(IRR) The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

Festy_Dog

First Post
Creamsteak: about the immunities to scrying, if the mask did prevent all scrying (including sollir's) could it still have the specifics that I included? (affects nearby NPC's, counter-scrying, misleading images, etc.)

Creamsteak

Explorer
you lose the +6 defense,

But basically any small actions based around your PC would be completely immune to scrying by sollir. Possibly you can mislead him, depending on what he was scrying for.

If he was scrying for your PC, you can't mislead him to believe your somewhere else.

If he was scrying a certain location, he couldn't find your PC there, but he would see the location normally, and any major changes there.

If he was scrying for "important events" or any kind of action, you could mislead him...

does that make sense?

Knight Otu

First Post
Black Omega said:
Not quite, but I do have most. With luck I'll get the Way of the Shugenja book in the next day or so.

I seem to have gotten it early? I've bought it some time ago and intended to discuss some things in it, but forgot it.
If you already have it, what do you think about the Tsuno magic?

I wouldn't go quite this far. Unless Way of the Shugenja changes this, it's not been mentioned in the d20 books at all. From Way of the Unicorn 116-117 is simply states: "Finally, shugenja who use meishodo are invoking power from a metaphysical system that is not native to Rokugan. For whatever reason, whenever meishodo shugeenja try to use traditional Rokugani magic all target numbers are increased by 5."

So it becomes more difficult rather than impossible. A change from the original L5R system. Magic of Rokugan barely touches on this so i'm curious if it was done out more in WotSh.
I don't remember reading anything on this, but then again, I concentrated more on the Phoenix chapter. ;)

Knight Otu

First Post
Re: The Rokugan IR (Thread 4)

creamsteak said:
Artifacts
Name or Title of the Artifact
Kalanyr
Staff of the Trickster (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Tricksters Cloak (+0/+6) Character Bonus

Knight Otu
Keitaku, the Celestial Sword of the Phoenix (+3/+3) Character Bonus
Isawa's Helm (+3/+3) Character Bonus

Sorry to be so nit-picky, but the artifacts section is still missing the Katana of Fire. :)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Creamsteak could you remove the hare NPCs from my list. I need an accurate evaluation of my PL to start claiming again. And could you remove the 10 PL for the immunity to scrying for my PC artifact too please?

Knight Otu

First Post
creamsteak said:
Give me 10 minutes to do it, I'm updating my signature... I have to figure out how to turn my picture into a Link for the IR.
If I recall correctly, you have to put the image tag into the URL tag ... not 100% sure, though.

I like the picture, btw! :)

Edit: Seems that you were faster. :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Gawk at my new and improved Sig... you will all recognize my true saiyan birthright to kick ass and constantly beat the crap out of anyone and anything... now with swords.

Last edited:

Remove ads