(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 1)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
WAR

The Empire of Iuz was expecting this move by the Coalition of Light and Shadow.

They ignore the Spelljammers ... they wouldn't last 2 seconds inside that thunderstorm.

But the forces that come against the borders of Iuz find they are expected.

Awaiting them are massed armies of humanoids.
Awaiting them are massed armies of mercenaries.
And above all, awaiting them are the Firelanders, awesome in their power.

The forces of the Coalition of Light and Shadow are driven back, then routed, from the border, as the endless barrage of white hot blasts from the Firelanders takes down hundreds of Faerie.
In bitter retreat, the Coalition of Light and Shadow is forced back into the Vesve Forest.
The Firelanders begin burning the forest, incinerating whole trees instantly with single bursts of fire from their fingers, fire hot enough to make steel glow white and adamantium glow red.

The Kevellond League is under full attack.
The Veng River is no match for the Legions of Iuz.
Mages and clerics simply stop the river, and dry up vast sections of it, despite all attempts to stop them.

Then they lead the charge, Firelanders in their wake, and Gem Dragons overhead, in an onslaught of red death and destruction.
Within 15 minutes of the initial onslaught, both the cities of Grabford and Critwall are in flames, the defenses beaten down, the defenders killed or fled underground.

The War Machine of Iuz rolls into Furyondy.

Special troops teleport ahead, attacking the defenders from behind.
The dragons fly back and forth, blasting exposed defenses, destroying fortresses, laughing at the barrages sent at them by artillery and tanks.

The might of Iuz, is driving into the Vesve Forest, and into Furyondy.
War, has begun.

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
That's the general idea. Plus, I figure that if those angel swords can't cut through Iuz, mine might have a better chance. Plus, my sword alone is 5 times more powerful than most Demigods! :)

Oh edena, the magic using NPCs of Kas' Elite guard will begin long-range (i.e.- not at the battle, or on the very very very friges of it) dispel magic, greater dispelling, and mord's disjunctioning Iuz, in an attempt to get rid of all of his magical defenses. They will also be ready to assist/rescue Kas should something go horribly wrong.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Kas Joins the Battle

Kalanyr - good move. You succeed, and the Red Armada is frustrated in it's efforts to draw yet more power to their cause.

Mr. Draco, Kas cannot touch one of the Angelic Swords - his hand passes right through it as if it did not exist. My regrets.

However, the Sword of Kas is more than delighted to be in this great battle.
The evil artifact thrills to the lightning and thunder, the pounding hail and hurricane force winds, the screams and wails and unearthly noise of the combatants.
Lightning strikes down, and catches the Sword of Kas, and it glows a brilliant purple light, but Kas himself is totally unharmed - in fact, it seems the artifact gave him the lightning's strength, for he feels stronger, more invincible, more unquenchable, than ever before.

Now the Sword of Kas roars to life, spewing negative energy blasts, one after the other, against the Legions of Iuz.
Against the Red Armada, the negative energy is useless, though.

So, soon enough, Kas finds himself in hand to hand combat.
It is a slaughterfest.
There is nobody, except Iuz himself, who can hope to stand up against Kas.
The Sword of Kas cleaves through every weapon put up to stop it, every coat of mail meant to deflect it, every body it was aimed at.
The Sword, like it's owner, revels in the bloodletting.

The Sword, empowered by repeated hits from the lightning, now glowing a brilliant green, is absorbing all the Red Goo and red magic hurled at Kas.

Kas, like an invincible Avatar of Destruction, is chopping his way through the Red Armada, hewing his foes down by the dozens, the scores, the hundreds, and nothing is touching him.

Kas the Legend, the Lieutenant of Vecna, Warrior of the Arcane Age, figure of awe and terror for two thousand years, has returned to the Flanaess, illuminated by lightning, his sword lifted high, red with the blood of a thousand fallen foes.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Permission just granted by Sollir,

Originally Emailed by Sollir Furryfoot
Yes you do, and I'm up to date...but I will start
doing those experiments, logging off the internet
soon...

That means that my forces are going to attack Iuz lands. I guess a 410 PL force should be enough. That is what I send to battle Tokiwong's forces (not the red goo/angel battle which is obviously beyond me). Here we come!

On another subject, has anyone tried diplomatic relations with...

Empire of Aquaria (Humans of unknown kind, oeridian humans, demihumans from the Flanaess, a number of races unknown, monsters of every kind from the MMs, all alignments) PL 40

If they have not been "claimed" I am sending Regina Canities to discuss the current matters with them.

