(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution (Thread II)

Darkwolf

First Post
My cap is not listed...I should have at least 40 over what the base cap is due to several artifact lottery wins.

I also sent you two emails. Did you recieve them?

Last edited:

A few quick questions:

Should Togashi Hoshi and Daigotsu's PL be 4? At the beginning of the Rokugan IR, they both had 3 PL, whereas other characters had 2 PL, however, since players can make their own characters, there are more 3 PL people, are both Togashi Hoshi and Daigotsu supposed to be 'special' characters and have 1 PL above the norm? (Togashi would have an extra +2 or 3 ECL due to half dragon, while Daigotsu's CR is listed as 25 due to his special Lord of the Shadowlands abilities)

And, are NPCs limited in a way or can I upgrade each of the Kolat Masters to 2 PL as opposed to 1 PL? And how does the Oni's Eye bonus to attack work, does it have to be with them when they fight or do they get the bonus while further away?

Also, any rules on using Kharma to bring back NPCs or is it limited in this game (until further research perhaps)?

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'll try and correct list mistakes. I must have screwed something up when I took notes on PL caps. The new base cap SHOULD be 150, but I think I may have put that in wrong for some players. Not to mention I could have skipped some things.

Xeriar, can you tell me what is wrong so I can fix it? If there is something really fugly with it, I might have to re-do your part of the list.

Darkwolf, your' prolly right. I never recieved any emails from you.
Creamsteak@hotmail.com

Sollir, About Togashi and Daigotsu: I think it would be allright to raise there PL. I'll set Togashi as ECL 25 and Daigotsu as ECL 25 (PL 5 each). Unless someone thinks that's not right, it should be fine. You can scry (reveal something about a target player, nation, city, or npc) 3 times per turn. The Kolat and Daigotsu always get the +3/+0 bonus from the Oni's eye. Also, the eye allows you a pretty good degree of omnipotence about people attacking you, negating any chance of a surprise attack.

Unless you know the actual levels and names of the Kolat, I'm limiting them to 1 PL each. You don't "really" need the names, but I assume that if you can find thier level, the names should show themselves as well.

I'm fine with resurecting NPC's, but you must have the body. If a player kills them and keeps (or destroys) the body... no revive.

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Ah, I did not know that about artifacts. Very well. I will keep both of my Sais of the Sky and Earth, and drop the Staff Of Final Death and the Daggers Of Endless Pain.

I reclaim all that which I previously dropped, which puts me back at 150 PL, with the new cap. The only difference is I have a PL 2 NPC, Togashi Sakai, who is a Samurai 19 instead of Samurai 7/Weapon Master 7.

PS

Darkwolf, I think you lost 10 PL since I dropped one of my artifacts previously, and now only have two total left.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Arg... I'm counting PL again. I think that I need to set a flat 200 PL cap and then do another lottery. If nobody will complain I'll take about thirty minutes here to set PL caps for everyone.

Knight Otu

First Post
Hi, creamsteak!

I just mailed you a question I'd like to have an answer for. :)

Also, it seems that the things I pointed out in my post yesterday have not been corrected yet. These are just minor problems, though. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Knight Otu,

I can't find any post related to the lists. At least not on the last two pages. If your asking me to answer questions from your previous posts, people were right. I set the legion up as a unit based on it's npc's level, then figured out its IR based on that.

Black Omega

First Post
Macbrea said:
I am not sure Dragons should be quite that powerful though. They are a regular unit in clanwar. You could walk onto the field with "The Air dragon" and in all the L5R stuff they are very powerful but not that powerful.
I'd have to dredge up Ye Olde Clanwars book to look that up, and it's at home.;)

The RP material treats it differently. I'll just drop this in from the Rokugan d20 book (page 87) and CS can decide what he likes or wants to adjust.

Fortunes and Dragons: Nothing can compare to the might of a fortune or dragon except a more powerful fortune or dragon, or the Sun or Moon. Where the oracles are bound to act in a certain way within the Celestrial Order, these beings are not. However, the DRagons and Fortunes are fond of mankind, and do not express their anger on a whim. Usually. All the terrifying power of an oracle is just a shadow of what a true dragon is capable of, a power matched by the fortunes as well. they cannot be harmed by any means comprehensible to mortals, but that does not mean they will take a harmless affront lightly.

Sun and Moon are more powerful still. Becoming an Oracle will turn a 1st level commoner into a 25 CR being with the power to cast spells as a 20th level shugenja, 35/+5 DR, SR: 30 and more. Add in levels the person had before the change and it gets nastier.

Personally, the approach from past IR's of keeping the Gods distant would probably work here for the Fortunes, Seven Dragons, Sun and Moon as well. The dragons might make their presense known through the oracles if things get bad enough, but it takes a celestrial level fiasco to really draw them in directly.

I appreciate the offer, though, playing the dragons would be a little like being Goku in DBZ. I. AM. POWERRRRRR.:)

The Four Wins would be a bit complex, since they are all basically plotting against each other to become emperor..:) Though they do work together at times, it's true.

Remove ads