(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2b)

Posted by William Ronald:

It wasn't in the Silmarillion. Or the Lord of the Rings. It was Tolkien's message of hope, courage, and sacrifice in his works that make them literature, not just his considerable linguistic skills.

Well superiority of Good is one thing I DON`T like in Tolkien, Melkor`s rebellion against Iluvatar has no chance to suceed.

Also posted by William Ronald:

It was Tolkien's message of hope, courage, and sacrifice in his works that make them literature, not just his considerable linguistic skills.

I didn`t get this message, in my real life I NEVER made a sacrifice for another person, and I don`t intend to.

William Ronald

Explorer
Anabstercorian, please try to avoid devastating the planet.

You have a good reason to do so in character.

Dead thralls are no fun for illithids.:D

The Red Armada is a lot worse than Vecna. They are not insane to the point of making bad strategic decisions. Do not underestimate the Red Armada.

Edena: I think that we may need some new players. Maybe wait a few days and start a thread calling for them in the General RPG Discussion and In Character forums.

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Melkor:

I am giving you a and Tokiwong a chance to win. However, do not expect any cheap and easy victories.

I have as much right to rally my allies as you do. I have the right to do what I wish in the IR. If you can launch nukes, betray your allies, and move from lawful evil to chaotic evil, I guess I have the right to act.

I will not sit on my rear and do nothing.

You showed up and declared war on my forces, remember. Well, payback is hell. Especially in Chicago.

You should be glad that I am not as ruthless as Al Capone. He probably would send a hit squad over to Lodz. :D (That is a joke, Melkor. I do go out of character sometimes.)

Sacrifice has value in real life. Ask the people who fought at Normandy. Or, closer to home, some workers in Gdansk. (There are a lot of Polish people in Chicago, so growing up, I was aware of a lot going on in your homeland.)

You are only alive because someone sacrificed some resources to keep you alive. Whether it was family or a government agency or a charity, all of us humans are alive only because someone took an interest in making a sacrifice on our behalf as individuals.

I hope you learn the meaning of sacrifice if you become a parent. Otherwise, your children will be a burden on your society.

No personal criticism is meant. I am merely discussing the value of sacrifice.

Melkor, I actually like the way you are playing your character. You have a great deal of passion, and I respect that.

However, I will not make life easy for you in the IR. I can be a very dangerous opponent in character.

You have made the mistake of betraying Mina. Mina is far more ruthless than you know. Indeed, I suspect Mina will try to hunt you down. Indeed, you have pretty much eliminated any possible allies with the exception of Tokiwong and maybe Maudlin. (Maudlin, if he returns, may stick with Mina. Mina will probably try to make a HORRIFIC example of your character. What she will likely do cannot be posted on these boards, but can be described in a U.N. report on torture.)

William I referred to your post about seeking new players, which doesn`t make sense to me at this point.

And when did I state that I am Lawful Evil? Or act lawfully?

And I don`t intend to have children, too much problem and responsibility.

Tokiwong

First Post
Yeah new players at this point? I have to agree... with Melkor... oh well Hey Melkor keep up the good work... I like it... even if we have pretty much turned every power against us... :D

Last edited:

Remove ads