• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is it Dungeon Master or Game Master?

It is...

• Dungeon Master

Votes: 121 75.2%
  • Game Master

Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Something else (specify)

Votes: 13 8.1%

omedon

First Post
Darkness said:
You don't like PC(s)? ;)

As a matter of fact I don't Darkness, and what self-respecting Dungeon Master would?

See, this is the fundamental difference between DM's and GM's. GM's are out to make sure their players have a fun time playing their game, while a DM's goal is to make his players suffer... [omedon smiles a devilish smile]

When I DM I play to win. :D

Blood Jester

First Post
Skywalker said:
...The name is not that important but if I had a preference it would be GM as I find it more neutral and less game specific. I hate it when a game comes along and has to make its own stamp by renaming the GM something like DM :)

Lacking a ";)" I can only hope you meant that in jest? (i.e. the gaming-historically-insane accusation that D&D had to 'make its own stamp')

:)

SableWyvern

Adventurer
DM when playing D&D.

GM for most other games, and occasionally D&D.

But my favourites are "Sir" most of the time and "Computer" or "Friend Computer" occasionally while playing Paranoia. Ah...only when you're the Computer can you start killing PCs during character generation (without full-scale player desertion, anyway).

Castaigne

First Post
DM if I'm posting on a DnD board about DnD. In writing or when posting about other rpg's it's GM. I can't remember the last time I heard anyone use either form when speaking.

And the GM in Call of Cthulhu is referred to as The Keeper.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
DM all the way. Although I call ours Schmuck sometimes.
DM is also short for DM hee-m to hee-ell. Just say it out loud a few times for me. It's good for a cheap laugh, just to hear yourself. Really! :)

Originally posted by omedon
It's DM! Gosh darn it and any player that calls me otherwise shall lose 100XP!

I'll give you 1000XP just for saying "lose" instead of "loose", like so many misguided people do these days.
Who else wants a Flight of Dragons (special edition) DVD? I know I do.

Edit: Doh!

Last edited:

Remove ads