(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 6 (thread 4)

Mr. Draco

First Post
Huh? There's a peace conference going on? I must have missed the anouncement. Could somebody fill me in on that?

In any case, if there is a peace conference, Kas will be there. And bringing gifts for the other representatives. Large, expensive gifts.

William Ronald

Explorer
This too shall pass.

(OOC: Not a bad witticism, Tokiwong. However, only have one option to chose that lets you live is not a choice.)

This is for everyone in the IR.

A frightened child is rescued by Hazen. She is young, but wise beyond her years.

"Thank you for rescuing me! This destruction is so awful! You said I should find peace and hope! How?"

Hazen smiles at the child. It is a sad smile, but there is a warmth in it. Below him, parts of the Oerik continent are smoking ruins.

"On another world, I have a friend named Arthur MacKeppoch That world was destroyed by its own people, but is slowly being healed. My friend once told me a story attributed to a wise leader of his world, a man named Abraham Lincoln."

"A king once asked his three wisest advisors for a statement that was true and could be said in any situation."

"For a long time, they conferred with each other. Days later, they returned."

"There is a phrase that is always true under all situations," said the wisest of his advisors. "It is 'This too shall pass.'"

"It is up to us, the people of Oerth, to save our world. We have the power, if we use it."

"Some of your friends have strange names. But I guess it's true."

Hazen flies the child to a place of safety. She sees other refugees, of many races.

"Here is Alvira, a young woman with a questing heart. I pray that you make her welcome and accept her as you would wish to be accepted yourselves. Indeed, you should love the stranger in your midst. Are we not all strangers to each other, even unto ourselvers, at one time or another."

"Be well. There is love and hope also in the worlds."

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
Mr. Draco, everyone has gathered together - all the leaders, that is - in Ishtarland.

Where Kalanyr has used his magic to make the air breathable, produced the illusion of a clear sky and a bright sun, and where his people are putting on a feast and celebration.

Most of the leaders (PCs) of the Powers of Oerth appear to have gone to this celebration.

Tokiwong

First Post
Re: THE WAR SPREADS TO ATHAS

Edena_of_Neith said:
The people of Athas have long endured harsh conditions, under their enormous red sun.
They are no pushovers, these people.

Indeed, they immediately sense a hostile presence on their world, and they come to the attack.

And so war begins once more, across the deserts of Athas.

The Legions of Iuz and the Shade of Melkor press home the attack against the psionically powered men, elves, thri-kreen, and templars of the world of the Dark Sun.

The Dragon-Kings rise to the occasion: men and women as merciless as the invaders are; they come with 10th level magic and armies of fanatics at their beck and call.

As the Shade and Iuz's forces attack many strategic points, the war spreads wider and wider, encompassing all the land between the Forest Ridge and the Sea of Silt, smoke rising from burning cities, the screams and cries of the dead and dying filling the air.

The Defilers begin conjuring vast amounts of magic from the land itself, ruining it more, and flinging it at the Shade and their other enemies, unwilling to give in, unwilling to surrender.

The Veiled Society also strikes at the invaders, sensing their intentions, blasting them with psionic strikes the attackers have no effective defense against, for the psionic nature of Athas is strange to the newcomers.

Nor can Melkor or Iuz use more than 9th level magic here, having not taken the time to research the matter, and psionic-enchantments are beyond their grasp, currently.

Iuz smirks... not expecting the onslaught of power... "Hmm... this is a great world.. with much power... perhaps..." he presents himself to the sorcerer kings, "we can come to a deal.. this is your world... and I interested in your magics... your mental powers... perhaps we can learn much from each other..."

OOC: Well I had wanted to take a more peaceful route... at first then straight up invasion... did they even give us time to grant me audience I did not come in guns blazing I beleive I said we bring them gifts... and tales.. and begin with meetings but if it is war... *sighs* then so be it...

Last edited:

William Ronald

Explorer
Hazen will try to determine if the fighting on Athas will spread the touch of the Red Death. Especially if other powers of the IR become involved.

If I can help the Veiled Society without endangering them, I will give them all I know about Melkor and Iuz. If I can supply them with effective weapons against them, I shall.

Hazen brings the actions of Iuz and Melkor to the attention of all powers of Oerth and Toril. He seeks Alzem for counsel, and sends the last bottle of Veluna wine - possibly the last in existence to Siobhan and Kalanyr.

A note attached to the bottle reads: "Remember, love and hope can change any reality. I honor your love and the goodness of your hearts."

"I also ask that the World Congress of Toril, and the nations of Toril comment on the events on Oerth. Perhaps the Chosen of Mystra have some wisdom to offer in this time."

Tokiwong

First Post
Diplomats of Iuz begin to spin-doctor the situation as a clashing of disparate forces... from different worlds... that the journey is one of exploration... to gather knowledge of other worlds...

Iuz makes it a point to spread secret agents into the Athasian City-States to learn... and if possible tries to meet with the elves of this disparate world... to make deals with them... he will try to learn as much as he can of the Veiled Alliance and see where loyalties lie... among the disparate organizations of Athas

Mr. Draco

First Post
Then Kas too will show up. I take it this is a formal affair, so Kas will show up quite formally, in full Union garb as befits a God of the Union Pantheon. Once there, he will search for a stage of some sort if it exists, or just levitate himself up a few feet if no stage is there, and try to draw everybody's attention,

"Attention! I call for order here!"

"There are times for games and celebration, this is no such time! Fun does not arise from fear, and this much wine will help non survive!"

"Oerth is in danger, grave danger. This puts us all, and the populace under us, in the same danger. Although many believe otherwise, we are connnected to Oerth, should it be destroyed, no matter where we are, we may die also. It is thus in our best interests that we band together to survive this chaos!"

He glances around, trying to make sure people are listening. He sees groups of leaders still chatting away, and he draws the Sword of Kas, using it to cleave the largest buffet table present in half. The loud crash draws the attention of those present, and silence.

"As I was saying, many of us have grudges against others, but we all have the desire to survive! We can not do so alone. It is not possible. We must band together to survive."

"This terror-inspired revelry will manage nothing more than making you look like greater fools when Oerth is gone, a memory of the multiverse."

"The only hope is to work, together, for survival."

He glances around, seeing that all eyes are watching him.

"So, any bright ideas?"

Uvenelei

First Post
Re: Responses to those speaking with me

Anabstercorian said:

<< Unvenilei, I cannot help you create Substare. If you will excuse my conversing in metaprobabilistic physics, you would have to be a twentieth tier Shaper to understand the simplest rudiments of the Path that leads to its mastery, assuming you had trained for it. Even then, you would have to advance twenty steps along the path of Substare in order to form large structures constructed from it! If you do find your spirit increasing in intensity, and you decide to master this art, I will be willing to teach you - But only if you undergo my Ceremorphosis. >>

Indeed, the sight of trillions upon trillions of beings bent beyond all comprehension of reality dying in the hearts of small suns has done much for the intensity of my spirit - that I had a hand in such an event vivifies my spirit all the more. I understand enough of what you say to grasp only that with study I could learn these secrets. Alas, the price I would have pay for my apprenticeship is too much - not that I see anything wrong with becoming one of the Ithillid. Its just that I prefer my current being.

How 'bout just a Shape Change ? :D

<< That said, your Oerthsblood walls would be a wonderful addition to the Substare. I imagine that within a few months, the Substare shell will contain nothing but unadultered Red Scourge, so this needs to be a seal rivaling that holding the Elder Ones. >>
<< Nice job taking those down, by the way. I didn't know you had it in you. I was truly, truly impressed. >>

I shall help in what ways I can. Actually...
(in a small whisper)... I was very impressed as well.

To Siobahn: I would be delighted to attend a peace conference.

Tokiwong

First Post
Mr. Draco said:
Then Kas too will show up. I take it this is a formal affair, so Kas will show up quite formally, in full Union garb as befits a God of the Union Pantheon. Once there, he will search for a stage of some sort if it exists, or just levitate himself up a few feet if no stage is there, and try to draw everybody's attention,

"Attention! I call for order here!"

"There are times for games and celebration, this is no such time! Fun does not arise from fear, and this much wine will help non survive!"

"Oerth is in danger, grave danger. This puts us all, and the populace under us, in the same danger. Although many believe otherwise, we are connnected to Oerth, should it be destroyed, no matter where we are, we may die also. It is thus in our best interests that we band together to survive this chaos!"

He glances around, trying to make sure people are listening. He sees groups of leaders still chatting away, and he draws the Sword of Kas, using it to cleave the largest buffet table present in half. The loud crash draws the attention of those present, and silence.

"As I was saying, many of us have grudges against others, but we all have the desire to survive! We can not do so alone. It is not possible. We must band together to survive."

"This terror-inspired revelry will manage nothing more than making you look like greater fools when Oerth is gone, a memory of the multiverse."

"The only hope is to work, together, for survival."

He glances around, seeing that all eyes are watching him.

"So, any bright ideas?"

Iuz is pleased he did not have to be present to be subjected to such an uncouth display of social repoirte... Iuz muses at the party foul commited by Kas.

As an aside a small diplomatic contingent of Iuz will arrive at the Peace Conference and speak on his behalf... dressed in flowing white... serene and peaceful... and quite happy.

Last edited:

Remove ads