(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution Recruiting Thread (Overun Thread)

TheWiseWarlord

First Post
Creamsteak: You probably missed it, no big deal with the thread having so many posts, but Kalanyr did want his Artifact to give a +3/+3 Character Bonus, instead of an Army Bonus. Just giving you the heads up. Thanks again for being so diligent in updating the lists.

Xeriar

First Post
creamsteak said:
The Mantis Clan is the developing Technomancy in Rokugan. They have been industrializing heavily, and becoming one of the most powerful and well equiped militaries. You already possess ships with cannons, guns, European construction abilities, and a bunch o' other crap. Your advanced to about the year 1880 (alla Edena's Gnomish Technomancy) in weapons development and such. Becaus of this you are considered a +1/+1 on all attacks and defenses. You have "50" tech points. Other players don't have a starting tech score.

10 Tech Points: +1/+0
30 Tech Points: +1/+1
60 Tech Points: +2/+1
100 Tech Points: +2/+2
150 Tech Points: +3/+2
210 Tech Points: +3/+3

I'll decide randomely on whether or not you develop "the bomb." The minimum tech score is 100 to get nukes, (0% chance) and every point you get past that your chance goes up 1 %. If players decide nukes won't be played, I'll throw the idea out.

Is this what the IR thing is about?

I do not believe that this is for me. Interesting and all but now I get what is meant by it not being the Rokugan Black Omega is used to when he was talking about something -I- wasn't even used to.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Well, more or less thats what the words Industrial Revolution were refering to. We can drop that element if the players want to.

See, the first three IRs were run by Edena of Neith, and were called Gnomish Industrial Revolutions. Gnomes changed the face of the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, and the Greyhawk. They ripped those worlds apart about fifty times.

Now, I just like the idea of a free-form strategy game. I don't mind the technology, but then again I don't need it in order to have fun.

If you make a case (it doesn't have to be anything special) that the game doesn't need to be based around the Industrial revolution -you can change that. I'm all about what the players want. Black Omega (a vocal player in the last IR) doesn't really see the need for the technology element.

Don't drop out just yet, make a case and see if players agree with you. People havn't been sharing thier opinions with me. I have never heard anyone say that they want the world to be run with the industrial revolution.

I'm not going to make amends to accomodate one players, but it's up to the players as a whole how to run the game.

I'll continue my little post in on minute.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Allright, I'm going to open up another thread in this forrum. It will be a poll. I will wait till at least ten votes are made. There are going to be three options.

1) No Technology (means that you cannot develop technology at all and it is not part of the game in any way. Basically that turns this game into a clan war).

2) Technology, but it must be developed. (You can develop technology, but nobody starts with it. Basically going for the medium).

3) Gnomish Industrial Revolution. (The standards set by the last IR).

Xeriar

First Post
I am not opposed to technology per se, but rather the level of technology - ie nukes.

Gunpowder and guns are indeed a phenomenon approaching Rokugan - in fact, some gaijin tried to get their way with a bunch of cannons some eight centuries prior. They got stomped, of course. It's also why gaijin stuff is banned.

Sorry for not responding recently, a friend is over at my house and we were playing WC III for most of the day, I will finish up my artifact tomorrow most likely, but I didn't realize there was such a rush needed. I'm not sure if there should be only 7 of the 12 black scrolls, while useful, it takes away the goal of finding them all, even though they each are powerful in their own right.

Forsaken One, I believe the Bone of Lord Moon is currently possessed by Lady Moon but Creamsteak may allow you to use it.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Oh, if thats the issue: Like I said in the post, I don't mind getting rid of nukes. They require "Way" too much ad-hocking. They also involve a lot of things that I just can't give an expert opinion on in any way. Does the radiation move through the atmosphere from one nuke? Will it destroy crops?

In the last IR I think two nukes got launched (that doesn't include against the elder ones, which were in another plane of existence).

I don't want to see them play a major roll in the game, but that's up to the players. Also, I could push the requirement back some... to like 500 or 1000 as being the minimum score.

Serpenteye

First Post
Hi again. Here is a list of my claims, the Lion clan and the Crane clan with all Lion and the northern Crane provinces plus the dragonfly and the imperial lands. (This might make no sence whatsoever, but I'm sure I can contrive something ;)) when I find out which territories lie in the provinces I have claimed I will update. If Black Omega or some other knowledgeable individual would give me a lesson in geography I'd be grateful. :)

Lion Clan
Akodo (Samurai/Akodo Champion/Honor 3) Daimyo: Akodo Ginawa (Male Sam 15/Ftr 3) PL 8 : IR 18
Ikoma (Courtier/Honor 3) Daimyo: Ikoma Sume (Male Court 7/Sam 9) PL 6 : IR 21
Kitsu (Shugenja/Honor 2) Daimyo: Kitsu Juri (Male Shu 16) PL 6 : IR 21
Matsu School (Berzerker/Matsu Rager or Lion's Pride/Honor 2) Daimyo: Matsu Ketsui (Female Sam 7/LionPride 8) PL 5 : IR 15
Lion Clan Champion: Matsu Nimuro (Male Sam 15) PL 2

----
New claims:

* Etsu Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Ibe Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Mukano Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Hozemon Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Sasaryu Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Korjima Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Kaitomo Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Ami Province PL 5 : IR 1

Crane Clan
* Doji (Courtier/Honor 3) Daimyo Doji Kurohito (Male Sam 6/Iaijutsu 5) PL 1 : IR 1
* Asahina (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Kimita (Female Shu 12) PL 2 : IR 2
* Daidoji (Fighter/Daidoji Bodyguard/Honor 2) Daimyo: Daidoji Rekai (Female Sam 10/Ftr 10) PL 10 : IR 28
* Kakita (Samurai or Courtier/Iaijutsu Master/Honor 3) Daimyo: Kakita Kaiten (Male Sam 15) PL 5 : IR 8
* Yasuki (Fighter/Honor 2) Daimyo Yasuki Hachi (Male Sam 5/Ftr 4) PL 1 : IR 1
* Sumiga Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Jodo Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Wadashi Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Ukyo Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Kintani Province PL 5 : IR 1

Dragonfly Clan
* Jishomi Province PL 5 : IR 1

Imperial Provinces
* Rintem Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Okuan Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Miya Estates Province PL 5 : IR 1
* Emonji Province Province PL 5 : IR 1

Monkey provinces
* Northern Yaen Province PL 5 : IR 1

Last edited:

TheWiseWarlord

First Post
Serpenteye:

No offense, but could you please drop your claims to the Crane Clan? I think we need to keep the major clans open until we get a final number of players. If someone else wants to join, they will not have a Clan to choose if we all start grabbing extra clans. Anyway, just my opinion, and you're free to do as you like.

By the way, do you want a Lion Clan Avatar? I'd be happy to send you one if you want.

Serpenteye

First Post
TheWiseWarlord said:
Serpenteye:

No offense, but could you please drop your claims to the Crane Clan? I think we need to keep the major clans open until we get a final number of players. If someone else wants to join, they will not have a Clan to choose if we all start grabbing extra clans. Anyway, just my opinion, and you're free to do as you like.

By the way, do you want a Lion Clan Avatar? I'd be happy to send you one if you want.

I might, but I have 150 PLs to spend and I can't do it all in Lion lands. I have to encroach on someone or place my claims in widely scattered locations, creating a horrible strategic situation. However, if we get another player I'll drop the Crane so as to not exclude anyone.

I don't really know how to use avatars, but It shouldn't be too difficult. I'd be happy to have one, thanks. :)

Remove ads