• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 3)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The DM, disheartened by the loss of Zouron, goes offline for now.

However, the IR will go on.
Even if only ONE player remains to contest with Yours Truly the fate of the Spheres, this IR will continue.

As long as ONE player cares enough to stay and fight, Yours Truly will stay also.

Kalanyr

Explorer
No corruption of other factions for me.

(Hmmm, why oh why art a certain view of morals a serious disadvantage in this IR? ;) (To clarify the smily this is a joke))

I will have a talk with Mina and see if I can convince her to see the error of her ways. (Instead of my corruption action if this is acceptable) (If I can do this,I set no parameters on what path she chooses to walk afterwards.) If I can't then I'll leave this for my Day 5 action and I'll repost it then.

Edit- To clarify the meaning of morals and to avoid offense to those with different opinions to me.

(I'm here until I'm dust crushed beneath the powers of those with multiple 11th level powers feet.)

Last edited:

Zelda Themelin

First Post
ANSWER:

I would not call stopping the Black Balls a wasted or useless action.
You and Kalanyr saved millions of people from going to Ravenloft by stopping this attack.

Not that action. I meant my day 3rd divanation action. I am very happy we managed to stop black balls attack with Kalanyr... for now.

ANSWER:

Information comes back IMMEDIATELY.
In remote Crystal Spheres, away from the beaten path (in other words, where the Scro Star League and others wouldn't immediately notice) there is a very real horror situation in progress.
Entire WORLDS have been destroyed, their surfaces seas of Red Goo.
Entire solar systems have been wiped out.
Entire Crystal Spheres have been cleared of all life.

The loss of life is beyond all estimates.
Your adventurers find over 300 Crystal Spheres either under attack or destroyed already.

The scale of the attack is too great to counter by yourself, even with 11th level magic.

You are going to need the full might of all the IR Powers, in their full strength, to halt this massive assault.

Whoever is doing this, is carefully hiding his tracks.
Red Goo appears out of nowhere, then begins it's work - it does not sit there, but actively starts attacking and devouring, people, vegetation, the soil itself.
All attempts to discover where the Red Goo came from (it is obviously coming from somewhere in the IR) fail, because 11th level shielding is being used to cover the culprit's tracks.

It goes without saying that there is a general consensus among a thousand Crystal Spheres that whoever is doing this must be annihilated.
They are also of the opinion that the entire Crystal Sphere involved should be annihilated - they state that those who tolerated one of their own doing this, are as guilty as the one doing it.

In short, when they find out Greyspace (or Krynnspace, or Realmspace, or Athas, or Mystara) is the one responsible for this attack, the combined might of over one thousand Crystal Spheres will be coming.
They will come to obliterate the entire Crystal Sphere.
No negotiation, no quarter, no surrender accepted.

Why should they be reasonable?
They have witnessed the massacre of billions, the destruction of hundreds of worlds, by a terrible entity which was obviously evil, sent without provocation or reason or sanity to destroy them.

Ergoth-Nog breathes deep and feels great saddness. He feels heavy responsibility of letting down that all nature, life and freedom, who he was supposed to, and would have given his life to protect. He had knew it since he first gained this responsible, that it was too much for one man, or even million men of his people.

Circle of druids was at tears that day, when true nature of situations grave nature was fully realized.

We inform every allied and neutral faction about situation. We ask their help. This must be stopped now!

"Corruption" of creature goes against our belief in free will. It is different, when it healing someone from infulence of outside force, like red goo, or other disease (lycanthropy, fatalistic insanity and similar things count as such).

We won't waste time manipulating other faction members, instead we take time practising counter tactics.

Message from Shadow Council to Siobhan:

-Lady, it came to our attention that you plan to attack newly created Shadow Empire of Toril, this may destroy a chance of peace between us and Alliance of Oerth, I urge you to reconsider this, we may offer you a compensation for what you suffered from Melkor.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Bye, bye Zouron. Sad to see you go. Hopefully you had good time. :)

Come back now and then to make few 'EVIL' Ravenloft themed posts of yours if you have time and inspiration. :)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Both 11th level powers, Melkor ? I thought all you had was your corrupted allies since the Shadow Empire/Church is disarmed and Lord Melkor is banned from interfering until we all arrive in Ravenloft.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads