• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 3)

Gurdjieff

First Post
Uvenelei, Edena

Maybe I've just missed it, but about your groundpounders:
In the Gate spell description, under "Planar Travel", there's a notice to the spell. "Both gates can not be on the same plane". So, hate to break your bubble, but you've just destroyed the elders with something you aren't capable of making with 9th ^_^. As said earlier, I don't know if you had a solution to this, but just thought of it.

Edena, my Shade start to worship Iuz alongside me!

My portfolios:
Evil, Chaos, Darkness, Hatred, Red Doom( my name for Red Goo), , Suffering, Oblivion/Destruction.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Second Touch

The DM looks at the posts above.
Posts filled with IC anger.
Filled with violence, a promise of violence, a promise of death.
Posts filled with IC hatred and a desire for revenge.
Filled with callousness, a disregard for life, an unwillingness to accept responsibility for actions committed.
Filled with excuses, with justifications, rationalizations for the destruction of whole lands, whole worlds.
And some posts, filled with an eager lust from violence and destruction, for evil and darkness.

- - -

The following happens across all of Greyspace (Oerth), Krynnspace (Krynn), and Realmspace (Toril.)

What happens now, cannot be reversed by any magic or science.
What happens now, cannot be reversed by any known game mechanics in existence.
What happens now, can only be reversed by certain actions taken, over a very long period of time.

What happens now, is forever - unless said actions are begun immediately (that is, unless within the next 100 posts I hear a change, the chance to reverse the process is lost.)

Everyone in the IR, and everyone period in those three Crystal Spheres, be they the least powerful commoner or the Gods themselves, or be they the most innocent of children or the most horrific of criminals, manifests the change.
Nobody is spared, nobody is exempt; the power that has been awakened, does not differentiate.

A strange mist envelops first Greyspace, then Krynnspace, then Realmspace.
The mist dims the sun by day, the stars by night, flowing in ethereal streamers through Wildspace, through the atmosphere, through the living rooms of people's homes.
It is not thick, not obscuring enough to be more than an annoyance.

However, this mist cannot be dispelled.
All efforts to dispel it fail.
All efforts to keep it out of a particular area, fail.
Not even 11th level magic has any effect on it whatsoever.

The source of the mist, is unknown.
No magic or science can discover the source of the mist, which appears to be coming out of nowhere.

The mist has no other effects than the above.

- - -

All the races, be they human, demihuman, humanoid, faerie, unseelie, illithid, drow, monstrous, dragon, or other, enjoy the following changes:

If you are good:

You gain most of the benefits of the spell Lifeproof.
You can now take any amount of physical damage, and you will not die.
However, you can still be incapacitated by sufficient damage, and if you are vaporized, the vapor - although alive - isn't going to be able to do much.

Most importantly, your ability to feel pain (and all other sensations, including pleasure) is greatly enhanced, and this new ability in no way protects you from pain.
So, if you suffer what would be a fatal injury normally, or if you would normally be dying of a terrible illness, you go on living ... and suffering.

If you are neutral:

You enjoy the permanent ability to regenerate 1 hit point per turn.
You cannot be killed - if you are vaporized, you will simply take a long time to regenerate.
You stop aging. You cannot die of old age.
You become immune to all natural disease.

Quite a gift, huh?

You will never enjoy the Afterlife. Life, for good or bad, is a prison from which you will never escape.
You cannot be harmed by disintegration, or disintegration like effects, nor will Temporal Stasis or Time Stop affect you - you are required to go on living, whether you want to or not.

If you are evil:

You gain all of the abilities of Nilbogism.
Everytime someone does one hit point of damage to you, you gain one hit point, with no limit to the number of hit points you can gain in this fashion.
The extra hit points go away at the rate of one per minute.

You also gain the ability to enjoy pain (actually - you don't gain it, you are forced to take this gift, whether you want it or not.)
The more pain, the more pleasure you feel.

You don't need to pleasure yourself with normal pleasure anymore - pain is the most powerful of all sensations, and you can revel in it, and it will never grow stale, and you will never become sated.

You also cannot die or grow old, like those who are neutral, but in your case, an extra bonus is added in:

Think of your alignment in terms of a 1 to 9 (least evil to most evil.)
Think of your alignment in terms of a 1 to 9 (least chaotic to most chaotic.)
So, if you were a 1, 1, you'd be just short of lawful neutral, while if you were a 8, 5, you'd be strongly neutral evil.

Now, judge your character, and give him numbers appropriate to the above scale.

Now, shift both of those numbers up one place, to the most evil and most chaotic possible.
The 1, 1 above becomes 2, 2. The 8, 5, becomes 9, 6.

When your number reaches 9, 9, please tell me - you lose your character forever (this includes characters who are Powers or demipowers.)
He or she becomes an insane monster, under my control, permanently.
The same applies to all your followers who are evil, except I am the one who determines when they reach 9, 9, not you.

Of course, your number has shifted only once, right?
Right.
Until the next touch. When it will shift again - and not by 1 place, oh no ... the next shift gets larger, and the next shift gets larger yet.

