(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 4)

Uvenelei

First Post
Half it is, then.

Since my people have left the party, most of them return to Arlon. A few of the more powerful ones will aid in the reconstruction of Lyrn, bit by bit. Those in Arlon set up their own 'party', which is really a wake to help the survivors cope. Sure, there's grief, but there's also the dealing with of said grief.

Black Omega

First Post
Re: ooc:

zouron said:
Black Omega I might not be a good example in many way but netherless one of the last places to get red goo is Anakeris, for several reasons, I been constructive rather the destructive all the time in what I do, and that of the many reasons one could claim is the most important.

Heya Zouron. Heard that, Vesve never had to ban the red goo, we never got into it to begin with. We've also been the one's trying to forge peaceful links with everyone possible, it's an excellent policy, I agree.

My attempts is not about pretend all perfect love fest to equal the new Toril, but simply taking care of those little things that in the big pictture matters... the thousands that are without home cannot use a love fest for shelter, care for them. The thousands that are dying of hunger cannot fed on the love fest, care for them. And so on. I think it will work remarkably better though most likely slower.
I don't disagree a bit. I indicated some time ago after the msit sprang up that we are going to be not only rebuilding but trying to help others rebuild. Most people seem to have evacuated their civilian populations. At least that impression has been given to me. All I can say is we have food. All in Vesve are being fed. If we can help others with this, we are happy to do so.

You had your fun and wars now it is time to clean up the mess and make overall the world a better place not my creating an artificial love, but improving things mending the wounds and let things return to peaceful and prosperous (but not too much so) conditions.
I suspect it will take more than feeding people and building homes to turn around what begun. I can only comment that people have looked at out love fest (admittedly fun and started around 5 AM, which also probably played a role) and missing other posts on prayer, rebuilding and hope.:)

Alyx

First Post
Black Omega said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------
For Alyx and William...um..the Red Elf and Hazen:)
Siobhan floats on over, brightly clad though looking sorrowful. This conversation shielded from others with 10th level magic.:)
"You've felt it, I assume. The changes. What is going on. I can imagine what you think of the revels. It's not fully unjustified. But we need something more than war. I'm putting together a peace conference, I hope you both will attend. We need understanding in these times. We need peace. More than anything, we need hope. Hope that our future is not simply which side or faction destroys the world, for whatever reason they might profess at the time. I'm not giving up on this world. I hope you are not either."
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Jand, The Red Elf, nods.

'I do not mean to belittle the effort that is put into this...celebration. Yet the very idea of a celebration in a time of such severe deprivation seems a mockery to me. It's like...throwing a party upon the death of a close friend. And I fear that the red death sees all things in the same negetive light.'

Jand gestures with his pale red glove at the entire festival, at the world. 'Listen to the children sing. They have many songs, as we did once. But their music is different now. Mourn in the morning? Dream for death? What kind of children would ply voices to death?

'Children who have seen the end of the world, who have watched all about them die, once. Twice. And again. Again and again and again.

'Above the fake sky that is overhead, a world is being destroyed and millions more are facing a harsh existence, forced to remain alive if only to feel the pain as they are sluaghtered or isolated.

'But no, enough! I will come to your peace conference. With luck, many will. With luck we may make a beggining. And if not, then at least I will have the chance to see the end of three worlds.

'May peace be with you...

'But I doubt it will be.'

Alyx

First Post
To Hazen (Anyone can read it, however. It pertains to all of us.);

I taste despair, Hazen.

I despair that my sadness is only empowering an evil all the more. I mourn for the millions of dead. I cry for friends, loved ones, who are gone forever.

Most of all, I despair becuase I cannot see any other choice. The world is cloaked in fog and red death, and the very ground seems against us.

Nonetheless.

Nonetheless, we must stand and face the night. We do so becuase that is who you and me are. Long ago we and those like us made the choice to never waver in the face of all evil. I could no more change now then you could.

This is the promise from which hope springs, Hazen! Ignorant outsiders would call it the desperation of those damned. They would see it as an advanced form of fear, clouding the mind.

It is not. I have hope in me, despite my despair. I have a spark of strength that can only grow. Nothing could snuff it out, or even make the attempt. It is hope in its most primal and unquenchable shape.

When you are small, all that is left is to grow.

This is what will defeat the red goo. Hope. No other emotion could work, as all other emotions are born in some way out of regret, fear, and anger. The only tool to conquer fear is hope.

From hope springs courage.

Help us all hope.

