• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Iron Kingdoms] The Age of Rust.

linnorm

Explorer
Eyvind

KaintheSeeker said:
Tyra

Thrya smirks at the look overshe is given. "Why is it you give the same lecture? I've heard how you try ta rattle everyone that come through. I'm good with a pistol an got some skill in maigc," nods to the scout. "He looks to be good with that blade, the gobber is skilled with his hands...." her eyes linger on Dark. "And him.. wel... he gives me the twitchin willies, no offense Mate, and maybe he'll do the same with the other side." grins wickedly.

Eyvind

Eyvind turns to face Gleiner as he enters and grunts at his comments, "Vas? Eg hafn ta prove migself each teem?" He nods back to Tyra and reaches up to the bow over his shoulder, as if reassuring himself it's still there. He glances at each of the others as she continues.

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
Kneecap starts huffing and puffing, his brow furrowing. He climbs onto the table and stands, trying to be of equal height to his comrades.

"Ready he asks me. Heh. I'm ready. Ready ready ready. Sneaky sneaky. Good at avoiding the blades I am. Run up to them and bash their kneecaps!!"

His skin suddenly shifts color, from purple to gray to jet black. Standing perfectly still, he almost diasappears into the dark, sooty room.

"Now, what's the job?"

Dirigible

Explorer
All:

Gleiner nods thoughtfully, listning to your responces.

"Aye. Well. In the absense of real adventchurers, yer'll have ta do" he grin makes it clear he's meerly teasing.

"As it 'happens, I do 'ave a job lined up fer yer... well, I guess yer'll 'ave figured that all by yerselves. Else why'd I 'ave called on yer? Heh. Not fer yer sparlin' personalities, I tells yer.

"Now, let's us talk terms. I allus handles it thusly: fifteen percent of yer fee from the em-ployer, fifteen percent of yer loot. You got a problem with that, yer can wlak away now. Don't trying to screw me after the job, or we'll be 'aving problems. Fairs fair?" He waits for your responces before continuing.

linnorm

Explorer
Dirigible said:
All:

Gleiner nods thoughtfully, listning to your responces.

"Aye. Well. In the absense of real adventchurers, yer'll have ta do" he grin makes it clear he's meerly teasing.

"As it 'happens, I do 'ave a job lined up fer yer... well, I guess yer'll 'ave figured that all by yerselves. Else why'd I 'ave called on yer? Heh. Not fer yer sparlin' personalities, I tells yer.

"Now, let's us talk terms. I allus handles it thusly: fifteen percent of yer fee from the em-ployer, fifteen percent of yer loot. You got a problem with that, yer can wlak away now. Don't trying to screw me after the job, or we'll be 'aving problems. Fairs fair?" He waits for your responces before continuing.

Eyvind nods, "Ja, fair's fair."

"Aye, enough of the melodrama, what is the job, how much do it pay and be quick about it.. it's hard to justify 3 in 10 crowns goin to yer pocket? I hope that it will leave enough fer powder an shot."

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
Kneecap scratches his chin, thinking for a pause.

"Hrrrm. Fifteen percent? I suppose that's not so much. Provided the details of the job pan out as you say."

Dirigible

Explorer
All:

"Heh. You're eager... that's good." The Thurian scratches his chin and seats himself on a stool behind the metal bars. "Well, my darlin's, here's the plot..."

"One of my chummies came to me th' other day, and a right mess he was, one eye all blooded up, missin' some fingers and other bits. I says to him 'Charlie,', for such was 'is name 'Charlie, what 'appened to yer?'. 'Marx', 'ee says to me 'I needs yer 'elp to find me a job that's amenable to a man of limited capabilities, as I am'. And I says 'That may be, me darlin', but 'ow'd you end up in these dire straights?' And he tells me, him and his crew did take a contract for a foreign nob by the name of Marquessa Milanae Verena, by your bloody leave, and it turned right nasty. 'Ee tells me she hired 'is lads to find a few gubbinz for 'er; the first was a phial of some sod's blood, apparently real important-like, and hear tell it's down in the undercity, somewhere."

He sucks on his teeth noisily for a moment, and the gaslights flicker. "So, I sends a few feelers off Madame Verena's way, askin' if'n I might be of service with her little problem. And I get's back a letter, sayin' she would be willin' to deal, though me, for some competant 'elp. That, me little jackahearts, is where you come in." He slides a slightly grubby sheet of folded paper under the grill. "This 'eres her address; it's a big mansion outsidea the burgh. She'll be hex-pecting you once you've found the phial, and will 'ave your payment forwarded to me once it's firmly in 'er 'and. You'll also find details of the job, what's what and where's where."

After a moment he slaps his forehead theatrically and gasps. "Oh, lummy! 'Ow could I 'ave fergotten? Your reward fer 'elpin' this lady in distress will be, less my fee, of course, the princely sum of four 'undred and twenty five goldheads." He pauses slightly, glancing at Tyra. "That be'in Llaelese currency, 'er ladyship be'in one of your countrymen. Err, that is to say, countrywomen."

He stands, and picks up a jeweller's monocle and a gold ring set with a large pearl. Peering at it, he mutters "Fifteen 'hundred? Fifteen 'undred? I'll bloody fifteen 'undred 'im if 'ee thinks this is real pearl..." He glances up, and seems to realsie you're still there. "Don't let me detain you, me lovlies..."

Last edited:

linnorm

Explorer
Eyvind

Eyvind

Eyvind steps up to the grill. Taking the sheet of paper, he turns and holds it out to Tyra. Smiling, "Du read, ja?" He then waits to hear what the paper says.

Shadowfane

First Post
The man called Dark studiously ignores the others in the room. As the Thurian pawn-broker asks for the motley crew to establish their credentials his glower deepens and his mouth moves faster; the flickering shadows of the gas-light seem to draw towards him and the temperature in the room drops noticeably.

The comment by the curvaceous gunslinger does little to settle his rising agitation, but when Gleiner mentions the Marquessa, the tension seems to drop from his bony frame and his eyes ignite with interest. He nods furiously as the Thurian finishes his piece, seemingly satisfied with what he hears, or perhaps with the conclusion of some conversation unheard outside of the confines of his head.

Last edited:

Remove ads