(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 5)

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
((Oh my God. Black Omega has just joined the Alliance of Dread. Whether he realizes it or not, and whether he intended it or not, he now stands with them by default.))

((The DM chuckles. You can't put the fighting spirit of those in the IR down! Not even with the mighty taraakians! :) ))

A cheer arises from the leaders of the Alliance.

Go home, taraakian! You are not wanted here.
You are not welcome here! Begone!
The Seelie, stand with us. Others, will stand with us!

We don't need your proclamations and your pronouncements, your judgements and your justice.
We are Oerthians, and you are trespassing on our world.
Begone with you!

The Alliance leaders look around, then speak:

The Seelie stand with us, for the freedom of Oerth and the Spheres!
Who else will stand with us, against this pasty-faced, white haired abomination and his silly birdpeople?!

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
Edena_of_Neith said:
((Oh my God. Black Omega has just joined the Alliance of Dread. Whether he realizes it or not, and whether he intended it or not, he now stands with them by default.))

((The DM chuckles. You can't put the fighting spirit of those in the IR down! Not even with the mighty taraakians! :) ))

A cheer arises from the leaders of the Alliance.

Go home, taraakian! You are not wanted here.
You are not welcome here! Begone!
The Seelie, stand with us. Others, will stand with us!

We don't need your proclamations and your pronouncements, your judgements and your justice.
We are Oerthians, and you are trespassing on our world.
Begone with you!

Siobhan simply coldly glances over to the Dread Alliance "Fools. I would die to stop your plans. To stop the atrocities you live for. If dying will put an end to your insanity, it is a small price to pay. If it comes down to fighting you and the Militant Fair, we will turn our backs on them and let them stab us in the back as we oppose the Dread Alliance with our dying breaths!"

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
"We would gladly repair the damage that was done. We sought only to prevent more damage. But I will not see those who have fought so hard for what they believe become imprisoned by you. You many not see it in such a way, but I do. All creatures should be allowed free will, they should be willing to repair what damage they do and make amends. But no being should have to bow to another because they consider themselves great. People must choose their own paths and their own limitations to choose for them, does not make good, it merely makes a different kind of slavery. People who make amends out of fear are not truly makeing amends. Only through free will can there be true redemption. If it comes to war then so be it, but I ask that you let us repair the damage done first. I am sorry, but your good is not the kind I follow. I believe, limits must be self-imposed to have any true meaning. If someone does not believe in hope or light or freedom that is their choice and I will not intefere unless they move against my people or my allies. I do however agree that the damage must be undone. And we will work towards that. But I will die before I see unwilling rulership put over any. Perhaps my people will agree to your demands, if they do so please spare them, but I doubt they will."

Kalanyr turns to Siobhan and produces a yew ring with a golden gem on top. (The gem looks suspiciously like a tear), he kneels and speaks:

"This may be my last chance to say this, Will you marry me? I do not wish to die without first doing this. I suppose it is something of the selfishness left in me."

Kalanyr

Explorer
"Oh and before you say something oh fools of Dread, I'm not joining you either. You are far worse than the Taraakian's in your demands. I'll fight you both and I'll die for my beliefs. If it becomes necessary."

Mr. Draco

First Post
The Cydian that is Kas speaks, his words directed towards the Taraakian slashing through the air like knives.

