(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2a)

If Sanctus is truely a Red Goo monster, Hellmaster himself will attempt to put his soul at rest, but even if Sanctus' PC is dead, I believe that Creamsteak should still play while his ally lives, furthermore, if your PC is dead you don't lose, you just have a replacement PC...

William Ronald

Explorer
creamsteak,

If you have lost your PC, and your power is intact, you can ask Edena if you can promote an NPC or create a new PC. The Ir is getting deadly each turn, and I already asked about this possibility earlier.

Kalanyr,

Retreat is one of the last options. (I only hesitantly suggest it as an option.) We need people to start doing more to save Oerth.

You could also try throwing in ground up Oerthblood metal and have it expelled from gates at high speeds. Even the dust at superspeeds and tremendous heat can be a deadly weapon. (One of the concerns of interstellar travel is the danger that a pebble sized meteor can do a lot of damage to a large ship.)

As I was working on duplicating Gnomeworks nanotech golems, I build some out of Oerthblood metal and equip a few with magical fire spells. They are fired at commanders of the Red Armada.

Production of Oerthblood metal is increased. Non stop activity. I equip tanks and golems with overlapping plates of the metal. (Just rivet it on and begin pounding.)

Festy Dog is given the secret of the Oerthblood metal. He is out for a week, and I do not want him to find he has been overrun.

I make overtures to the Empire of Aquaria asking for their aid. If they can help, I will share the Oerthblood metal knowledge with them. (Okay, they are only 40 PL, but we need everything we can get.)

If they need it, the Angels will be given Oerthblood metal arms and armor. We also try to heal any wounded Angels. (Edena, I actually heard once a story about how long angels live. I believe it may have been in the Kabbalah. According to the tale, angels live 5,000 years and die. They fall into a lake of fire and are reborn anew. I am trying to think of a way to bring back Angels, so this is the best my research can do off the top of my head.)

William Ronald

Explorer
To Beory the Oerth mother, and all spirits of the elements and of nature.

Hazen touches a rock and bends his mind and voice to Beory the Oerth Mother, the spirits of the elements, and the spirits of nature.

'In this hour, Oerth and all her children are in peril. Beory, I ask you to fight for Oerth if divine law allows you to do so. If not, I implore you to ask that the spirits of the elements and of nature join in this fight for the future of Oerth. Spirits of nature and of the elements, I swear that the Oerth Alliance will do all it can to heal the wounds of this world. Technology is not the enemy, but hatred and wanton destruction. We will heal the wounds of Oerth, and make this world a place of even greater wonder and beauty than before."

"I ask you to join the battle against the Red Armada. We know how to fight them, we just need more aid. They have vowed to alter Oerth to fit their whims. I stand with my allies, including the Emerald Order, who will defend Oerth."

"If there is power in Oerth itself to fight this battle, I pray that it shall be so. For all of Oerth and its children are in peril."

(Edena: I presume you read the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant. I am doing my version of the Berek Halfhand speech which caused the Earthpower to reveal itself. If there is any chance of any further aid, I am seeking it. I will only leave Oerth if all hope is lost.)

Kalanyr

Explorer
William- Oerth Metal dust will be used too, I'm just about to encapsulate my PC in Oerthblood metal and shoot him at the Red Armada (if all else fails). Make for a good display. Not doing this yet though.

William Ronald

Explorer
Kalanyr, use everything you got.

The Oerth Alliance is fighting HARD for its homeworld.

The Angels, of course, are given the knowledge of everything we have. Angelic Oerthblood spellbolts must be pretty powerful.

Edena, I know the Crook of Rao was used during the Greyhawk Wars to cause the Flight of Fiends. Can I do this and what would the effect be? Can I just chose the demons working with the Red Armada? Also, if the devils go, how would it effect the battle. More importantly, can the Crook be used to effect the Red Armada similar to how fiends are effected by the flight of fiends.

Although Darkness is not here, I think it would be reasonable to ask that the Cup and Talisman of Al Akbar are put to use. I think they would be VERY effective against the Red Armada.

Uvenelei

First Post
Oerthsblood arms are developed, produced, and deployed en masse. Once Ishtarland is secure, my forces will join with Kalanyr's and aid them in their push across Lyrn towards the Flanaess.

Did the good dragons learn 10th level magic from Kalanyr or not? When the topic was brought up, I said that all of my dragons were going to attend that lecture.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Ok, just remember if this works and blows up a significant portion of Oerth too, you asked for it.

