(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 2b)

(especially since the research is time 12 at the moment (due to the 1 year long turn) and my research team is huge!)

Sorry zouron to bust your dream but the Civ advance and the Magic Arms race advance at same rate. You get the same advance in 10 threads now instead of 2.

Sorry dude :)

and kalanyr, edena told you could clean away potions of red goo with tens level magic... why haven't you been doing that?

He has been doing that for 2.5 turns now...

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Zouron-I'd like to point out that us getting 11th level magic doesn't matter two hoots if Oerth is a pile of red goo. We fight and we suffer so a bunch of cowards can hide in their bases and come out next turn and kill us all.

That is why I did what I did and failed miserably and lost a lot of PL because of the Melkor's activity and Serpenteyes inactivity.

On the bright side at least one of my allies will have 11th level magic next turn anyway. :cool:

Edena!

Gates are opened from my Lunar Base to the side of the main battle on Oerth( was it in Furyondy?). ALL the remaining Shade come through it, led by Melkor`s Avatar. My civilization advancement is abandomed, there will be NO tomorrow. Only a pl of 230, but I have highest attack/defense in the game. Then they all MERGE with Red Goo, embracing true evil, ultimate hatred, desire for oblivion and charge at forces of Anti-Red Army Alliance, while new City OF The Shade( thanks to 10th level magic I can lift mountains from the sky), high in the sky, fires it massive firepower- hundreds of mighty Negative Energy Accumulators, tens of thousands wizards, armed with 10th level magic, Red Goo Catapults. Melkor himself leads the assault:

-Attack! Victory is close and soon Oerth, and then entire multiverse will be fred form Good, and ALL Light shalll BE estuinqushed, and Suffering will rule supreme, than Eternal Night!

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Hey i just like the action so far alot of fun.... glad to be back no real plans outside total massive destruction

Last edited:

Uvenelei

First Post
If this turn is a year long, how much time has gone by since this massive battle has started? This is IMPORTANT for me.

Also, where is the Army of Darkness hiding throughout all of this?

William Ronald

Explorer
A message from the God Emperor

Serpenteye sent this to me. He asked me to post it.

Hi William!
I have a favour to ask of you. Could you post this on the EN-Board? I'd
really appreciate it.
--
I'm sorry I've not been able to post lately but I've lost my password to the
EN-Boards (and MR Draco's indisposed). I had to delete my temporary internet
files to get more available space on my hard drive. When I did that I also
(I'm such a moronic bastard) deleted the cookie that contained my password
to the boards. I requested a new password yesterday but I'm still waiting.

I've noticed that the Union of Oerth has been made a scapegoat for
everything bad that has happened to Oerth this turn. Yes, I could have
sacrificed my pc and my entire faction in the Blood Waste. I knew OOC that
they would probably be saved somehow. However, I had no reason to believe
that IC. It would have been horrible role playing to have my character
commit suicide, for any reason.

You keep writing that the Union of Oerth is doing nothing to fight the Red
Army. That is simply not true. Yes, we have most of our power tied up in
research. There is nothing I can do about that, and even if I could it would
be incredibly foolish to send my entire (insignificant and easily killed)
2700pls against 30000pls of Red Armies. There is simply no way we could win
(My armies are not incorporeal, I do not have 10th level magics, I do not
have super-elves from space, we do not grow more powerful when we're nuked,
I don't even have oerthblood).

Regardless of how many pls (and we have committed 440ppts, over half of our
available power) we have still done more to combat the enemies of Oerth than
most other factions. The God Emperor brought the Devils to Oerth, the Devils
who are now fighting side by side with the Angels against the Demons and the
Red Army, the Devils who are sacrificing their lifes to strike against their
ancient demonic enemies.

And now, because of our uncompromising hostility towards the Red Armies, the
Union of Oerth is destroyed. Most of our territory is submerged under the
ocean, blown up by volcanoes, turned to red goo or broken by oearthquakes.
We have payed a higher price than any other faction for our loyalty to
Oerth.

Kalanyr, you have no reason to fear us. All I forsee for the future of the
Union of Oerth and the God Emperor is doom. Doom at the hands of the Red
Army and their slaves, or doom at the hands of the Oerth Alliance and your
servants. There is nothing I can do to prevent that fate. All that remains
for my faction is death. Maybe MR Draco has some plan that could save us,
maybe he knows something I do not, but I have nothing.

All I can do is ask William to let the UO borrow his excellent tactics and
weapons to help us in our struggle against the Red Army. If he does give us
the secrets of Oerthblood we will immediately start massproduction of
oerthblood military equipment and copy every brilliant strategy the the
Kevellond are using against our mutual enemies. Logically, that should be
vastly insufficient to give us victory, but since when was the IR logical?
;)
We will also copy Uvenelei's groundshakers. Their design is as simple as it
is ingenious and it should be relatively easy to copy them. We will be
searching the battlefield for remains of the devices and we scried the
battle extensively.

Serpenteye

PS: I appologize for my rudeness and self-pity, I've had a very bad week. DS

William Ronald

Explorer
Zouron:

I have been busy and have posted a few tactics. When you have an army at your front door, you have to fight.

