Is it just me...

Dribble.

First Post
Damn, I was to answer this to somebody... but I starting reading and got completely lost. So, this IS aimed at someone, but I honestly don't remember who!

Anyway, here is what I was to say (wich must be pretty useless by now but, well, as I said after proposing the poetry contest, I love saying useless stuff. Cleans my mouth of extra... drooling.)

Most who play here are, as I call 'em, "uppers". Northamericans, anglosaxons. Others are influenced by "upper" culture. I'm not saying "It's just my opinion, I can be wrong!" because that's obvious, there is no way I have the absolute truth. So don't start making "I'm australian!" posts :p As far as I have seen, uppers LOVE to do things complex and messy.

Because of this thread? Hm, could be, could be not. Because, back when it was the Veteran vs. Newbie thing, the main argument was: "Newbies go do something, seach for ways, jump in stories, don't stand like that! There are lots of -alternative- ways!" and "Veterans go talk to newbies, you are not the only ones around!". And there was some babbling about "alternative" ways and... obvious stuff.

I am a newbie, big time. And neither me or ANY of my chars ever had relation problems. Midrod was always trying to lecture people in good, and, in his old times, play stupid jokes like throwing a rock at someone. Dribble was just plain insulting every one, threatening, and stabbing. Soon I got half the community after him, and no OOC complains, sometimes I even got a couple praises. Bari is a guy who just walks to random people to say "Hello!" and shake hands. Not because he's stupid. Because he comes to a tavern (as we come to the chat) to interact. So I don't think it's about jumping into storylines, or waiting to be talked to, or "studying" people. I'm not saying they don't work. I say it's just much easier just pick some random person and IC OR OOC just say, "Hi!"

That's all.

AND no stupid things on this one! HA! I can say something without doing stupid jokes!
...guess that ruined it :p

Dontella

First Post
Jeajea said:
Storyline referance thread: I vote yes but caution that it might take a lot of maintaining.

Indeed.. Alot more from the story line people though. I'd run it like I do the group thread, posting changes as I get them..

*chuckles*

Right.. if a few more folks say yes, I'll start one up to keep track of.. later, after I get some sleepies. ;)

fowai_uss

First Post
Well, seeing as how Fowai hasn't been a part of many (if any) storylines thus far, and I'm too lazy right now to come up with one on my own, I vote yes to the 'Storyline Thread' idea.

Fowai looks to Bhryn, drooling at the withheld chocolate

Fowai: Mmmm...chocolate...*drools excessively*...

Mortonia

First Post
I'd say yes to the storyline thread, because I'd like to have my characters get involved in some (more) mischief than they already are. However, I'd like to know if it would be possible to make it sort of a synopsis style thread, so you have some basic overview of what the storyline is?

Kalreil

First Post
Making fun of some one IC if fine, but a new person might not know that it means nothing OOC.And some one that has been catching hell OOC is probably going to take it as another attack on their person.

Bhryn

First Post
Deirdre said:
Great idea Dontella AND Bhryn.

And Bar can you elaborate on these uppers?

HAH! In your uh... ...eye... or... whatever... hehe, she backed me...

It's a yes Donny. I don't have much time but I'm willing to help you maintain it if needs be!

Remove ads