"We are not trying to recruit you as some kind of additional army, we do request your assistance, however. It would be in your best interest to seek the protection of the Elven Nations of Delrune, as the Giants of Heimmont did. We are devoutly protective of our friends. You too, could be our friends. We have never forsaken our truely lawful nature, even as we ally with the League of Warlords. We are dealing with an apocolypse and your aid would be greatly appreciated, even if it was just aid to our magical research which we are desperately requiring. If we do not gain your approval, then so be it, and we will leave for our home nation as we were before. But consider what would happen to you if you stood alone, and foresook the actions currently happening in the world. Do you think the red goo would not notice you? So what do you say, will you join with Delrune and the League of Warlords as our Sea Power?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
No wait, it's just too tempting...

Instead of 410 PL at Tokiwong I change that too reflect this:

405 PL against Tokiwong

5 PL (Sanctus and some other spellcaster) enter battle ALONGSIDE KAS!!!

Now I might be risking my hide, but I have to be there when one man is cutting down HUNDREDS of red goo warriors, and I have to be on that guys side!

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
The true power and glory of the greatest swordsman and warrior in the multiverse shall be known to mortals once again!

Edena, Kas will teleport to where the angels are personally fighting Iuz, there, he will assist them in the battle against Iuz.

-----

Slash, slash, stab, parry, slash, parry, parry, stab, dodge, slash...a thousand times a second, Kas moves blindingly fast, cutting through demon, firelander, and red-form alike. His sword, awash in the blood of his enemies, and empowered by the lightning above slays all it hits. Yet, in the midst of this orgy of destruction and glory, the battle between Iuz and the angels catches Kas' eye. There is my calling, there I am needed. Kas thinks to himself. Teleporting there, he joins the angels in their assault on Iuz...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Eastern Front

The captain of Iuz's forces lifts his sword, then swings it down with great force, and yells:

FIRE!

A hundred catapults loaded to the brim with Red Goo launch their contents.
The Red Goo scatters as it flies through the air, coming down in a rain over a vast section of the attacking force of Creamsteak and Sollir.

The attack shatters and falls apart as hundreds of men cry out, and topple, tumbling end over end on the earth, then sizzling, slumping down into Red Goo.
The very trees glow as the rain strikes them, and then they too slump and melt.
In an instant, a new lake of Red Goo is formed.

Gem Dragons roar over that lake, sending ripples across it, then power dive against the attackers, sending their breath weapons into the elves, into the warlords, scouring great paths of death through their ranks, incinerating them, melting them, turning them to frozen statues.

Massed spells are hurled back at the dragons, but few are hurt, and only one killed, as the draconic spell resistance makes it's presence felt.
But the forces of the League of Warlords and the Delrunian Alliance are not immune to Dragonfear, which seizes hold of many of them.
Soon, vast numbers of them are in retreat, while the braver ones try to hold the shattered offensive line.

Now, the demons and mages of the forces of Iuz come against them in force.
Demons roar in delight as they rip men and women limb from limb, tearing bodies apart, throwing the pieces into the Red Goo lake, stomping other pieces into the ground, shrugging off spell and weapon attacks.
Mages fire lethal necromantic magics, blasting the life out of scores of opponents at once, rotting and withering them where they stand, draining their life force out of them while they scream for help that does not come.

The combined hosts of the League of Warlords and the Delrunian Alliance are driven back with huge losses into Fellreev Forest, which proves to be no protection.

Red Goo and dragon breath melts the trees, while demons toss trees aside like pebbles.

The onslaught of the League of Warlords has turned into a rout.
Those who charged, are now fleeing.
Those who cried victory, are weeping in fear.

Still the forces of Iuz come on, driving in from the north, south, and west, driving the defenders further back, burning the already ravaged Fellreev away.
All morale and discipline collapses; panic sets in, the whole of the army turns to flee eastward, towards the safety of Riftcrag.

Unless ...

Unless they choose to use the enemy's own tactic against him, and throw Red Goo back.
That seems to be the only way of stopping the onslaught of Iuz.

Uvenelei

First Post
Even the best of men can use a little back up every once and a while...
From several miles outside the battlefield, Jade lays prone on a hilltop, aiming the Wyrmstounge into the fray. Through the haze of battle, she singles out Iuz and takes aim. Above her, several dragons patrol the area, watching out for demons or other threats.

"Say goodbye to your existance, demon", she growls as she pulls the trigger.

Edena: Wyrmstounge is operating at the highest power level I can get it up to without harming the planet. 3 shots, all for Iuz, then everyone picks up and leaves.

Aurican and the dragon force will recover after the skirmish in the Boarder Ethereal, then move in to harass Iuz's forces and the Red Army.

edit: On second thought, my dragons will deal exclusively with the enemy dragons present.

Last edited:

Remove ads