• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 3)

Kalanyr

Explorer
I doubt the 20PL sacrifice thing will work again Forrester or the Artifact thing. (Thank all the Gods). If they do then we have a justification for pulling the same stunt only in the opposite direction.

(Interesting about that fusing hydrogen, who the heck needs nukes or catastrophes?)

Since Ishtarland is all we have left I want to get rid of every trace of red goo there.

Any walking forests that want in are welcome in my bit of Ishtarland, some where to rest the tired root systems ;).

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz, God of War and Destruction

Iuz continues to spread the faith in this world and the next...

Iuz, God of Destruction and War

Portfolio: War, destruction, slaughter, conflict, bloodshed, demons, Red Scourge, Chaos, Chaos, Neutral, Evil alignments, Pleasuring Concubines, Firelanders, Cleansing Flame
Domains: Chaos, Darkness, Destruction, Death, Evil, Tyranny, and War
Symbol: Red Hand burning in cleansing fire...

OOC: Continuing to spread the faith, among orcs, demons, any race that prides itself in conflict and war... and destruction... though he does not reveal his truly nihilistic beliefs to any but the TRULY faithful (i.e. High Ranking fervent zealosly loyal priests) throughout the worlds excluding Krynnspace and Toril, but anywhere else is fair game...

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Forrester,

I believe the phrases "collateral damage" and "friendly fire" apply here. You destroyed the Red Army, our armies, and much of Oerth in the process.

There was a way to win without blowing everyone up. Oerthblood weapons would have worked. I would have given them to you. You had more than one option open to you. You just took one that hit EVERYONE in the IR but you and Anabstercorian. You also nuked the Angels, who are none too pleased with you or anyone else at the moment.

I am not whining. Put the shoe on the other foot for a moment.

Your help would be appreciated. You bear some responsibility for the damage, as do others. Melkor, Iuz, and Anabstercorian bear a lot of the blame as well.

Uvenelei

First Post
Forrester said:

First you want help. Then, when I help kill the 100,000PL Red Army, you bitch and moan about it. What's up with that?

Maybe I missed it, but could you point exactly who was bitching and moaning about the destruction of the Red Army, and where said bitching and moaning occurred?

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz contemplates and then sends a message to Hazen, "I shall begin by doing away with any flowery discourse and move to the heart of the matter..."

Iuz shifts on his throne, "Mistakes have been made, and my own has been the worse a bitter betrayal that has only damned this world for lust of power... I made a devil's bargain... for lust of power I damned Oerth... reparations must be made..."

Iuz scowled, "My empire, or what is left has much to atone for, I have begun to build anew... the madness must end... I said I seek balance... but to truly embrace oblivion... is madness... where shall we start to make Oerth whole... perhaps it is time we truly begin to rely on ourselves..."

Iuz thinks for a moment, "Your hatred of is justified, I am fiend... I do not claim to be otherwise... but to destroy this world... I say nay... I must not... I will not. Perhaps it is time we the powers of Oerth meet and discuss the path for the future... if you say nay I understand... the wounds are fresh... we cannot let such madness happen again... what say you, Angel?"

Last edited:

Iuz, can we join our cults?

Edena, as I said before Red Goo that I posess is constantly strenghtened with Negative Energy. I also try to make a deal with denizens of Lower Planes, especially Demons, in exchange for tormented souls, I will give them Nuclear Level Technology. Than I will try to merge all these millions of petitioners into Red Goo, than awaken it! How succesful are these efforts. DO my NPC`s also increase in power after merging with RED Goo?

Tokiwong

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:
Iuz, can we join our cults?

Edena, as I said before Red Goo that I posess is constantly strenghtened with Negative Energy. I also try to make a deal with denizens of Lower Planes, especially Demons, in exchange for tormented souls, I will give them Nuclear Level Technology. Than I will try to merge all these millions of petitioners into Red Goo, than awaken it! How succesful are these efforts. DO my NPC`s also increase in power after merging with RED Goo?

I don't see why not... start a mini-pantheon

Kalanyr

Explorer
In Northern Ishtarland well hidden from scrying magics

Kalanyr, walks shedding tears., his wings hung low and his skin seems a pall and unhealthy green, the aura of power that surrounds him coils and swirls occassionally lashing out and trying to repair damage to the surroundings.

"The very planet itself is wounded, its agony pulses throughout the land. So much of what we fought for now lays in ruins around our feet. My Lady and Freedom, preserve what is left, I beg of you. And to make things worse we have an army of Drow and Illithid here SOMEWHERE waiting to bring death or enslavement to us all."

Behind him a group of winged drow and yuan-ti cluster and watch Kalanyr, despite all that has happened and his occasionaly depressed fits over the past 6 months none of them have seen him so depressed.

Suddenly he looks up, a fire burns in his eyes and power flairs around him.

"We have fought hard until now and I'll be damned if we give up now! We will fight what comes with everything we have and if we do not live at least we will know that others will see freedom. Send forces to get Silverphase out of the god blasted whole he is buried in! See if you can get Vaeregoth out of that landslide."

" I hope to see Siobhan soon but there is so much to do and I am sure she is fine the faerie know how to handle themselves."

To Archcleric Hazen:

Showing our forces in battle to aid you in helping destroy the red goo, will you teach the League of the Warlords the secret of Oerthblood so that we may use it in dealing with this red goo menace?

Mr. Draco

First Post
Mr. Draco here, finally back.

Well, I'm glad to see that Oerth wasn't blown up while i was gon... Wait a minute, it WAS blown up while i was gone. hm... that definately puts a major dampner on alot of my plans. Well, i'll put a much more detailed post up in the morning (my time, in 10 hours), but for now, the union of oerth is working very hard on the continuation of the plans that i outlined it the "ir, live or die" thread. Also, our mages will begin using what magic they can to gradually increase the gravity of oerth. (i.e.- alot of their spells will be shunted into oerth gravitational field to strenghten it) Not only this, but we will take a large stockpile of Oerthblood and move it to luna, "injecting" it into the moon's crust, and attempting to use it directly to cancel out the red goo.

Also, edena, you said that many other's attained full divinity, what about the God-Emperor and Kas? Seeing how at least Kas was fighting the whole time, and likely the god-emperor also, AND they are both part of the pantheon of the Union of Oerth, they should gain something.

Finally, for the destruction of the Sword of Kas. I've only worked out the "harmful" destruction part. If the sword of Kas is shattered by either Vecna or Kas (nobody else can do this, as part of the life energies of Vecna and Kas were used in its creation), then all the magical energy used in its creation, along with all of the energy of every being it has slayed, ever, is released in a blast of pure energy of titannic proportions.

There is a way to destroy it that's non-harmful, but i still am working on the details of it, and i'll post it in the morning.

One last step, but i need some questions answered for it first. Firstly, is Oerthblood just the opposite of Red-goo? i.e.- it acts in much the same manner, just opposite alignment wise? If so, then experiments will be done with merging being with the Oerthblood. Edena, let me know how those go.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads