) then I apologize that I cannot help her at the moment.

Time to get some more XP!

Serpenteye

First Post
I'm scared.

Anabstercorian: I do not have enough nukes to make a difference. Melkor, Gnomeworks and Zouron might.

___

Mechanus:

The God Emperor, shaking with rage and fear, watches (through scrying) the Red Armies appearence on Oerth. Inky black fire rise out from his hands to turn his mirror of scrying to aches. Golden lightning, striking at random, breaks the great dome and sends tons of gold falling towards him. An annoyed gesture turns the debris to dust and the dust to nothing. With a disgusted sneer he melts the diamond encrusted statue of himself into an unrecognizable lump and raises his hand to launch magical fire against the mosaik of Oerth on the floor when he suddenly as quicksilver calm. With a bitter laugh he establishes a telepathic link to the leaders of the Oerth Alliance:

"We have two options. Either we abandon Oerth and wait until someone who has 11th level magics can purify the planet for us. Or we summon the Angels. You know which option is preferable."

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Zouron! I make the same offer to Zouron you. You have nukes, I can deliver them unavoidably with pinpoint precision. You only need to give me one at a time. Do not forget who slew your brethren - It was I. I can slay like that again.

Uvenelei

First Post
Oh crap. Things just keep getting more entertaining, don't they?

I cut off all tech sharing with the Empire of Malachai. The last thing they get from my technicians aiding their research is a bill for services rendered. The amount requested is equivalent to the entirety of the Empire of the Bright Lands, to be payed at your convenience. I'd hurry up on payment if I were you, though; the interest's a real bee-yatch.

After dealing with this small unpleasantness, Aurican retreats to one of his lairs. There, surrounded by his great wealth in the form of huge heaps of precious metals and gems, artwork, and troves of magical items, he reverts to his true form. Stretched out in a large valley among the mountains of coins, he kneels down and places his long neck along the ground. The point of his beak-nose lays before a massive platinum altar, the size of a moderate human dwelling, covered in draconic runes. He murmers the words of a powerful prayer in draconic, his deep voice reverberating off the walls of the gigantic cave. After some time, he raises his head from off the ground and stares at a ghostly dragon, made of silvery whisps of ether, perching on the altar.

" My Great and Wealthy Lord," Aurican intones as he gazes up at the figure of Bahamut. "I beseech of you, aid your children in these times. O Fount of All That is Holy and Expensive, hear me!"

"Oerth, the mother of life and the storehouse for all that is Shiny and Worthy of Worship is dying, felled by a grevious wound. An evil disease has taken hold of the world, and it spreads even now, infecting the bodies and minds of the living. Even your children, the great dragonfolk, have been possesed by this vile cancer."

"Many have rallied under a banner of Good, and have dedicated themselves to healing the world and restoring the peace and business of this world. However, I fear it will not be enough. The sickness is too powerful for us. We need your aid, o Platinum King. Please, let me bring your power into this world to save your children and the mortals of this world! Use me to heal this world! Make me your Chosen lest evil triumph!"

As he cries out this last request to Bahamut, Aurican rears up and raises his head above the altar. He summons his will and exhales a white hot plume of flame in dedication to his lord. The apparition does nothing, moves nothing of itself, but Aurican knows that it is pleased. He returns his head to the ground.

"Thank you, my Lord". Aurican raises his head once again, and looks around the cavern before turning his gaze to the still present spirit. "Say, Bright Lord, whadda ya know 'bout this Mina girl?"

-------

For Edena to know and the rest of you to figure out:

How long until the Red Army reaches the Blood Waste? Regardless, I'm going to start warming up my Groundpounders and readying them to move. I wish I didn't have to use them yet, but this takes precedence over their original use. However, I may use them for that purpose, eventually... ;)

Here's the NPC that I mentioned before, the one that weilds Wyrmstounge:

Jade Harlyane (NPC, female High Elf, ranger 15 / fighter 15 / sorcerer 5 / Arcane Gunner 10 / Deepwood Marksman 10 / Order of the Rifle Initiate 10, neutral good) PL 2-3?

The last three are Arcane Archer, Deepwood Sniper, and Order or the Bow Initiate, only with guns.

Oerth's Revenge will be primed and ready to go, and Jade will be on standby.

Kalanyr

Explorer
My people will make the sacrifice we will merge with the Red Goo, all of us from Kalanyr down to the Human Commoner who was formerly a zombie serving Ivid. We all merge with the Red Goo and do what we can to release the souls, we put our entire lives and magic and what little divine power Kalanyr has into this.

"Farewell my friends, may our sacrifice mean something"

Remove ads