(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2b)

Gurdjieff

First Post
I think Positive Energy should be on all of our stuff now. It seems that the red army is vulnerable there. I recall someone earlier mentioning positive energy vulcanos, but that could of course be everything... positive energy thunderstorms, PE earthquakes, PE twisters raging over the battlefield....

Kalanyr

Explorer
I use Upper Planar energy but it seems to have much the same effect. Wonder if we could make armour and weapons out of pure (Positive/Good/Etc) energy?

Last edited:

William.

Further actions from me can me expected as soon as Edena answers a mail of me in full.

he needs to answer a old email with creative ideas that needed creative answers, this might well be the time to send them because they might come in handy, no I know they will :) If I don't get the reply to my plans and ideas and my newly mailed questions then

It seems I'll just have to wait, 20 miles of solid rock is a bit of a problem :)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Hey Forsaken.

I'd get you out but I'm busy fighting for my life. If I get out of such a situation I'll do what I can.

Black Omega

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Hey Forsaken.

I'd get you out but I'm busy fighting for my life. If I get out of such a situation I'll do what I can.
I might be able to help, it sounds like with the forest coming alive to lay the smackdown on the Red Army I might have a little breathing space. Besides, happy to help out the Unseelie.;)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Hidy hoe neighboureenoes!, I've recovered from illness and I'm back from a brief holiday so if someone could be sooooo kind as too explain my ppls condition. As far as I can tell I'm under siege by something known as the red army, this is probably red goo ppls, little help on explaining a few things?

zouron

First Post
Attack? Not a chance!

William:

Actually I am not a member of the Union of Worlds, I rfused to give military assistance and I refused Mina's leadership. I did say we would be willing to trade and that Mina could preach in our territory on equal with anyone else since we do not surpress religious belief.

Edena:

The Eternal Union will use its forces to clean up the destructions, building shelters, and somewhat off the coast the wizards will be creating walls of force at regurlar intervals (basically super strong magical wave breakers) to avoid the worst of the next tsunami.

Also there will be cast acid fog spells high in the air to clean it of super heated ash, and various small scale air elementals will be used to guide as much as possible of the ashes etc away.

We will not be launching an attack against Anab, but will be ready for one.

(posted both here and in the old thread)

zouron

First Post
Well you say if you don't fight for it you don't deserve it, but then again why fight a lost battle? I cannot think straight enough to come up with a decent battle plan let alone how to make my puny standing army have an effect!

Now you might not know this but I hate really really hate using nukes for any reason no matter what! and currently it seems the rest talk about nuclear arms as if they are well just another conventional weapon, nukes are not! I stand firm behind that opinion.

Thirdly you and more then a few otehrs demand I act now here and luckily ten minutes ago, I don't like that, I don't take orders well, and I am not a soldier in anyones army in this game I control an independen nation. I am fully aware of what the red army does, but it seems everyone is just giving up every bit of research of what really can hurt the rd army to stop it just for a brief second... what really hurts it is 11th level magic, well if everyone quit their research for two rounds or so I will be close or have that magic (especially since the research is time 12 at the moment (due to the 1 year long turn) and my research team is huge!)

Thirdly might be me to view this, but lots of you are suppose to be allies yet you have no decent or even halfly discussed battle plan, any army straight up here told (because only tactic are used if we say so) cannot resist these superior forces, but say you have one player whom bounces off creating innovative ideas for combatting red goo, one that produces weapons of war that are effective... forget close combat weapon make cannons, tanks airplanes etc, or crossbows or whatever fits your level. anythign range works!
the next corrilation of players the ones with best defense rating are of course in the heat of battle, not to stop the red army dead, sorry that is beyond you still but to slow them down continuing making life a living hel for them.
the next have a supportive role and the rest does gurrilla warfare.

it is all about spreading the roles and do what the rest are best at. and kalanyr, edena told you could clean away potions of red goo with tens level magic... why haven't you been doing that? much better then a headless attempt.

just remember a team as you are fighting in doesn't win by everyone doing everything they win if everyone has a speciality soemthing they do better then anyone else, and combining the team they do everything.

think about tactics and team work make a team but don't do the same things as every other member. you can win even by conventional war, and I am sure edena agrees here.

remember without thought you get killed, without order you all get killed, with order some get killed some don't.

baatezus have practice battle tactics for ages and won as much as they lost against the tanar'ri whom outnumber them in each battle by more then 100 to one. tactics is all that gives the difference.

Remove ads