Edena
Can we collect the fallen Angels weapons and armour? If so we make lots of dust out of them as well as a rather large lump of rock through it through the Gate and see what it will do to the Red Armada. (Hopefully it won't do too much damage to Oerth itself).

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Hail Aurican, great Dragonix. To battle we go! Freedom to the Red Armada! Freedom to Oerth! Got anything you feel like having accellerated to an impressive speed, while being heated to an impressive temperature and then shot at the Red Armada? Hmm I wonder is shooting pieces of the Elder Ones would work, I hope you have a few left. I'm going to try the Kitchen Sink if the Pomarj lets me borrow it."

Anabstercorian

First Post
Blow you all to hell

Anabstercorian stares in to the sun. Illithid near him, powerful mages with immense arcane skill, tremble in fear, looking directly at that which they have long loathed.

They are standing on its surface. The air around them is a plasma, the electrons blasted from their nuclei. Only 9th level spells of Protection From Elements (Fire) and Protection From Radiation save them from instantaneous vaporization. But the magic is great - The power is not blocked, but simply redirected in to the Positive Energy Plane where it has no noticable effect.

<< That is power, my friends, >> speaks Anabstercorian. << The power to give life, and the power to take it away. This is where power comes from. Follow me. >>

And he teleports them all to the Core.

You cannot see anything but White in the Core of a sun. Deeper Darkness spells wink out like flimsy gauze thrown over a bonfire. Prismatic Spheres collapse in to their component phlogiston instantaneously. But certain combinations of spells can allow an entity to exist here, if only for an hour or so.

Anabstercorian and the other Illithid are instantly struck blind. They clutch their eyes, their hands swimming through the super-heated plasma like smoke. They wince and bear up, preparing.

<< Begin. >>

They cannot create a Gate to Oerth from here, for simple reasons. A Gate spell is actually a highly distorted sphere, and resists the flow of energy - Those who had the misfortune to be standing directly in front of the gate would be blinded by the light, but little else.

But it is not hard to Teleport Without Error several hundred pounds of fusing hydrogen to the surface of a planet.

This is what they do. And they are doing it with wands crafted by Wayfarers Guildsmen. The fabric of space pops off in to a neat bubble, separate from the flow of time, and moves to the surface of Oerth, over a vast horde of warriors, Red and Living. It ejects its contents, and the warriors are instantly reduced to char.

They do this until they have no more power left in them, and then they return to the Rockjammers. Anabstercorian waits for the next shift of mages to join him, and they return, bombarding the surface of Oerth with stellar plasma.

Elsewhere, the Neothelid, enormous tentacled worms over fifty feet long with immense psionic power, have been altered for space travel and Dominated by Anabstercorian. They wind their sinuous bodies around the largest unused asteroids that the Army of Darkness could find, easily 1000 megaton explosions, and, using telekinesis, slowly begin to drag the massive bulks toward Oerth.

<< The Red Army is a rot. A lesion that must be treated. We shall cauterize the surface of Oerth, and sear the wound shut with molten lava and powdered stone. >>

William Ronald

Explorer
FORRESTER - PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Edena is giving you 7,000 PL to use to help Oerth. You can still help us and do other things as well.

Here is what he wrote earlier:

The United Commonwealth of Toril declares a State of Emergency.
All 10,000 PL of it's forces are at Forrester's immediate disposal.

The Scro Star League offers to send it's 3,000 PL to aid the United Commonwealth.

The civil war in the Eternal Empire ends in midstrike.
They offer their entire remaining 3,000 PL to the United Commonwealth.

The Church of Toril mobilizes fully, it's 1,000 PL at Forrester's disposal.

The halving rule, from Realmspace to Greyspace, is hereby lifted.

Unfortunately, the Torilians still cannot use their 11th level magic in Greyspace ... very unfortunate indeed.

So, can you send in the Scro Star League, the Eternal Empire, and the Church of Toril? I am using every trick I can think of, but some more help would be appreciated.

Even apart from the UC of Toril troops, you have enough power to make a difference. The Angels are fighting hard, but are beginning to die. One third of their numbers have fallen.

Edena, if there is a way to revive the dead Angels, I will attempt to do so - assuming that I am not putting innocents at risk.

If Melkor or Iuz appears, Hazen will try to attack them, assuming that it is possible to reach them. (No suicide plays just to reach them.)

Also, you can build groundpounders like Uvenelei did to handle incoming threats from space. (I will try to keep any incoming asteroids away from Oerth Alliance territory.)

Last edited:

Remove ads