(IR) The 3rd IR, Turn 7 (thread 5)

'o Skoteinos

First Post
Ho Skoteinos, long silent, then speaks: "What I have done was in the best interest of my people. I have not waged massive wars, I have not killed millions of people. All I wanted was peace and prosperity for my people. Now that I have finally found a place, that place faces destruction by the hands of the Legion of Dread."

"Mighty beings, we accept your terms. Though it is a hard decicion, we do not want war. War would only be benificial for The Mists, for our enemies."

"Mighty beings, I have a request for you. I have seen your power: You have returned Melkor from Ravenloft. We will aid you loyally, but an entire brood has been transported to Ravenloft. In this dreaded place, they are forced to submit to their enemy. We implore you: save our people, show compassion, return them to us from Ravenloft."

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr looks up from Siobhan

"Ergoth-Nog, war is not what I desire, it hasn't been for almost a millenium now, I doubt it ever will be again. Yes, I see the way the Leader of the Alliance of Dead is grinning. But I believe what the Taraakian's wish to be wrong, it may be a gentle imprisonment but its still imprisonment. I believe Siobhan believes much the same.

My people will make no hostile action against the Taraakians unless they move against us first, as it is unlikely that we will survive such an attack, our having a war with them is unlikely.

As to the good fool who is grinning. He will be the target of our attacks, the Taraakian's may be wrong in what they do, but he is malicious, they are merely shortsighted. He has proven his ill intent many times. The taraakian's have merely made one mistake to my knowledge, not enough to be condemned for.

Yes, I summoned them, I believed them to be creatures like the Angels, but I was wrong. There good is not my way. Without the choice to do evil there can be no good. And now I will pay for my mistakes. I expect of you all not to stand with me but to choose your own path, join the Taraakian's if you wish, the right to choose your path is what I fight for. If you believe their way is right, then I implore you, join them, do not stand with me for no reason. "

Gurdjieff

First Post
Quick Post...

Will edit soon ^_^

"The Emerald Order accepts your terms. After seeing your visions, the pain, the destruction, we don't have a choice. We want our people to live in freedom, to feel safe. If not both are totally gainable, lets make sure they are safe then. Make sure they want to live, that they are able to live.

Taraakians, we accept."

Angelika bows down.

Black Omega

First Post
Zelda Themelin said:
Ergoth-Nog looks sadly at people, both friends and enemies.

"We saw it would come to this.

So called 'slavery to Taraakians' don't sound that bad to me. Would you be giving us back our freedom after the work was done or would we be eternally your subjects?
Siobhan looks over, adding her own thoughts, her voice quiet, thick with emotion "Unless I've missed something they are very clear on this. If we agree, we are their subjects. There is at no point any hint given we would be released later. Things like:

We are placing your Spheres under our jurisdiction.
From hereforth, you are a part of our Star Empire.

Therefore, we are removing your freedom.
We will be blunt: you will be unfree.
You will be our subjects.
You will be treated as the children you are.

They talk about all they will give us. Freedom is not on the menu. If we give in, that's it. We're a sub-citizen part of the Taraakian Empire.

Congratulations, Kalanyr and Siobhan. Still, it is sad to see you pronaunce your love at prink of destruction. I wish for you, it could have been different day.
Thanks. We certainly feel the same. But if you might never get the chance, why wait?;)

My friends, I guess I am too human. I will stand with you Kalanyr, Siobhan, to that bitter end, if need be. But please, reconsider. More quetions need to be asked. I don't like how Dread-folk is grinning. I don't like that power-hungry glitter in Kas' eyes. That's not love for freedom, it it love of selfish creature for his control and power.
I hope it's been made absolutely clear that we are not siding with the Dread Alliance. They are the greatest threat and if the Militant Fair attack us, it will be while we are trying to finish off the Dread Alliance. WE will not attack the Taraakians. It is they who are saying they will attack us. If there is to be a war, they will be starting it. We would prefer peace. But if peace is just another word for surrender, then we will regretfully have to defend ourselves.

I understand others in the OA might be tempted by this. We believe in freedom, our own freedom of choice and the rights of others to choice their own path. You know me. I've been in the Oerth Alliance from the very start. I've done my best to help people, friend and foe. To save those enslaved. 'He who gives up freedom in the name of security, will have neither.' We hope others in the Oerth Alliance will stand with us. But that's for you to decide."

Serpenteye

First Post
A few hours ago, in the Kevellond Embassy in the Union of Worlds

__________________William Ronald posted:
At the Embassy of the Kevellond League
Before the God Emperor arrives, Ambassador Guillaum Dolanor mutters, "They are scanning us!! It breaks all diplomatic protocols. It's an act of war!"

Hazen shakes his head, a look of disappointment. "I expected this. The God Emperor is consistent."

Hazen listens to the God Emperor.

"No threats to you are meant here. Sadly, I cannot tell you that the Alliance of Dread has been vanquished and that our soldiers should celebrate."

"Behind your words and your actions, I have seen a man with a deep love of country and his people. I also sensed a man who suffered a deep loss, perhaps helping him to empathize with his people."

"I can not heal every wound, but I believed your pain needed to be addressed. I am not your enemy, and I hope that you do not see me as one. Despite the scan of the embassy," Hazen smiles politely and with his right hand beckons.

An Angel, beautiful beyond mortal comprehension, holds a child in his arms. It is an infant girl wrapped in clothes finer than silk, shinier than gold or mithral. She is deeply asleep, a contented smile on her beautiful young face.

"This is not a simulacrum or an illusion. It is her whom you loved and wished to give so much to in her life. She has no memory of her passing."

"Many assisted in finding her and restoring her to the world of the living? A Power mightier and purer than words can described aided. This Eternal Power loves your daughter and yourself for who you are and whom you both might yet become. Your daughter is returned. She has not been altered in any way from the last time you saw her alive and well. Love her. Her only thoughts as she dreams now are of the father who loves her. A gentle touch from you will awaken her."

The Angel hands Hazen the child. Hazen holds the young girl gently, and delicately presents her to the God Emperor of the Union.

"A cruel joke, Hazen. My child is dead, it's beyond any power to return her to me." The deadly cold of his voice makes the child toss fearfully in her sleep.

"There are powers greater than your own, God Emperor," Hazen replies serenely "Few things are truly impossible and this is not one of them. Take the child in your arms and you will know the truth."

"This is an age of lies and illusions, nothing is certain, nothing ever can be." The God Emperor stops for a moment, suddenly uncertain, and then continues. "You're trying to manipulate me, your motives are obvious. You've created this deception, to place me in your dept, to convert me, to control me?! There is no need for these lies, our goals for the near future are the same, we have a common enemy that must be dealt with. This, this sham, will not divert me from that. In time, maybe even this can be forgotten. I do not wage war for personal insults."

"We do not lie. We do not manipulate. We are the truth." The Angel speaks in glorious pity. "We cannot conceal the truth from you. Take the child in your arms and you will know."

The God Emperor extends a thread of golden light from his aura to rest on her forhead. The child stirrs as the God Emperor reads trough her memories, his face a mask of cold detatchment. "My compliments on your skill, this is extremely well crafted."

"Touch her."

"Very Well then. Let this farce end." a subtle twist of gravity carries the child gently to his extended arms and a pair of green eyes open to look into his. The God Emperor looks stunned and then falls to his knees, his golden aura flaring and casting harch shadows on the walls. He trembles, struggling visibly with some powerful emotion and when he looks up towards Hazen his face is twisted with rage, grief, joy and humiliation. Hazen, with the emotional suseptability of the Angels barely manage to avoid backing away from the sheer intensity of those emotions. "..." Unable to speak, he merely looks at Hazen and then the child, linking his mind to hers with magic, filling his consiousness with her thoughts. "Thank you" ,a single crystal tear falls to the child's forehead and breaks in a hundred pearls of gold and electric blue. The child laughs in delight at the pretty colours. "Thank you. This, there is nothing I can do to repay this. Nothing."

The God Emperor rise to his feet, serene once again. "A wise investment, Hazen, my good will is worth quite a lot. Now, I must go to secure the inheritance of my daughter." He teleports out, back to the City of Gold on Mechanus and calls off the order to the legions.

"There is nothing that you will not posess, no power that will be beyond you. Your name will resound beyond the borders of infinity, Naganika, my daughter."

Zelda Themelin

First Post
"Kalanyr, Siobhan, I'd like us stay and listen what Taraakians answer to my questions.

Simple words can often be misundertood, and we've for so long stood in middle of destruction and lies. It causes us easily to except the worse. We've heard to many unyelding demands withing few last days Taraakians. This is not good day to heards another one. Not sane day to heard one at all.

You call us children, but have you truly ever had children like our kind has? You call as children, make demands, and then accept us to choose 'wisely and adult-like' the way you'd like us to.

You aren't giving same demands to us. It means different things to us. Both freedom loving people and powerhungry people are saying no to you, for different reasons.

I don't like the decision I'm going to make, but it's one I have to make. I wait you to answer and hope your answer makes it possible for my friends to change their mind.

Taraakians do have a point, and we would love to repair this terrible damage alongside them, but not at price seeing you walk alone to darkness.

Kalanyr and Siobhan, it just doesn't feel right to me, that your love for freedom would turn to your doom.

We accept Taraakian terms, but only if they let you choose freely. That is my decision.

If neither can come to pass, we will walk the sad path with you lovers two."

Ergoth-Nog looks at Kas and Dreaders.

"I don't care for your choices however. Only those I name my friends."

Serpenteye

First Post
In the remains of the Shadow Throne

The God Emperor conjures up an elaborate throne of electrosteel and leans back, calmly observing the tarraakian. Hovering next to the chair is a sphere of swirling semiopaque energy containing his daughter. Powerful spells accellerating her learning and experience are flowing trough the sphere and she laughs innocently as the power cources trough her. Weaker energies are flowing over her hands and diffuse shapes appear and vanish at her whim, but when the God Emperor speaks she falls silent and looks at the terraakian with a wisdom far beyond her age.

"Your generosity is touching," he sneers venomously and the child gurgles in humorous appreciation, "but misguided. We will not submit to you, if you attack us we will resist with all the means at our disposal. You have seen what destruction Oerthians can create when we're divided against each others, you do not want to experience what our united strength can do. Do not underestimate our power, do not underestimate our will to fight. Leave, for your own safety, return to your own space before we are forced to destroy you."

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr merely looks at Ergoth Nog, tears streaming down his face.

"Thank you my friend. But I do not wish you to walk into darkness for our choices.

If that is what you desire, then we are thankful for your sacrifice and support, if not walk the path you choose.

I will certainly hear what the Taraakian's have to say. "

Remove ads