• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Is Quarry + Sneak Attack in same attack legal?

N0Man

First Post
Just like the topic says... Is a multi-class Ranger/Rogue (or Rogue/Ranger) able to perform an attack that deals both Quarry bonus damage and Sneak Attack bonus damage in a single attack (once per encounter)?

I don't see a rule that would forbid it, but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking something.

And while on the subject of Rogues...

In Martial Powers, the feat "Brutal Wound" gives ongoing damage, however I noticed the typical "(save ends)" is absent from this feat. Almost other source of "ongoing damage" lists some condition for when it ends (a save, no longer bloodied, etc), however this feat along with a couple Paragon paths do *not* mention an end condition.

Should I assume that a save ends? Or not?

Last edited:

Rafe

First Post
Just like the topic says... Is a multi-class Ranger/Rogue (or Rogue/Ranger) able to perform an attack that deals both Quarry bonus damage and Sneak Attack bonus damage in a single attack (once per encounter)?

As far as I know, there's no reason you can't. One of those abilities will only be once per encounter, as you said. That's it.

You can use both SA and HQ on the same attack.

Brutal Wound only increases ongoing damage if the power already deals ongoing damage. Therefore, the 'save ends'/etc. is given in the power's description.

LyonHearted

First Post
Don't forget that SA can only be used with light blades, x-bows and slings. So if you're a Ranger that multi-classed into Rogue, you would have to hit with one of the above weapons to use the SA extra damage.

Remove ads