Warrior of the militant fair. I will explain my actions and the actions of the Union of Worlds. We have worked for the survival of our people, and their unification under a common cause. We have found the secrets to immortality and a better existance as Cydians. With your ultimatum, you seek to strike down all that we have worked for, all that we have sacrificed for. You consider yourselves to be beings of good. Yet you wish to make our sacrifices for life meaningless by throwing down our banner of freedom, by burning the flag of high magic, psionics, and technology we fought and died for that it might allow us trancedance. How can you possibly uphold the standards of good with that attitude. Should we accept, we do not become part of your empire, we become slaves of your empire. We would be forced to bow to your law, your regulations, your occupation of the lands many of us have died for. We would be stripped of that which is our right, that which is our power. You seek to take from my people their chance at ascendance to Cydian form, ascendance to perfection. I will not stand for this. The Union of Worlds will not join your empire with the conditions you have laid out. However, we do not seek war with you. Should you insist on bloodshed, you will be forever judged by your posterity and those powers of mercy and compasion you cannot comprehend: the angels of the seventh heaven and their gods. So I say to you, if you wish, take up your sword against me. Take up your sword if you so readily seek bloodshed and terror. Take up your sword and commit yourself to the tactics of your enemies: the dark powers and others. TAKE UP YOUR SWORD TARAAKIAN! Take it up or leave it sheathed forever against the Union of Worlds. The choice is for you to make, you and your empire. Will you continue such blatant terrorism. What do you Taraakians take us for? We have every right to existance, freedom, and the power we sacrificed greatly for that you do. Do you consider us inferiors? We too are living beings.

So Taraakian, will you take up your sword or will you try proposing a different agreement?

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The taraakian reads the riot act to the IR

The taraakian watches with his intent grey eyes - and through him his people watch.

He communicates again, in a cold, stern voice:

- - -

Some of you believe this is a test.
It is not.

You will agree to our terms, or you will face war with us, and upon your defeat you will face terms far harsher than those set forth now.

You believe this unreasonable and dictatorial.

You have behaved as badly behaved children would behave.
You have picked up and used implements not appropriate for those of your maturity level to employ, to the detriment of yourselves and others.
You have caused the deaths of billions of people, the destruction of hundreds of worlds.
You have alerted the death machines of the existence of the Spheres, and they will now come to the Spheres to kill and destroy.
You have empowered the (untranslatable: he is referring to the Mists) and many of your own and others would be there now, if we had not intervened.

You have proven you cannot govern yourselves.
You have proven you cannot govern your worlds.
You have proven you cannot act responsibly.
You have proven that you not capable of wisely employing the gift of Magic.
You have proven that you are not capable of wisely handling the knowledge of Science.

You have behaved as badly behaved children.

We offer you a new home, and a respectable upbringing, so that you may achieve true maturity, and a true civilization, based upon clear thinking and wisdom.
We offer you prosperity and peace, respite from your own past, reprieve from the destruction you faced.

However, we will not permit you further freedom.
You have demonstrated that you are too dangerous to be allowed freedom.
You have demonstrated that you cannot handle freedom.
You have demonstrated that you will abuse freedom to the detriment of yourselves and others.

Therefore, we are removing your freedom.
We will be blunt: you will be unfree.
You will be our subjects.
You will be treated as the children you are.

However, good parents raise children not only with discipline, but with love, and they cherish them, and they instill in them the values that have made the sentient races noble.
We will teach you.
We will enable you to surpass your limitations, to overcome obstacles that currently are impossible for you now.
We will impart to you the wisdom and strength you need to survive and prosper.
We will give you the nurturing necessary to enable you to attain true mastery of yourselves and all around you.

However, you must accept our terms.
Our terms, are not negotiable.

If you refuse our terms, you choose war.

We understand that.
We understand your mentality.
We appreciate that, from your point of view, war with us is the appropriate response to our terms.

We will therefore make war with those of you who refuse our terms.
We will achieve victory in that war.
Those of you who choose war, will be pacified.

We will not depart.
We will not withdraw our demand.
Those who accept our terms, become our subjects.
Those who refuse, must prepare for war.

Edena_of_Neith

First Post
The leader of the Black Brotherhood grins like the Cat that Swallowed the Canary, when he hears the Union of the Worlds take their stand against the taraakians.

Heh ... I do believe the situation is changing real fast here ... I do believe we are going to have the War Against the Taraakians. :D

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
There is a certain irony in this. We're being attacked by the Death Machines, the enemies of the Taraakian. And soon the Taraakian as well. No one said this would be easy.:)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr does not speak this for he is not quiet so impolite (but I'll post it since the Taraakian's can read my mind).

"There was another who called us children and made the same demands, the Lich called Vecna. I am surprised that these beings who believe themselves noble act so much like him."

Remove ads