(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 5)

Black Omega

First Post
You will agree to our terms, or you will face war with us, and upon your defeat you will face terms far harsher than those set forth now.

Siobhan shakes her head once more "You still don't understand. Perhaps you never will. You can attack us. You can probably crush us, I know how powerful you are. You can take the land and call it part of your empire. You can even force the survivors to accept your rule. for a short time. then we'll revolt. And again. And again. We are the Seelie. We will fight as long as it takes, decades, centuries, more. We will fight to be free. Even if you win. Even if you crush us now, you can never keep us down. No invader can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. What applies to Melkor and the Dread Alliance applies equally to you. and anyone else that would seek to conquer an entire world through force and threats."

Black Omega

First Post
Kalanyr turns to Siobhan and produces a yew ring with a golden gem on top. (The gem looks suspiciously like a tear), he kneels and speaks:

"This may be my last chance to say this, Will you marry me? I do not wish to die without first doing this. I suppose it is something of the selfishness left in me."

Siobhan turns to Kalanyr, another flicker through her silver flames. A little tear of silver seen to trail down one cheek before the little fae nods "It is proper. even in the darkest night there is hope. and life. Of course I will, Kalanyr." her hand given to Kal as she smiles brightly. "I love you."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr smiles a sad smile as he slips the ring onto Siobhan's finger.

" Thank you, my love. You honour me with your acceptance. I am sorry that we will probably not get the chance to be married formally. But so our paths lead us. May the blessing of the Heavens be always with you. "

(The Ring is a minor magical item that Kalanyr made , a +5 Ring of Protection,Mindshielding and Nondetection, that casts Heal 1/day each when the wearer falls below 4 Hit Points or on command on another. )

Black Omega

First Post
Kalanyr said:
Kalanyr smiles a sad smile as he slips the ring onto Siobhan's finger.

" Thank you, my love. You honour me with your acceptance. I am sorry that we will probably not get the chance to be married formally. But so our paths lead us. May the blessing of the Heavens be always with you. "
Siobhan leans down...a warm loving kiss shared with Kalanyr for long moments...the silver flames around her glittering all the more brightly for those happy moments. Then Siobhan looks around quickly "Hazen, we need you here. We have a quick job for you!"

Black Omega

Our time is short, our chances grim, but I will not give in to fear.
I can face death with an open heart if I know that you are here.
And if I must die, I'll be with you Kai. Full of pride, at your side.
I live now for you, my love. It's a good way to die.

Lyrics from the Brigadoom episode of Lexx

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
Kas steps towards Kalanyr and Siobhan.

His next words thunder towards the Taraakian:

You dare to come before us and tell us we DO NOT DESERVE FREEDOM! So, you would have preferred we did not fight for our freedom and survival? Is this really what your precious empire would have had us do? Would your precious empire really have had us fall to the domains of dread? Taraakian, your blatant stupidity and amazing gall is only exceeded by your hypocracy! Tell me Taraakian, did your race have hurdles to overcome in its past, before it was the incredible collection of fools you seem to represent? Did you have any wars to fight? If not, then leave now, for you have no reason to treat us in this way as you could never understand our situation. If so, then leave us now, to overcome our own hurdles, as you overcame yours. Otherwise I will make the first stand against your tyranny, oppresion, terroism, and hate RIGHT HERE AND NOW!

Kas steps back once, drawing the metamorphosed sword of kas, now a blade of purest electrosteel, glowing with the same, if not more, power than it held before. He slowly and carefully draws a line in the ground in front of him and looks back to the Taraakian in waiting.

In his mind, Kas is preparing himself for what he knows will likely be the start of fight that may eclipse even those against Tharizdun and Vecna...

Last edited:

Mr. Draco

First Post
IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ:

Sollir, I'll make a deal with you.

You call off all attacks against non-Taraakian powers, and the Union will call off all attacks against the Legion of Dread.

I suggest that if Sollir calls of his attacks, the rest of you also call off yours. This would allow us to present the Taraakians with a united force.

Mr. Draco

First Post
EDENA- IMPORTANT!: The Union of Worlds will make a mental sending (we will drop one of our 11th level feats working on the nightfighter project if necessary). This sending will be to the citizens of the Taraakian Empire, it contains a message thus:

Citizens of the Taraakian Empire, your vaunted and powerful government has turned its back on the ways of good and peace. It is even now forcing billions of people to give up their freedom for fighting for their survival! Do not stand for this tyranny! Do not allow your government to become as corrupt as your age-old enemies!

Also included in the sending are the words of the Taraakian, the procedings in the Taraakian's presence, and images of the great battles for life, freedom, and peace that took place and lead to this.

-----

Signing off, gonna catch some sleep now.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Edena-
We've talked this over and
BlackOmega and I wish to combine our Powers.

No actual benefit is expected, its just an In Character thing.

I'll leave it up to BlackOmega to name this if he wishes to. I'll think of something if he doesn't want to.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Ergoth-Nog looks sadly at people, both friends and enemies.

"We saw it would come to this.

Almost funny though, heard Kas speaking of tyranny. Union of Worlds and freedom of people, don't seem combatable things to me. Still playing games of manipulations, Kas? Don't bother, they are not needed, people here have fought for their freedom too long now, to just give it up.

So called 'slavery to Taraakians' don't sound that bad to me. Would you be giving us back our freedom after the work was done or would we be eternally your subjects?

These little details are of importance to me.

Congratulations, Kalanyr and Siobhan. Still, it is sad to see you pronaunce your love at prink of destruction. I wish for you, it could have been different day.

My friends, I guess I am too human. I will stand with you Kalanyr, Siobhan, to that bitter end, if need be. But please, reconsider. More quetions need to be asked. I don't like how Dread-folk is grinning. I don't like that power-hungry glitter in Kas' eyes. That's not love for freedom, it it love of selfish creature for his control and power.

I don't like strangers coming out of blue either, but Kalanyr, it was you who first thought calling them, and we trusted this was what you wanted. Now you have it, and you don't like it. Is war against them what you really want now?"

We are the innocent
We are the damned
We were caught in the middle of the madness
Hunted by the lion and the lamb
-Dio-

Zelda Themelin

First Post
"Another thing",

Ergoth-Nog adds,

"I'd like to know what Taraakian "laws and codes" are.
Since you are stating that we retain "our own culture and our own unique thinking and racial tendencies, I think that's important to know."

"I am curious how far those two things are mutually compatable".

Remove ads