(IRR) The Rokugan Industrial Revolution (Thread II)

Knight Otu

First Post
Actually, I posted it on wednesday :eek:. I'll just post it again, without the question regarding the Elemental Legions.

Everything that I claimed is marked as claimed. :)

Some things I would like to adress:

Shiba Temuro (Male Sam5/Shiba Protector5) PL 1 - Isaka Akahita's yojimbo
This should be Isawa Akahita's yojimbo - my mistake :eek: .

Isawa's Helm (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Could you change this to a (+0/+6) Character Bonus? I think that it would fit the powers of the Helm better.

Yabanjin Mura (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
While this is the way it is written in the OA book, I seem to recall that the proper spelling should be Yobanjin Mura. I could be wrong, though.

Now I have to worry about another PL and an ancestor feat. Could take some time, but will certainly come today. :)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Avariel Avenger (150 Base - 20 Artifacts)
Darkwolf (150 Base)
Festy_Dog (150 Base)
Kalanyr (150 Base - 20 Artifacts)
Knight Otu (150 Base - 20 Artifacts -10 Option)
Lichtenhart (150 Base)
Macbrea (150 Base - 20 Artifacts)
Serpenteye (150 Base - 10 Artifacts)
Sollir Furryfoot (150 Base - 110 Artifacts)
Tarrasque (150 Base)
The Forsaken One (150 Base)
Xeriar (150 Base)

Beginning Lottery: Everyone is assigned a number from 1-12 on a d12. I will post the results below. Everyone's new cap is set. It won't be going up from this point. Everyone should be able to do whatever they need given the new caps. I bet some people are going to have trouble filling thier caps if they win many rolls, but we will just have to wait and see.

Rolls: 12,4,2,3,8,7,6,10,10,6,2,9,6,1,8,8,4,10,3,2,11

Avarial Avenger +10
Darkwolf +30
Festy_Dog +20
Kalanyr +20
Knight Otu +10
Lichtenhart +30
Macbrea +10
Serpenteye +30
Sollir Furryfoot +10
Tarrasque +30
The Forsaken One +0 :(
Xeriar +10

Avariel Avenger (150 Base - 20 Artifacts +10) = 140
Darkwolf (150 Base +30) = 180
Festy_Dog (150 Base + 20) = 170
Kalanyr (150 Base - 20 Artifacts +20) = 150
Knight Otu (150 Base - 20 Artifacts +10) = 140
Lichtenhart (150 Base+30) = 180
Macbrea (150 Base - 20 Artifacts + 10) = 160
Serpenteye (150 Base - 10 Artifacts + 30) = 170
Sollir Furryfoot (150 Base - 110 Artifacts + 10) = 50
Tarrasque (150 Base + 30) = 180
The Forsaken One (150 Base + 0) = 150
Xeriar (150 Base + 10) = 160

If everyone is fine with this, this is the way it shall be.

Creamsteak

Explorer
NPCs are capped at PL 1. I havn't let any slide by, but if someone gives me a person from the actual world of rokugan that I can use, I'll add them, even if they are PL 2 or 3.

The logic being that a "real" person from Rokugan is someone who is used in the storyline and is alive at this point in the storyline.

Creamsteak

Explorer
There isn't "technically" a cap on NPC total.

I just want to stress that if you aren't going to role-play them, or get them involved in the story at all... I really don't want to see them.

I roleplayed ... I believe it was 6 characters in the last IR. Only one of them had a PL, that was my PC. Other than those 6, I controlled 10 NPCs that I only made a one-liner with. Those 10 NPCs shouldn't have existed, because they were nothing but PL for me.

