(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 3)

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz returns to his secret retreat and begins work immediately on training his remaining forces in the Red Goo... any that we still hve we are using... hoping to dra out its growing power... the world is nearly done... time to tip it over the edge...

"He who makes the World tremble... what is your will?" the servant said nervously...

Iuz turned his attention to the servant, "What is your name?"

"I... Ive... Ivesh... a humble... wiz... wizard..." the firelander replied...

"Ivesh... your predecessor Malachai has died... vaporized for the greater cause... see to it that his death is not in vain... begin an immediate cultivation of the Red Scourge (Red Goo), I want all of my forces outfitted and well versed in its power..." Iuz replied as he sat upon his throne, his concubines smiling laying at his feet nude.

"But... it.. It..." Ivesh tried to replied before feeling his blood start to cool... rapidly...

Iuz smiled, "Betrayed me... no less then I would have done to it..." he cocks his head slightly, "If you value your life then you will act and not question your god."

Ivesh bowed, prostrating himself at the mercy of Iuz, "My God... I am humbled a million times over..."

Iuz nodded, "Then go... I want the Red Scourge to rise again... and... we shall poison not only this world fully but spread its power though out the planes... contact the Lords of the Abyss... I wish to know how much they would give for a weapon that feeds off of bloodshed and murder... my only price will be servitude... to my divine Power... and they can have as much of the Red Scoruge as they like..."

Ivesh nodded and quickly left to his duties... as Iuz satisfied his more baser instincts...

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Posted by Melkor
Edena, how becoming a Red Goo being changed my Avatar? Did he grew in power? Do I possess knowledge how to create Red Goo?

OOC: Likewise I too merged with the Red Goo did I gain any new abilities over it... since I spent quite some time merged with the Red Goo before ascendance...

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
You people like to ask a lot of questions.

Melkor

Edena, how becoming a Red Goo being changed my Avatar? Did he grew in power? Do I possess knowledge how to create Red Goo?

ANSWER: Melkor's Avatar increases to PL 100. You do not gain the knowledge of how to create Red Goo - although it should be OBVIOUS how Red Goo is created. What created it in the first place?

- - -

'o Skoteinos

Edena, you told me it would work...and now, you're telling me to wait to Turn 7...

ANSWER: Yes.

Are they still alive? If they are, how is it that I cannot find them???

ANSWER: I will be blunt. Right now, 'o Skoteinos, your people are alive, but hiding underground. Survival on the surface, in your region, would have been impossible.
You do not know what the surface conditions are like, and cannot tell - observers sent to the surface find a Teutonic Hell.
All communications are out - even high level magical communications are out, the Weave of Oerth being in chaos.
No safe teleportation is possible at the moment, anywhere on Oerik, or around Oerik, on the world of Oerth.

- - -

creamsteak

Often you state that a character gains 1 level. Now I have been confused on this part, do you refer to one Power Level or one Character Level.

ANSWER: I refer to one character level. Not one PL.

Anyway, I wonder... does "land" still exist or are we in some kind of waterworld, or some kind of lavaworld, or some kind of world at all?

ANSWER: Delrune still exists as an intact piece of surface land.
It is not possible, at the moment, to tell the state of any other area - all communications are out, surges of water and lava prevent movement, teleportation is too risky, and the atmosphere is filled with smoke, debris, ashfalls, and superheated rains.

Can I move forces still? I have duties that must be attended to now that the Red Goo is gone...

ANSWER: At the moment, no movement of forces is possible. You cannot even reach Riftcrag, if it is still there, to join Sollir, if he is still there.

My Military is 145 2/3. Was researching PL affected by this hellstorm?

ANSWER: Oh no. Your research continues. Everyone's does. In fact, I am making an exception to the rules ... everyone gets the full benefit of all research for this turn!
That means a lot of you will have 11th level magic on Turn 7.
Considering what 11th level magic can do, and considering what has happened already ... (doesn't finish that sentence)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Venus posted:

Uhm, did Angelika go down in the explosions ? It isn't in your post, but I could understand if she is lost. Just want to be sure not to write IC with Angelika if she's quite, ehm, not here.

ANSWER: Angelika survived, along with her forces in the Kron Hills. Remnants of the Emerald Order survived elsewhere.
All of the Emerald Order who were in Dagger's Secret Retreat survived.

Last edited:

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The Agents of the Shade cannot do this.

However, Lord Melkor can ... he can penetrate the great wall of cloud that is Oerth's atmosphere, and locate the pools of Red Goo.

Even I must say it, as a DM ... Melkor plays a truly relentlessly evil Power.

Back in his Secret Retreat, Melkor is able to cultivate the Red Goo, producing massive amounts of it.

Tokiwong

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
The Agents of the Shade cannot do this.

However, Lord Melkor can ... he can penetrate the great wall of cloud that is Oerth's atmosphere, and locate the pools of Red Goo.

Even I must say it, as a DM ... Melkor plays a truly relentlessly evil Power.

Back in his Secret Retreat, Melkor is able to cultivate the Red Goo, producing massive amounts of it.

OOC: I take it since I was cultivating as well that Iuz will have to do this on hiw own... Iuz will assist melkor as best he can... of course gathering some for myself...

Creamsteak

Explorer
everyone gets the full benefit of all research for this turn!
Hmmm... by full benefit are you refering to the full benefit of their templates or the full benefit as if they had researched full during the turn.

Here is why I ask:

Kalanyr deserves that research PL he put in. He put it all out there to help Oerth and didn't think about anything else. He did work with us to fight back (before sunspots bombs and what-not).

However, many forces stayed underground, and although this is my opinion, they don't deserve protection from the red goo while I go out and fight with it even when I am losing.

And Lastly, It really hurts me...
Originally my template read: Magic Research 330 PL (10th level magic obtained) Advancing Civilization: 177 PL. I changed this so that I could fight the red goo on this turn, under William's inquisition. Now you are letting other forces fight the red goo and research at the same time (effectively) acting as double their PL for this turn.

'o Skoteinos

First Post
ANSWER: Oh no. Your research continues. Everyone's does. In fact, I am making an exception to the rules ... everyone gets the full benefit of all research for this turn!
That means a lot of you will have 11th level magic on Turn 7.
Considering what 11th level magic can do, and considering what has happened already ... (doesn't finish that sentene)

That means what exactely?

I've spent 410 PL on research, will I get:

1) 41 Points
2) 12 x 41 = 492 Points?
3) 107 Points 41 + ((410-(41*2))/10) + ((328-(32*4))/10) etc.
4) Something else.

Edena, thanks for the information. I understand now...

Remove ads