- - -

As for the Red Goo, well ... let us say that no tarrasque that ever lived is being more voraciously fed, more pumped up in strength, more gorged with endless food and drink, awash beyond perhaps even it's capacity to take it all in quickly.

The first thin streamers of Red Goo appear on both the worlds of Krynn and Toril.

Trust me when I say the Red Goo did not transplant itself.
I think you know very well what did. Where do you think all that mist is coming from?

- - -

Oh, one more thing.
It is still possible to travel from the three Crystal Spheres to other Crystal Spheres, and other Planes of existence.
But it isn't as easy to do so, now, as it was.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Oh deary me and I thought Melkor was bad. (See Edena this is why we don't fight and prefer diplomacy and civ advance instead)

We throw a big party and invite everyone, we spare no expense to keep people happy. We decide to rebuild and cancel the plan to kill our foes. We send people to help other people rebuild.

The Tarrasque gives party rides. Much good wine is sent to the Union of Oerth, and Melkor and Iuz and everybody else.

Happy music is played. Dances are held across the country we put on fireworks displays. We paint pretty pictures and farm organically. We compose music.

(OOC- Gee, I think I just snapped from stress anyone want to join me?)

(Still OOC-Just gotta say it: Sucks to be Good. ;) )

(In Character stuff starting when I get my thoughts together on this)

(Um people of Good,Neutral and Evil (but want to survive) alignments now is a good time to do nice things and think happy thoughts)

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Effective immediately.

No more fighting from the Coalition. Forget Iuz's followers. The real 'fight' has just begun. And it must involve peace, love and forgiveness. People are sent to the temples to pray. Presents of wine, delicaciesand baubles are sent to Iuz and Melkor.

This will be a time of peace, settling old scores peacefully, promoting brotherhood. Vesve is open to all to visit (save Melkorand Iuz, but their people will only be barred magically, no violence). Whether Union of Oerth, Unseelie or whoever. We ask only that you come in peace.

It'salso a good time for fae revels. Who says the bad guys are the only one's allowed orgies.:) Hey Kal, wanna drop by? Siobhan's ready to work on that 'Make love, not war' thing.:)
------------------------------
Just read Kal's post, Siobhan visiting him is good too.:)

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Black Omega said:
Effective immediately.
Who says the bad guys are the only one's allowed orgies.:) Hey Kal, wanna drop by? Siobhan's ready to work on that 'Make love, not war' thing.:)
------------------------------
Just read Kal's post, Siobhan visiting him is good too.:)

Heh quiet true, only the Chaotic and/or the Evil are allowed orgies. ;)

Hmm well considering the previous mass displays of uninhibited reproductive behaviour involved someone haveing their heart removed, I think the less violent ones will go down well.

Feel free to join the party, all. :D

So do we bring the Vesve to Ishtarland or vice versa?

(Because I feel whimsical: Is a child of Kalanyr's and Siobhan's a Half-Celestial Seelie or a Half-Seelie Solar ? :confused: )

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Kalanyr said:

Heh quiet true, only the Chaotic and/or the Evil are allowed orgies. ;)

Hmm well considering the previous mass displays of uninhibited reproductive behaviour involved someone haveing their heart removed, I think the less violent ones will go down well.

Feel free to join the party, all. :D
Just remember, peace and fun. No removing hearts, please.;) And to be fair, the Coalition has all sides on this. The lawful and devout can pray. The fun and Fae can party.:)

So do we bring the Vesve to Ishtarland or vice versa?
Oh...good question. A few gates to connect the parties?

(Because I feel whimsical: Is a child of Kalanyr's and Siobhan's a Half-Celestial Seelie or a Half-Seelie Solar ? :confused: )
Wow, good question! I guess...Half-Celestrial Seelie. you are the more divine of the two right now.:) They'll have to find out the hard way to be sure though.;)
------------------------------------------------------------
And we'll join in offering asisstence to those rebuilding after all this destruction.

More to the point, with the gifts, a message to Iuz the Old
"The Coalition of Light and Shadows sends greetings and wishes for peace. We apologize for the attack upon your landsand your temples. Reparations will be made. the time has passed for such emnity between us. We wortked together for a time. We've fought for a time. It's time that wheel turned full circle back to peace. We would like to propose a peace conference as a way of possibly settling our differences without the destruction of this world."

A similar message is sent to Melkor as well. An invitation to peace and to a peace conference. After all, if the other side can't die, you can't very well sacrifice anyone.

I'm singling out Melkor and Iuz, but the peace conference is a good idea for everyone. Oerth Alliance, Union, Forsaken, Valkys, etc. In the long run what's going on benefits none of us. Perhaps we can't create a world of unending peace. But we need to do something and do it now.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Gates sound good. Better start constructing them I guess.

I'm all for the Lawful and the devout praying, I think I like the partying better though.

Hmm, noticed you said at the moment with the divine bit, you going for ascension too? If so let Kal know he's always willing to lend a hand.

Long IC post being typed now.

Remove ads