• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Iron Kingdoms] The Age of Rust.

Dirigible

Explorer
All:

Squinting in the dim light, Tyra begins to read. The paper is of the fine quality used only by the rich, though it is badly smudged with grease and soot. One one side is a letter written in an elegant hand, and on the other is a sketched map and annotations in Gleiner's snarled penmanhsip and appaling spelling.

The letter reads;
- Mr Gleiner;
The Item I would like retrieved is a clear crystal phial, four inches long and half an inch wide. The base is rounded, and the top stoppered with an intricate gold lace cap, in the form of a royal cruciform. It is three quarters full of blood, reputedly belonging to Ascendant Corben before his Apotheoisis.

It has been in my family for several centuries, a gift from a priest of my ancestor's acquaintance. Last year, we were subject to a burglary, and the phial, amongst other items of value, was stolen. A retainer of mine discrened that the objects had been stolen to order by a party in or around Corvis; she disappeared soon after, however. Further expenditures on my part have allowed me to discover that the phial is in the possession of some form of twisted, 'urban druid'; a sewer dwelling witch by the name of Nakira or Nekira.

I have been informed you are a resourceful man; I trust the enclsoed downpayment will persuade you of my seriousness in this matter. No doubt, you will be able to find where this thieving witch resides, and know someone with the necessary skills to recover it.

Attachments

• corvis note.jpg
    corvis note.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:

Dirigible

Explorer
(OOC: I realise the annotations may be a little difficult to read; allow me to transcribe:

Whrlpool
Rat tunnls
Ragpiker's Cort
Sunkn cellars
Into crypt

Kneecap and Tyra, as residents, recognize the street name. Broadchane Promenade is a wide avenue that forms a rough semircircle around the western half of the city, at some distance. It's where people rich and posh enough not to want to live on top of a swamp reside).

edit: The entrace to this section of sewers is marked somewhere in the Industrial bourg.

Last edited:

Shadowfane

First Post
Dark hugs himself closely as Tyra reads the letter, all the while muttering under his breath and occassionally shaking his head violently to some unheard request.

Last edited:

Tyra

She arches an eyebrow at the 'prize' of this hunt as she checks the letter over again, and looks to the others. "Well Lads, time ta get going eh?" runs a rueful finger over her meager collection of powder charges as she thinks to herself that she might not have enough for a sewer crawl, and making a wry face as she thinks on the bath she'll need after it.

linnorm

Explorer
Eyvind

Eyvind

At mention of travelling in the sewers Eyvind's face wrinkles in disgust. "Ja, sooner vee get started, sooner vee get out of steenking sewer.

Dirigible

Explorer
All:

The four of you make your way out into the fog-shrouded alleyway... well, three, anyway. The twitchy Rynnish magician seems already to have left the room as Marx Gleiner nods you a farewell.

As Kneecap sidles out of the office, he sees Dark standing a short way out into the fog, appartently engaged in a vitriolic argument with the sky. Then, his pointy gobber ears pick up another sound... water dripping, above the perpetual trickling from beneath the flagstones... something rasping metal against stone, the sound of something heavy being dragged... or dragging itself. The sound echoes from both ends of the alley, faint enough that you doubt the others have heard.

Tyra, folding the letter and tucking it into a fold of her cloak, and as she looks up she catches a glimpse of something moving in the thick fog, awfully near at hand... something tall, a humanoid silhouette.

Dark is still off in his own world, and Eyvind is saying a last goodbye to Gleiner as the door swings home.

(OOC: Names abbreviated to first letter. K and T are aware, D and E are surprised. On the left hand side of the alley, it ends in the wall, while the right
opens onto a street.)

Init Order-
Tyra: 19
Eyvind: 14 (when he becomes aware)
Kneecap: 5
Dark: 4 (when he becomes aware)

Tyra

Quirkying an eyebrow she nods to the others as she pulls her pistol and points to figure she saw. "Oi lads, we might have some chaps followin us." speaks quiet enough to be heard.by the group.

OOC: Holding action till a threat shows itself.

Last edited:

linnorm

Explorer
Eyvind

After saying his last goodbye Eyvind steps out and sees Tyra pointing her pistol into the fog. He quickly pulls his bow, nocks, and awaits the appearance of a threat.

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
[cyan]KNEECAP[/cyan]

Kneecap will move flush with the alleyway walls, creeping along using his Gobber hide skills (+6).

Kneecap will move forward 15", drawing his quarterstaff.

Using his Gobber darkvision, he will try to determine what is approaching them and if it might be friendly...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads