• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iron Heroes: A Saga of Might

Walking Dad

First Post
Defense 12 (FF12), HP 18/18, F +4,R+3,W+3; Ini +2 ; Fury Pool 0/11; DR 1d4

... "I would prefer to have another but one will do for the moment."

Vela glances at the dagger dismissively ...

"If not want dagger, give it Will. Not needing it any way!" Olmar suggests Vela, saying the last sentence with some admiration.

[sblock=ooc]

----

Club (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+3 - 1d6+6

In berserker rage:
1d20+4 - 1d6+8
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
The group continues down the tunnel, Wade in the vanguard. This is a familiar route for all of you, leading down to the lower excavations. Here and there the floor is littered with newly fallen rocks from the recent tremor.

Abruptly you come to the tunnel mouth.

The tunnel opens onto a broad, tall cavern carved by years of slave labour and lit by evenly spaced rushlights. The tang of salt is heavy in the air, and Wade is reminded of his days on the sea. Many tunnels lead off from this cavern, some at ground height, some at the level of a series of wooden catwalks ranged overhead and reached by ladders.

A short distance away, a space that could be covered in a few seconds at a run, is a small shack. one ur-man with a spear stands guard over its single locked door. The shack, you know from experience, houses the tools that are issued to slaves brought to the mine face.

Two more ur-man guards patrol the catwalks overhead, armed with crossbows.

The rest of the ur-men, another eight in total that you can see, are supervising teams of slaves who are clearing debris left by the quake, or continuing the main business of the mine and loading sacks of salt onto a wooden elevator system at the far end of the cavern.

Olmar's escape route lies across the narrow width of the cavern and slightly to the right of the shack, an unlit tunnel (one of the many abandoned mining seams) with a simple hurdle to signify no entry.

[sblock=ooc]
I hope the lack of map isn't too restricting, I'm trying to keep it more story-like and less wargamey. Suffiice to say that whatever you are trying to do, you will need some way of evading the attention of (or neutralising) the catwalk sentries and probably the shack guard. At the moment, no-one else is paying much attention to things outside their own tasks.
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Xoria eyes the layout of the catwalks, noting a natural alcove that sits near the space where the two guards stand.

[sblock=ooc]
Xoria is considering trying to distract the guards with a Sensory Deception of a roar coming from somewhere close to them that they cannot see. Is there a tunnel or alcove that is positioned such that if the catwalk guards and the ur men further from the site all look at it, they will not notice the group charging the shed?

I realize she can't actually cast where she can't see, but a noise coming from just outside the tunnel is probably going to convince onlookers it came from inside the tunnel (right?).

Since I've asked for clarification, let me also run the spell past you:
Sensory Deception (loud noise):
Size: 1 space - Mastery lvl 1

Mana cost: 1
DC for casting: 6 (5 + lvl 1 mastery)
Roll is 1d20+2 (mastery lvl for illusions)

Duration will only be concentration

Is this all correct?

Also, with duration concentration, she can spend a move action to move, and a move action to maintain the spell, correct?
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post

"Best we sneaky like mountain lion. To many to fight. We need distraction." Olmar whispers looking for a weak point in the catwalk structure.

[sblock=ooc]
Any chance to bring the catwalk down by smahing or toppling some pillar?

----

Club (gripped with both hand and Power attack 1):
1d20+3 - 1d6+6

In berserker rage:
1d20+4 - 1d6+8
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
mfloyd3 - yes, all that looks in order to me. You can reach down the other end of the cavern to one of the tunnel entrances at that end (range 120 ft. with your mastery level).

WD - Yes, the catwalks are held up on a rickety-looking gentry system.
[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer

"Best we sneaky like mountain lion. To many to fight. We need distraction." Olmar whispers looking for a weak point in the catwalk structure.

"I can distract the guards," Xoria says, trying to ignore her distaste for the bearded giant's brutish ways. "But it won't last long. Can the rest of you quickly and quietly take down the guard by the shed? We can grab a pick for the chains and be down the tunnel before they know it."

Frozen Messiah

First Post
"I can distract the guards," Xoria says, trying to ignore her distaste for the bearded giant's brutish ways. "But it won't last long. Can the rest of you quickly and quietly take down the guard by the shed? We can grab a pick for the chains and be down the tunnel before they know it."

"Lass, I can do quickly and quietly" Wade says with a smirk, "but let's move back der fer a sec and plan dis ting out a little better." Wade says to everyone. "Now I'm da only one dat can move seperate from da group. I can git down der where da slaves are and take one a dem guards hostage and try nd stall fer time der, if need be I will hamper 'is leg so as he can't move all dat good and I will run inta da slaves to cause confshun. Yous guys get ta da shed and git does chains offa ya and take out those sentries up der." While saying all of this he is drawing out the battle plans with the back of his spear. He thinks about what seems to be going on here and how is taking the leadership role of the group, a role he new well from his time as a capitan of a ship

Phaezen

Adventurer
William hefts the dagger he grabbed from the pile eyeing the guard "It's not a bow, but I might be able to to bring the guard down from here, or at least wound it and if someone is in position nearby they can take it out easier"

mfloyd3

Explorer
William hefts the dagger he grabbed from the pile eyeing the guard "It's not a bow, but I might be able to to bring the guard down from here, or at least wound it and if someone is in position nearby they can take it out easier"

"No, wait," objected Xoria, quietly but urgently. "We don't have to fight the ones in the crowd, or the ones on the catwalk. I'll distract them. We just need to kill the guard between us and the exit quickly, before the others notice. You," she added, indicating the sailor, "Can grab a pick from the shed and catch up with the rest of us. We can break out of the chains later, where they can't hear us."

Remove ads