Last edited:

Anabstercorian

First Post
Responses to those speaking with me

From Siobhan:

For Anabscorian:

Brightly clad in silks, Siobhan floats over to say 'Hi.' and a little more "I'd appreciate it if you could pass this message along to Forrester. I understand you are trying to 'cleanse' the Red Goo. But that can't be done by sacrificing the Oerth or it's moons. Sunstuff or whatever it's called can't do it. It will take peace and a change in the world. A hope there is something more than the Red Goo destroying the planet or someone else doing it to try and destroy the red goo. I'm going to be trying to put together a peace conference. A chance for us to talk out our differences and perhaps reach some measure of understanding and hope. I hope you will attend. And..um..if you don't mind me asking, Sir. Are you a sir? I don't know much about illithids, I'm not even sure why you would show up to revels, is it just the good vibes or something? no offense, i'm just curious.

Backtracking to when Siobhan greeted Anabstercorian at the revel:

<< The majority of Illithid are hermaphrodite and sexless - We're all hermaphrodite, in fact. Some of us take on a definate gender identity, and I identify strongly with my masculine side. You may address me properly as Sir, although I do not know if I deserve such respect from someone whom I have wronged as greatly as you. As for why I came to this party, it was mostly to proclaim my intentions. I do not believe that Oerth is worth saving. It has been a home, but when a home burns down and the earth it laid on was salted, you don't rebuild. You leave. >>
<< In the past few months, Oerth has undergone a renaissance in destructive and creative forces. I have mastered the ancient metacreative secrets of the Illithid over the last few months, and am currently preparing to build colonies on the surface of the sun itself. These should house enough refugees to populate Oerth a hundred times over once I complete them. Of course, there is a price to enter them, but some would call it a boon. >>

From Unvenilei:

Edena: Even though I bet I could penetrate Luna's new armor, I won't. In fact, if Anab needs any help sealing Luna off, I'll help him. I don't know how to form Substare (unless he teachs me - I'm a fast learner), but I will put up force walls laced with Positive Energy and/or Oerthsblood; again, only if he needs help. I want to prevent the spread of the goo. I'll also keeep my eye on Luna; if someone or something tries to break through the shell, I want to know as soon as it happens.

<< Unvenilei, I cannot help you create Substare. If you will excuse my conversing in metaprobabilistic physics, you would have to be a twentieth tier Shaper to understand the simplest rudiments of the Path that leads to its mastery, assuming you had trained for it. Even then, you would have to advance twenty steps along the path of Substare in order to form large structures constructed from it! If you do find your spirit increasing in intensity, and you decide to master this art, I will be willing to teach you - But only if you undergo my Ceremorphosis. >>
<< That said, your Oerthsblood walls would be a wonderful addition to the Substare. I imagine that within a few months, the Substare shell will contain nothing but unadultered Red Scourge, so this needs to be a seal rivaling that holding the Elder Ones. >>
<< Nice job taking those down, by the way. I didn't know you had it in you. I was truly, truly impressed. >>

======

To Edena, but hardly impossible for any of you to find out...

Edena, Anabstercorian and the remnants of the Solistarim mages are creating a network of Forcewalls across the equator of the sun - A very loose grid, a superstructure. We'll be using these as supports for the Substare ring until it is complete, and ready to support itself.
If my plan requires any further architectural knowledge, I'm glad to know I have Dwarves in my fleet.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Iuz smiles somewhat pelased with the evening and turns to his remaining concubines and shrugs, "Enjoy yourselves... I have other pressing business to attend to... come we wounds to heal..." and with that he and his small contigent of concubines return to his secret retreat...

Iuz then looks to his prepared forces... "Are we prepared?"

The men nod in unison fearing the scorn of their lord and master, "Then let us begin... send word to Melkor Lord of Oblivion that I have begun the campaign upon the new world..." the diplomat nods solemnly.

Iuz turns to his men, "Come we go to form a more perfect Union..." with that he begins the journey to the world of destiny...

Secret for Edena and Melkor

Iuz is leading his forces to the world of Athas and is beginning his campaign of subjugation, all avialable PL is going into this effort to create a new foothold for his people... and new and malleable whorshippers... he will begin the campaign with gifts and tales of his power and motives, all the while releasing agents into the City-States to spread his faith... and speak of his role as a warrior, destroyer, and master of warfare... He will be shown in many forms and motives... to appeal to the people but all will be to him... and if needed shows of force will be made... He will promote both himself and Melkor... hopefully he can gain audience with rulers there... and speak of his powers and greatness... and how he can help their world...

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
(OOC: I wish I could stay on line more often. I would have tried to save Luna and its people.)

In the middle of a ruined field, Hazen spots a group of people huddling under the ruins of what may have once been a castle. Some are human. Some are elves. Some are dwarves. Some are orcs. Some are goblins. Some are old. Some are young. All are scared and frightened.

With a thought, Hazen heals their wounds, creates a table for them, gives them food, clothing, and good drink.

"Know that there is also love and hope in the world. I believe hope and love can yet redeem Oerth and all the worlds. You put aside your common suspicions to survive in this place - a place that should have been destroyed but has not."

"With your permission, I would like to take you all to a place of safety. I ask you to forgive each other your past hatreds and suspicions."

As one, the refugees answer that they will gladly go with Hazen. There is a new camraderie among them.

Hazen finds a place of safety for them, as such as can be found on Oerth. He tries to heal wounds, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.

To Siobhan: Yes, I shall attend the peace conference. I am not sure if I can forgive my enemies. But I can try. I can try to stand for peace, for the sake of all the worlds. However, I am not sure that all will stand for peace. However, there is always hope. Hope. With love, perhaps the greatest gift sentients have been given.

I truly do not feel like a revelry now, but I am trying to do my own part for peace. I am healing and helping all, regardless of past enmities. Perhaps unreasoned hate led us to our present woes. Perhaps boundless love, even to those whom we may have cause to hate, can save us all. If Kalanyr can emerge from his own darkness, others can do so as well.

Jand, do not despair. There is still love and hope in the worlds. I weep for what has been lost. Yet I still find beauty amid the ruins. I have seen people striving to stay alive, and I am trying to bring help and hope to them.

Have hope, Jand. I will hope for you. I have seen the courage and goodness within the peoples of Oerth. We must oppose the darkness threatening the worlds. Love and hope must be in our hearts. I will strive not to hate. I will strive not to kill. The greatest warrior does not need to kill. If I must kill to protect myself and innocents, I will try to do it without hate. The Angels fight without hate in their hearts. I urge all to aspire to their standard.

I shall attend the peace conference. I still have hope for our worlds. Even amid the ruins, some flowers still bloom. We must treasure the life of Oerth and all the worlds.

(Edena: Hazen will try to get all refugees to Alzem. If they wish to go to Toril, they can. If not, Hazen will work with them to find a place of safety. I will not command them. I will give them the freedom and dignity which so many seem to deny to the common people of Oerth.)

Tokiwong

First Post
William Ronald said:
(OOC: I wish I could stay on line more often. I would have tried to save Luna and its people.)

(Edena: Hazen will try to get all refugees to Alzem. If they wish to go to Toril, they can. If not, Hazen will work with them to find a place of safety. I will not command them. I will give them the freedom and dignity which so many seem to deny to the common people of Oerth.)

Iuz takes offense; he gives his people freedom and dignity... to beleive whatever he beleives... freely... :D

Mr. Draco

First Post
Edena, I was reading through posts, trying to catch up when i noticed that Luna was razed. Just to clarify things, you are aware that everything we had that wasn't on Krynn was in our secret retreat right? Everything includes our outposts, people, etc, on luna. Check the template i sent you at the start of turn 6, it's in there too.

Also, I sent you an email with a rather large plain-text attachment, did you get it?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
THE WAR SPREADS TO ATHAS

The people of Athas have long endured harsh conditions, under their enormous red sun.
They are no pushovers, these people.

Indeed, they immediately sense a hostile presence on their world, and they come to the attack.

And so war begins once more, across the deserts of Athas.

The Legions of Iuz and the Shade of Melkor press home the attack against the psionically powered men, elves, thri-kreen, and templars of the world of the Dark Sun.

The Dragon-Kings rise to the occasion: men and women as merciless as the invaders are; they come with 10th level magic and armies of fanatics at their beck and call.

As the Shade and Iuz's forces attack many strategic points, the war spreads wider and wider, encompassing all the land between the Forest Ridge and the Sea of Silt, smoke rising from burning cities, the screams and cries of the dead and dying filling the air.

The Defilers begin conjuring vast amounts of magic from the land itself, ruining it more, and flinging it at the Shade and their other enemies, unwilling to give in, unwilling to surrender.

The Veiled Society also strikes at the invaders, sensing their intentions, blasting them with psionic strikes the attackers have no effective defense against, for the psionic nature of Athas is strange to the newcomers.

Nor can Melkor or Iuz use more than 9th level magic here, having not taken the time to research the matter, and psionic-enchantments are beyond their grasp, currently.

Remove ads