(IRR) The Rokugan IR Introduction (Thread 3)

AvarielAvenger

First Post
TFO: Exactly. That's too powerful, and it also negates another Clans bonus, so it's a bad idea, in my opinion. Anyway.

Possible Mantis Clan bonuses:

The Hand Of Osono-Wu:

The Mantis Clan rival the Dragon Clan in wielding two blades at once, but their style is far more offensive in it's approach.

Either of the following would work, in my opinion:

Same as the Dragon Clan, but they take a -4 to defense and no negative to attack instead of -2 each.

A +1 attack bonus given to all NPCs.

Luck Of The Storms:

The Mantis clan is extraordinarily lucky, having survived where they should not have, becoming a Major Clan, and thriving where others would fall.

Bonus: Any time a random effect is generated (Storms, earthquakes, etc.) it is a benefit to the Mantis Clan. Should a Storm, for example, occur, it would hinder the enemies of the Mantis Clan far more than hindering the Mantis.

Or perhaps an earthquake would occur before a battle, weakening the defenses of a target the Mantis Clan is about to attack. And so on. The DM would roll a % to see if a random effect is generated, and if one is, it benefits the Mantis.

Master Mercenaries:

The Mantis Clan works for other Clans in Rokugan often, and they gain great prestige and money from this. Each turn, the Mantis Clan generates a randomly generated bonus number of PL, (say 5-20) from the mercenary work they have been doing.

Master Smugglers:

The Mantis Clan smuggles many exotic spices, weapons, and even the new "technology" often to their islands, and from this they have gained a great amount of advancement in a shorter span of time than the other clans.

Bonus:

The Mantis Clan starts with 10 bonus IR, and generates a free additional number of IR each turn, to be determined by the DM. This IR is assigned either to the Mantis Clan itself, or the Sea/Islands they hold.

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Macbrea said:

The way I determined what was good units and suppose to be in the flavor of Scorpion clan was I used to play Clanwar wargame and the CCG. The scorpion units that existed that had specific flavor were:

Crimson legion = Light armored samurai that made up most of scorpions samurai
Black Cabal = Heavy armored No-dachi weilding samurai with no fear of death
Shoshura Geisha = in the CCG they had the ability to slowly kill off people
Shoshura Acting troop = a group of ninja that moved about from city to city disguised as an acting troop. They snuck in and killed people during their acts. The acts were there mostly to distract people and entertain the populace.

You will notice I still have a family called Shoshura which is completely Ninja. That is the sneak in and kill you type family. As to it causing problems in the world and making enemies. That is the nature of being Clan Scorpion. People except alittle bit of random attacks from them using subterfuge. If my Geisha aren't even controlled really by me then they are much less of a fear then directed attacks.

I am setting up for the flavor of the clan. As to clan scorpion all being celebit, that is got to be a lie. How exactly does a family last thousands of years without having sex at all? I will believe that your monks are celebit. But your samurai are get egnimatic and confusing to the rest of the world.

Heh. Behold, the meaning of the ;) symbol will now be explained by the wise sages of the Dragon Clan.

When the ;) symbol is displayed, it is insinuated that the aforementioned comments were made in jest, and not meant to be taken seriously. Since, sadly, tone cannot be conveyed on a message board, the symbol ;) is all that is able to prevent sad misunderstandings. Learn this well, and you will grow strong and powerful in the Tao of the messageboard.

;)

The IR Feat looks nice.

I think I'll opt for:

---------------
FOR THE MANTIS CLAN/FORCES
Master Smugglers:

The Mantis Clan smuggles many exotic spices, weapons, and even the new "technology" often to their islands, and from this they have gained a great amount of advancement in a shorter span of time than the other clans.

Bonus:

The Mantis Clan starts with 10 bonus IR, and generates a free additional number of IR each turn, to be determined by the DM. This IR is assigned either to the Mantis Clan itself, or the Sea/Islands they hold.

And lucky the way I named it in my post, just for DM ruling from time to time as a passive bonus.
-------------------
FOR THE WASP CLAN/FORCES

The First Strike ability (McBrae's version with preferably offcourse the bonus that their surprise rounds cannot be prevented except by the Oni's Eye.)

And the Lucky ability in the same way the Mantis get it, as per DM's ruling from time to time. Gives alot of flavor and humour in this game if played well by the DM.

Last edited:

Macbrea

First Post
Ah, very sorry Dragon-sana! Tis a slight misunderstanding as to the continuation of your family and its lineage. May the fine ladies of my house entertain you in your court free this year.

Bayushi Nori,
Scorpion clan Diamyo

:p

Last edited:

Creamstake you altered all my NPC chars, is that correct and supposed to stay that way? If so I'll have more free PL to spend and I must do as such then.

And the Daimo's from 3 army forces which you randomly assigned were flawed and I posted the correct ones in the edited final list on the previous page. So if you would be so kind as to change that.

And if you'd note if the NPC's can be PL 2 as a exception or that they haev to be brought back to PL 1 which would result in free PL. So an answer to that please.

AvarielAvenger

First Post
Macbrea: Sounds good. And our Monks are looking forward to it too. ;)

TFO:

No NPC can be above one PL at the beginning of the IR, with the exception of NPCs that already exist in the Rokugan world, like Daimyos, for example.

And again......

PC and NPC's
The five Tides:
Mika (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 3
Illadin (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 1
Nyovne (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 1
Jola (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 1
Eknien (Unknown Uknown?/Unknown?) PL 1

Hunterseekers (Led by Tsuruchi Ichiro):
Tsuruchi Xemoni (Male Fighter 8/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 5) PL 1
Tsuruchi Kamiru (Male Fighter 7/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 7) PL 1

Mantis Clan Champion: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 1
Centipede Clan Leader: Moshi Juiko (Female Shugenja 17) PL 2
Wasp Clan Champion and Leader: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Fighter 6/ Wasp Bounty Hunter 8) PL 1

Families
Yoritomo (Fighter/Storm Legion/Honor 2) Daimyo: Yoritomo Kitao (Female Ftr 6/Rog 8) PL 4 : IR 5
Moshi (Shugenja/Honor 3) Daimyo: Moshi Juiko (Female Shu 17) PL 6 : IR 13
Tsuruchi (Fighter/Wasp Bountyhunter/Honor 2) Daimyo: Tsuruchi Ichiro (Male Ftr 6/Wasp BH 5) PL 1 : IR 1

Territories
Samato Province PL 5 : IR 1
Buhan Province PL 5 : IR 1
Nikado Province PL 5 : IR 1
Sameisa Province PL 5 : IR 1
Yoka Province PL 5 : IR 1
Wan no Asaguroi Mizu (Bay of Dark Water) PL 3 : IR 0
Shima No Kinu (Island of Silk) PL 5 : IR 0
Shima No Koshinryo (Island of Spice) PL 5 : IR 0
Umi Yakamo (Sea of the Sun God) PL 10 : IR 0

Palaces/Castles/Towers/Cities/Villages
M8*Tani Senshio (Valley of the Centipede) PL 2 : IR 2
M3*Kaimentsu-uo Seido (Shrine) PL 6 : IR 2
M5*Maigosera Seido (Lighthouse) PL 1 : IR 0
M4*Tokigogachu (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A26*Koutetsukan (City) PL 3 : IR 4
M1*Kyuden Gotei (Palace Mantis) PL 6 : IR 4
M6*Kyuden Ashinagabachi (Palace Wasp) PL 7 : IR 5
M2*Toshi no Inazuma (City of Lightning) PL 4 : IR 5
A15*Koeru (Village) PL 1 : IR 1
A19*Daidoji Yukan-se (Tower) PL 5 : IR 3
M7*Shaiga (Village) PL 3 : IR 1

Armies
The Storm legion (Fighter/Storm Legion) Daimo: Yoritomo Kitao PL 22 (Effective fleet = PL 35 ; +10 PL from Sea of the Sun God and +3 PL fleet from Bay of Dark Water)
Wasp Raiders (Fighter/Rogue/Wasp Bounty Hunter) Daimo:Tsuruchi Ichiro PL 4
Skystrikers (Shugenja) Daimo: Moshi Juiko PL 13

Last edited:

AvarielAvenger

First Post
You know, I think Creamsteak stated earlier that you can't have more than 20 PL of custom armies/troops. That may be why he reduced the PL of your claims.

Remove ads