I'm not going to set a hard rule about it, however, I will stop you if you try and claim more NPCs than territories/clans/artifacts and whatever else combined. I guarantee that.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just a little run-down of possible (not confirmed) clan-based advantages/disadvantages:

Crab: +1/+1 against the Shadowlands
Crane: Double Attacks during surprise rounds
Dragon: -25% to artifact construction costs
Fox: +20% to spying and resisting scrying
Lion: +1 PL per territory per turn (minimum IR of 1 required)
Mantis: +1/+1 during Naval Battles
Nezumi: Immune to taint, +0/+1 against Shadowlands
Phoenix: -25% to epic spell costs
Scorpion: +20% to diplomatic subversion and spying
Unicorn: Can take a +5/-5 for 1 round each turn
Shadowlands: 10% chance to subvert defeated enemies
Bloodspeakers: +20% to diplomatic subversion and -10% to costs for creating an epic level spell

Why are these my current picks?

Crab: Duh, it's about half of many crabs life... I was also considering an advantage to fortresses or something, but I dropped it in favor of just this.

Crane: They are the masters of dueling, and are still quite courtly... I was stuck between giving NPCs advantages, and giving diplomatic subversion advantages. I dropped both when I thought of the Iaijutsu skill that allows two cuts in one strike. That sort of inspired me to give them two attacks if they ever successfully surprise someone.

Dragon: I half chose this because of Avarial's style of play he is hinting at, and I half chose it because dragons=treasure=artifacts... Both of which show a relation to this.

Fox: I'm not sure what Kal's style is, but at first I was thinking of adding PL from the plane of animals each turn. Or an advantage while fighting in that plane. Later I considered that fox's hide in dens, and yet they are still quite agile hunters. They can hide well, and they hunt well... hmmm... that's how I came up with my answer.

Lion: I was thinking immunity to fear, and similar things. Then I thoght about it, and changed it to focusing on the once huge Lion armies. Of course, it also reflects some of Serpenteyes style of play from the last IR.

Mantis: I like the Mantis Clan having the strongest Navy. I also was thinking of the mantis in a rougish light. I finally decided to lean towards the navy in the end.

Nezumi: Since no faction is all-nezumi, I thought the advantage shouldn't be too powerful. I made them quite good at what they do, but not infinitely good at it. I focused on racial traits, but then again just immunity was kind of lame, so I added the bonus in as well.

Pheonix: Well... magic. That's the only thought I had on this matter. I also considered some of the feats and stuff, but magic is the whole primary factor.

Unicorn: I was stuck here at first, then I decided to focus on the rage instead of the horse/unicorn thing. The Rage type affect will probably end a fight in one round, however it only works once per turn. This is obviously the most combat-strong ability, so it had to have the drawbacks I listed. Basically with a -5 defense you have no chance of blocking while you rage.

Shadowlands: We discussed 5% before, but I decided they need more punch than that. 10% sounds slightly more reasonable, so I took it up. They also are immune to taint, but it's not really a special ability.

Bloodspeakers: Aimed for the ability to create epic spells (though normally not the nice kind) almost as good as the pheonix clan, but they also get that diplomatic subversion bonus, which if played right could steal a characters NPC deck.

Everyone who can, give me some ideas of how you feel about these.

Last edited:

Black Omega

First Post
creamsteak said:
Just a little run-down of possible (not confirmed) clan-based advantages/disadvantages:

Crab: +1/+1 against the Shadowlands
Crane: Double Attacks during surprise rounds
Dragon: -25% to artifact construction costs
Fox: +20% to spying, and +20% to resisting spying
Lion: +1 PL per territory per turn (minimum IR of 1 required)
Mantis: +1/+1 during Naval Battles
Nezumi: Immune to taint, +1/+0 against Shadowlands
Phoenix: -25% to epic spell costs
Unicorn: Can take a +5/-5 for 1 round each turn
Shadowlands: 10% chance to subvert defeated enemies
Bloodspeakers: +10% to spying and diplomatic subversion attempts
Are the Fox really the Scorpion? Or did the Masters of Secrets take their stealth to a new level and disappear from the lists?:)

Creamsteak

Explorer
Whoops. Didn't expect anyone to be online right now. I was pre-posting and editing this post so everyone could read it over the course of the next day. Now you make me look bad. ;)

Your right though... I'll edit that.

Remove ads