• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Is Pathfinder D & D?

GreyLord

Legend
I prefer Pepsi to Coca Cola. When I order soda in a restaurant, I order a Coke, hoping to get Pepsi.

When I play D&D now, I am playing Pathfinder.

Here is how I know Pathfinder is D&D (not that I needed reassurance.) When I bought the Bestiary, to make it interesting I opened up the 1st edition MM, and read all of the Bestiary entries that were in AD&D MM1 first. Then I read the entries that were AD&D MM2, then AD&D Fiend Folio.

All of the Bestiary entries expanded on the (very limited) amount of fluff present in those earlier AD&D volumes.

EVERY time I run D&D I have included the AD&D DMG in the books I bring with me. In fact I often refer back to it, when creating fluff issues for my campaign. I STILL bring my AD&D DMG to run Dungeons and Dragons version: Pathfinder.

I love to drink coke, but the coke I drink is Pepsi. I still love D&D but the D&D I play is Pathfinder.

Great statement, but I have only one problem with it as someone who drinks Coke and was originally from Geogia.

I agree Pathfinder can be D&D if you consider 3.X D&D...BUT

Pepsi can never be Coke. It is not Coke, it does not taste like Coke, it does not compare to Coke. Only someone who hasn't tasted Coke would mistake Pepsi for Coke.

Coke is the one and only Coke (and that's Classic, not new).

That is all...

:heh:

Jeffrie

First Post
I can't tell you how many times i've ordered a coke and been brought a pepsi.. .

I only looked at 4.e once, but it seemed quite different, and less . .. . . customizable? I would like to see a game with massive options, and with nearly everything being available for a price (similar to the point buy and feat system, but expanded so 'class' was less of a limit. On second thought, that sounds cluttered.

I've never played pathfinder, but almost bought the core books last time i was in the store. I could only, at a glance, see minor differences from 3.5.

What are the biggest differences?

Androrc

First Post
I prefer Pepsi to Coca Cola. When I order soda in a restaurant, I order a Coke, hoping to get Pepsi.

When I play D&D now, I am playing Pathfinder.

Here is how I know Pathfinder is D&D (not that I needed reassurance.) When I bought the Bestiary, to make it interesting I opened up the 1st edition MM, and read all of the Bestiary entries that were in AD&D MM1 first. Then I read the entries that were AD&D MM2, then AD&D Fiend Folio.

All of the Bestiary entries expanded on the (very limited) amount of fluff present in those earlier AD&D volumes.

EVERY time I run D&D I have included the AD&D DMG in the books I bring with me. In fact I often refer back to it, when creating fluff issues for my campaign. I STILL bring my AD&D DMG to run Dungeons and Dragons version: Pathfinder.

I love to drink coke, but the coke I drink is Pepsi. I still love D&D but the D&D I play is Pathfinder.

And the Pathfinder bestiary has classics like the Juju Zombie :)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Great statement, but I have only one problem with it as someone who drinks Coke and was originally from Geogia.

I agree Pathfinder can be D&D if you consider 3.X D&D...BUT

Pepsi can never be Coke. It is not Coke, it does not taste like Coke, it does not compare to Coke. Only someone who hasn't tasted Coke would mistake Pepsi for Coke.

Coke is the one and only Coke (and that's Classic, not new).

That is all...

:heh:

Pepsi yuck, I drink Coke, but I play Pathfinder, not 4e.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads