• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes: A Saga of Might

Shayuri

First Post
Vela eyes Olmar with a little wariness...he was an ally, but his brute strength was still something to be respectful of. Even a tame tiger would bite if given a chance.

She then nodded at the fallen rock and spoke in a heavily accented Common tongue. "We'll need their weapons and equipment if it comes to a real fight. And one of them might have the key to these chains. If not, we can steal slave tools and pick them apart."

After a moment's pause, she added, "And...I have heard from other slaves talking that there is a man who will help those who escape the leash of the ur-men. If we get out, I will take us to him."

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/11; DR 1d4

Olmar nods at Vela's remark and starts to remove stones... of sizes, the others thought not lift-able by a mere human being.

[sblock=ooc]
I would feel more comfortable if the party has some equipment... and tools to remove the chains!
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
With the group clustered around the pile of rocks, Xoria manages to find enough slack in the chain to slip up to Vela.

"You're hurt," she observes, examining the bloody streaks along Vela's chest. Xoria bends and tears a long strip of cloth from the tunic under the ur-man's strange armor. Ignoring the reaction of the desert woman, she methodically pulls the strip taut and carefully applies pressure to the wound.

[sblock=ooc]
Using Heal skill (tunic business just a special effect).
Assuming I have all this right:
DC for Treat Wounds is 15
Xoria has Heal skill 5 + 4 for Healing Mastery = 9
If successful, she moves up to 6 points from Vela's reserve pool to HP

[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"Thankee very much my large friend, a long as I am free I can scout ahead all that I have to do is," Wade notes how the woman ripped off a strip of the ur-man's clothing and he does the same and puts the left over chain amount of chain on the side of his leg and wraps the fabric around his leg holding the chain in place, "There, na no clanking and I can ner'e move befere. So I hear that we be havin a plan to get us outta here, but we need ta get ta dis man am I correct 'ere?" Wade askes as he looks toward the woman who stated the fact "Dats all fine and dandy, but I don't know da lot a ya. I might as well begin, Wade "The Shark" Stern. I come from a family of hunters of da sea and we don't just go fer da fishes but da monsters." Wade says with a large amount of pride as he walks into the middle of the group.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shifting the rockpile, you uncover the mangled remains of the other four ur-men and their equipment. Whilst Xoria binds Vela's wounds, Olmar uncovers the following items:

One spear, intact
One spear, broken but usable as one half-spear and one club
Two spears, smashed beyond use (blades might be salvageble given time and equipment)

One suit of ur-man armour, tattered but useable (Light, Dr1d2/magic, ACP-2)
three suits of ur-man armour, shredded beyind use but perhaps repairable given time and equipment.

Two daggers, useable
Two daggers, buckled beyond use but possibly salvageable etc. etc.

Olmar's "secret escape route" lies on ahead. From the upwards passage you can here sounds of someone approaching, likely coming to investigate the cave-in.

[sblock=ooc]
Not quite on the Heal check.

Vela can transfer her own reserve points at the rate of one per minute, so a five minute rest (giving the boys enough time to search) quild be enough for her to spend 5 reserve points to recover full hit points.

Xoria's Heal check (+5 score, +4 feat bonus) 17+9=26, beats DC 15, allows the restoration of a number of Reserve points equal to ranks in Heal (4) +2 for feat.

So, the upshot is that Vela is fully healed with a restored reserve pool.

Hm, complicated!
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/11; DR 1d4

"Found somethings. Mostly broken." Olmar keeps the makeshift club and one bend dagger, but leaves the rest for the others. "Maybe you can use rest. Can break other spear, if you need smaller weapons. Escape route lies ahead." On his way he speaks, you can say that Olmar has still some difficulties with the language, but not with thinking.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Club (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+3 - 1d6+6

In berserker rage:
1d20+4 - 1d6+8

[/sblock]

Phaezen

First Post
William grabs a dagger from the pile.

Looking at the rest of the group he notes "I would prefer to have another but one will do for the moment."

He also grabs 4 or 5 stones from the cave in that he can throw, if push comes to shove.

"Sounds like company is on the way, shall we make our escape before it arrives?"

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"I'm gonna grab da spear dat's intact, it's not da trident dat I lost to those damnd ur-men but it's a start." Wade says as he grabs the spear and jabs into the air to test out it's balance and wieght. He pauses and waits for the group to decide waht should be done, he wishes to see the politics of the group work themsleves.

[sblock=@ DR.Simon]
I'm just reminding you that Wade have perceptive so any time Wade has the chance of noticing anything you have to roll to see if he notices anything than I will roll again if to see what he actually percieves
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Xoria looks nervously over her shoulder at the sounds of the approaching voices. She picks up the remaining dagger and presses it into Vela's hands.

"Let's go," she says quietly. Shackled to the end of the line as she is, it is clear she is eager for the party to move.

Shayuri

First Post
Vela glances at the dagger dismissively and gives her shackles an annoyed look. She'd been hoping to find something to unlock them...but there was no more time for that now.

"We're going. Each of us watch the one in front and keep pace. If you need to slow down, say something. Better to slow than for one of us to stumble."

With that she started down the path that had been indicated as leading to a way out at a brisk, but easily matched, pace.

Remove ads