• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes: A Saga of Might

Frozen Messiah

First Post
Wade gets pulled along by the chain and keeps up without falling over, it was nothing like being on a ship in a storm. Him getting puled like that gave him an idea. Wade runs around the ur-man that they are all attacking to try to trip him with the chains at their feet.

[sblock]
BAB check: 1d20+3=22
to trip him with the chain, I think that is the appropriate check :erm:
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Olmar steps forwards, next to Vela; the powerfully built man from the Northern Mountains towering over the wiry woman from the far East. Olmar's huge fist cracks into the ur-man's face, staggering the creature. Remarkably, it is still standing, but this grants Wade the opportunity to duck past it and try to entangle it with the very chains that imprison you all.

Sadly, although Wade manages to wrap his end of the chain around the ur-man's legs, he lacks the leverage to pull it over, and with a savage grunt and a contemptuous flick of its narrow hips it uses the chain to tug Wade to the floor. The scourge whistles and cracks a hair's breadth above Wade's head.

[sblock=OOC]
So, to speed combat I guess I'm kind of doing initiative in the order of who posts when, although I'll generally leave it until a few responses have come in.

Rolls:

Olmar: Fist attack 18+4=22, hits for 1d3+5=7 damage. 1 Fury token.

Wade: Tumble to avoid AoO, 18+8=26, success. Trip attack as rolled, hits, Str checks 15+0 and 7+7 vs. ur-man's strength checks, Wade fails to trip it and it trips him in return.

The thing looks to be on its last legs.

Positions are now:
Vela and Olmar on one side of ur-man, William next to it in the middle and Xoria and Wade on the other, thanks to Wade's flanking move.
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 2/11; DR 1d4

Relying on the wolfpack (flanking) tactics, Olmar slaps himself in the face to focus. Opening himself up, the reckless punch to the Ur-Man is much harder...

[sblock=ooc]
Standard: Unarmed Attack: 1d20+4; 1d3+5 (base)
Using Power attack, flanking and Reckless strike for:
1d20+5; 1d3+8 / Defense = 10
Move: Stoking Fury
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Vela hisses in pain and flinches back instinctively. Fortunately, the other slaves used the opening to surge forward and press the attack. Relief flooded her, made her almost giddy though it didn't show on her face. Attacking had been a gamble. Had she been chained with the broken-spirited, the ur-man's unnatural vitality might have seen her beaten down before she could break him.

Putting the fire on her belly in the back of her mind, she assumed the wide-footed poise of the Asp Strikes From Sand...an aggressive posture balanced to allow fast snap kicks and strikes. She then stepped forward, pivoting around her forward foot for momentum, and bringing the edge of her hand swinging around like a knife's blade aimed for the ur-man's neck!

(1d20+5 to hit, for 1d3+4 damage, Def 15)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Veins bulge in Olmar's neck as the mighty barbarian commits all his might to a reckless lunge at the ur-man. His fists connect, and you hear the sounds of ribs breaking. Scarcely does the ur-man have time to emit an angry hiss of breath than Vela's hand snaps his neck and the creature drops to the ground, dead.

[sblock=ooc]
Olmar fist strike 20+5=25, crit confirm 7+5=12, not crit. hits for 1d3+8=10 damage. This is actually enough to kill it, but Vela's attack was added for drama!

Olmar: 2 fury points.

The ur-man has a scourge (Whip Proficiency, 1d4 lethal damage, no reach but otherwise as whip) and some wierd ur-man leather armour which can be worn by humans for DR 1d2/magic, but has an ACP of -2. His fallen companions had other weapons but these might require some digging to get to. You are still all chained, of course.
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Veins bulge in Olmar's neck as the mighty barbarian commits all his might to a reckless lunge at the ur-man. His fists connect, and you hear the sounds of ribs breaking. Scarcely does the ur-man have time to emit an angry hiss of breath than Vela's hand snaps his neck and the creature drops to the ground, dead.

Xoria looks down at the dead slaver. "We'd better move quickly," she tells her companions factually. "The earthquake won't keep them distracted long."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
As Wade goes down and feels the whips breaking the air behind his head he breaths a sigh of relief. {sailors luck I geuss.} Wade thinks to himself as he hits the ground hard and then hears the sickening crack of a neck, nearer to the base of the brain rather than the shoulders.

Wade gets himself on his two feet again and then he looks at the man. {He definetly die from the damage to the spine due to the destortion of the skin} Wade thinks to himself as he studies the body and then the woman begins to speak. "Oh i, that sounds like a plan, but could we get these cahins off first." Wade says looking over to the huge man, "I mean ya snapped the mans bloody neck you might have a chance at bustins one o' our chains"

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 2/11; DR 1d4

Olmar nods at the smaller man. Gnashing his teeth and rolling his eyes, he summons his anger about his captivity. Then he grips the chain in the smaller man's head sized fists and pulls with all his might. As he pulls, his eyes slightly bulge.

[sblock=ooc]
Olmar seems to be a silent one ;)

Using Berserker Strength to add to Olmar's strength. He gets a trait/size bonus for pushing, dragging, grappling. I don't know if it helps in this case.

Str: 1d20+4 (with BS bonus).
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Olmar's mighty sinews bulge with effort. The fury of a mountain man struggles against ur-man steel, and with final inhuman effort, Olmar breaks the chain!

[sblock=ooc]
Strength check 20+4=24. With the encounter now over, Olmar's fury pool subsides (although you'd spent both tokens anyway).

Wade is free (albeit still with a manacle and length of chain attached to his right ankle), the rest of you are still chained together. As well as your own adventure goals, each character has an extra bit of information, some useful now, some maybe later, some may be true, some not:

[sblock=Olmar]
A fellow prisoner called Talent, a feeble old man who has been here all his lifelifer, has told you of a secret way out of the mines, after you helped him out against the prison bully, a thug named Kane. Talent lacks the strength of body and mind to attempt it, but he has given you directions to a deep tunnel where he claims you can access an underground river that may lead out.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Xoria]
Every so often, at irregular intervals, a convoy of ur-men with wagons arrives to take the salt away. You know from overhearing the ur-men that one is currently in camp, ready to leave at nightfall (the ur-men and their beasts prefer to travel at night).
[/sblock]

[sblock=William]
You have heard from other prisoners that if a mercenary ever needs work, seek out the wizard Harthrax in the City-State of Zor, who is always in need of good fighters and apparentlly pays well for dangerous missions. If you ever get out here, that is….
[/sblock]

[sblock=Wade]
You have in your possession a carefully guarded map, given to you by a dying compatriot. It purports to show the location of an island in the Sea of Storms where great riches lie in a ruined temple. All you’d need is a ship, a crew… and to get out of this gods-forsaken mine.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Vela]
There are rumours amongst the slaves about others who have managed to escape. The ur-men rule a nearby port, but they allow humans to travel more freely there. If you find the tavern known as the Manticore’s Eye, ask for someone named Chance; he is known to give assistance to runaway slaves.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/11; DR 1d4

Breathing heavily, Olmar explains: "Very strong. Cannot do again.
I know of a tunnel, deep inside the earth. Will lead us to river."

[sblock=ooc]
I had hoped to free myself first :). But this is also good. Very dramatic!
With Olmar as brute, one sorceress and one lean female amazon, we just lack a cunning thief to open the chains ;)

[/sblock]

Remove ads