I ask the Oerth Alliance members to go to our new forums, where Edena has posted, and develop strategies. I have suggested a few.

Everyone:

If I seem a little irate, it is because my forces have been fighting hard and losing men. Long ago, I figured that SOME PEOPLE have a strategy of letting everyone else fight and they pick up the spoils.

I am not going to let that happen.

Oerth Alliance members, I need you to post more.

Melkor, Hazen will be glad to meet you with his forces and destroy you utterly. You should enjoy the oblivion you wish for others. As someone who appreciates Tolkien, I find it ironic that you claim that evil is stronger and smarter. It wasn't in the Silmarillion. Or the Lord of the Rings. It was Tolkien's message of hope, courage, and sacrifice in his works that make them literature, not just his considerable linguistic skills.

Serpenetye: If you are fighting the Red Armada, then you can have the secret of Oerthblood. The groundpounders are Uvenelei's secret and are pretty much a space only weapon.

Some of us have abandoned our research to fight this war. Because of your inaction and that of Mr. Draco, Kalanyr lost a third of his people.

Now, let me throw in a little history. During the Cuban missile crisis, someone suggested that President Kennedy nuke the Cuban missile bases. We now know, thanks to the end of the Cold War, that there were 20,000 Russian technical workers and military at those bases. If those men would have died, Russia would have launched a nuclear attack.

Based on human history, I don't think it is likely that Kalanyr will forgive you.

Uvenelei

First Post
The remains from the battlefield are just twisted lumps of steel and glass shards; all the working components were teleported back to me after the devices went off. But they're still easy to make on your own. Oh, and the occasional Elder One bits I missed. They're fun to play with, but don't use them as doorstops. When I did, the doorway became non-Euclidean, and it took me hours to get out of my office.

Yeah, you may not be able to win on your own with your 2700 PL, but you may be able to help eveyone else fight them. Whatever you're researching will be worthless if the Red Armada wins, because with their massive PL they could have a dozen Karsus's running around breaking the world by the time you get back with whatever you've developed.

I mean, look at me. I've got 300 or so PL moving against the Red Armada. I'm fighting alongside the Drow and the Fey; I'm like a twelve year old boy with a BB gun storming the beaches at Normandy. However, the Armada just gets more powerful when we don't work together to stop it, and putting everything you have into the fight, while the numbers won't predict victory for us, may have more of an effect than you think it would.

William Ronald

Explorer
Answers and even more questions

Hello,

Here are some answers:

Oerthblood is a naturally occurring substance on Oerth. It can be used to make items of great power, and some artifacts have been made from it.

Red Goo is essentially a mixture of blood, souls, emotion, and Oerth blood.

Kalanyr and several others were willing to merge with the Blood Wastes to heal them. (Hazen was prepared to accept 200 lashes with a whip from Mina to get her help.) Mr. Draco and Serpenteye delayed any decision. This gave Melkor time to NUKE the Blood Wastes and create a 3 million PL army of angry spirits. Kalanyr lost one-third of his people, having abandoned his research to try to save the planet.

Previously, Tokiwong said the empire of Iuz would join the Red Armada. Mina is fighting the Red Armada, as the One God she worships (Takhisis or Tiamat as she is called in most campaigns) does not want a dead world, but one with living worshippers.

Some of these forces have invaded your lands, Festy Dog.

The Union of Oerth largely remained in its secret retreat, continuing its research. Mina has yet to comment on their actions, but they are fighting to a degree.

The inaction of many people led Edena to declare that the Red Army could cause massive environmental damage to Oerth. If Maudlin returns, the map is going to be a lot different.

Anabstercorian dropped hundreds of pounds of fusing hydrogen from the Sun's core on Oerth to kill Red Armada troops and their foes alike. This essentially disintegrated a 30 mile radius each time it was done. Environmental damage continued to spread.

The Sun was warded by mages casting anti-teleportation protections.

After several pleas from Hazen in character and from me out of character, Forrester arrived. He has 6,000 PL of troops and is watching Anabstercorian to make sure he is not trying to shut down the sun. (Is the sun back to normal yet, Edena? It went a weird purple when the Elder Ones showed up.) Forrester is gathering quantities of fusing hydrogen, hopefully smaller quantities of hydrogen, to use as weapons. (Forrester, PLEASE use smaller quantities of fusing hydrogen. I do not need a ruined planet. Also, poor Maudlin has enough map work if he comes back.:D )

Post what you are doing and when the new thread starts, just cut and paste.

Oerth Alliance members, over to the new forums. Post a few more strategies. Also, if any inactive players are reading this, post if you are coming back or not. Edena has invited everyone back. If someone who is not in the IR wishes to join, please post here and let Edena know. Also, post to the thread that Edena will create.

Remember, posting equals action. Action can mean victory. My actions have lead to all the Red Army being kicked out of my lands.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Welcome, Forrester!

Anabstercorian smiles through the blinding whiteness of the Core, looking at Forrester's vague psychic image. << It's good to see you, old friend! >>

<< Indeed it is, >> responds Forrester, unable to speak without telepathy. <<< Let's teach this red twits what it means to mess with the best. We took down Vecna together. This'll be a piece of cake. >>

Anabstercorian nods. << Let's rock. >>

Remove ads